Browns Game Thread - Stoolers vs. Browns - Game 3 | Page 7 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Stoolers vs. Browns - Game 3

Studs:
  • Stefanski is getting praise for his run game calls and design. Leading the NFL is rushing is on-point.
  • Brissett has one junk interception on the year, and has played well enough to be 3-0
  • O-line - allowed only 4 pressures and continued to road-grade.
  • Amari - even with two drops, he-good.
  • The Chief - felt like he's officially in-groove for 2022
  • Chubb and Hunt
  • Tony Fields active in relief, and Taki did well too
  • Punt returner, Chester Rogers, was VERY comfortable catching punts. Felton may be done.
  • DB's gave up no big plays
  • The punter
  • Penalties are still low
  • First place, undefeated in the division, and have started the year beating Bake and the Stillers.

Duds:
  • Priefer. Come on man. What has he done to make special teams better in CLE? Starting to wonder.
  • Ward - toasted quite a bit
  • Myles - not bad, maybe just one difference making play however
  • DPJ on that on-side kick
  • LB injuries
  • Woods. Seems like we could have pressured Trubisky more. Occasional 12-man probs
  • Did it make the Jets loss sting a little more knowing we should be 3-0? Ahhh well lol.

I have to disagree with Myles on the duds. He’s just relentlessly doubled. It’s the others on the line who aren’t getting home.

Woods needs to dial up more blitzing, and the guys need to get home when it’s called.

I don’t want to be harsh because outside of Clowney it’s a lot of youth. They’ve had their moments and they’ve been generally disciplined in clogging up lanes to rush with integrity. But they need to bring more heat than they’re bringing.

But it’s definitely not a Garrett issue. He’s just always doubled.

Garrett is wildly overrated. Always has been. Feasts on shit tackles, disappears otherwise. Same in college. And seems to be out of breath about 10 minutes into the game. Every top tier DL in the game is double and triple teamed yet they still produce. He's a one trick pony, and isn't all that consistent at that trick. I'd trade him for two firsts and whatever else we can get out of him. Imagine the haul. How much would we really miss. A sack here and there. Otherwise doesn't seem to exist. Doesn't stop the run. Too tired by the 4th quarter to even be on the field.

I said what I said.

Garrett is wildly overrated. Always has been. Feasts on shit tackles, disappears otherwise. Same in college. And seems to be out of breath about 10 minutes into the game. Every top tier DL in the game is double and triple teamed yet they still produce. He's a one trick pony, and isn't all that consistent at that trick. I'd trade him for two firsts and whatever else we can get out of him. Imagine the haul. How much would we really miss. A sack here and there. Otherwise doesn't seem to exist. Doesn't stop the run. Too tired by the 4th quarter to even be on the field.

I said what I said.
Seems only last week there was this discussion that Myles was going to break the sack record. He didnt.
At the time it was also pointed out that he sold out against the pass and was easily blocked on running downs.

If he truly eats up blocks like it's portrayed, he should play DT, not end.

He's a 1st team All Pro the last two years, three of the last 4. That is not to be taken lightly. His job is to get sacks and he does that at an extremely high level on a team without much else in the way of QB pressures. Except him. Seems like knit picking and the fact that teams can afford to double and triple team him says more about the rest of the DLine not being able to get pressure.

I know he's not the crazy, mean, vocal shit talker like others, but that doesn't mean he's somehow deficient. If Woods asked MG to play the run more he'd do it and sacrifice his sacks and he'd get shit for that too.

Every other top tier DL is double and triple teamed. He has Clowney on the opposite end and we are claiming he is all alone out there? Hogwash. He gets to the QB at times, generally against shit tackles. I'd rather recoup some first round picks and use them on some DL that can pressure the QB and play the run. 😃

I said what I said.

You’ve held that view since you swore up and down the Browns had Mitch Trubisky and Derek Barnett rightttttt there for the taking!

Guy is about to become our all time sack leader but doesn’t exist. Yeeeeeesh.

Like I said, one trick pony who feasts on shit tackles.

Are you insinuating I am bitter because we didn't draft Trubisky? Your Barnett crack is just fantasy.

I wanted a top QB prospect every single year until we got our franchise guy. That was my point and everybody knows it.

Garrett is the same player he was in college. A guy who dominates here and there against bad players but is otherwise invisible.

Thank you for pointing out my consistency. ♥️

I’m not insinuating anything. I’m outright saying it. You’ve been over-the-top harsh on Garrett from the moment he was a prospect and it has never stopped.

Didn’t matter how many times he was named a pro-bowlers, all-pro, top 100, among the league leaders in sacks, and now on the precipice of breaking a franchise record with a long career ahead of him.

You have denigrated the guy at every turn because you fell in love with two shit prospects and never let it go.

You’re right, that is consistent. Sure ain’t a compliment.

Again. The lies. Fell in love? No. Wanted a franchise QB in every single draft we had a top 10 pick in? Yes. Would have been equally excited for any other top 10 QB talent we drafted? Yes.

Have not denigrated at every turn. Another lie. Praised when deserved.

Keep twisting journo. Sure ain't a compliment.

Again. The lies. Fell in love? No. Wanted a franchise QB in every single draft we had a top 10 pick in? Yes. Would have been equally excited for any other top 10 QB talent we drafted? Yes.

Have not denigrated at every turn. Another lie. Praised when deserved.

Keep twisting journo. Sure ain't a compliment.

It is what it is. There’s no need to get personal and take shots at my profession.

Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

I'll say this about Garrett, and I admit I was against drafting him from day 1 because I saw him play a lot at A&M. I rarely agree with TBPP, but I'm with him on this one. I know Garrett is the darling of the league, but he has yet to show up big time in an important game. He had, what, 4.5 sacks against the Bears in Fields' first start last year? That's more than 1/4th of his sacks for the season last year. Name a big game where Garrett made a difference. 2 tackle assists vs the Steelers Thursday. One trick pony who rarely hustles on any play away from him, no better than average or just below against the run.

Last edited:
I'll copy paste a 4 year old comment here:

He is a good pass rusher. Creating pressure leads to incompletions and interceptions. You dont always need ti get a sack.
And he seems to get the sack anyway quite often.
Vs the run though... He is pretty bad at setting the edge and reading what is happening in the backfield. The chargers game was a big example of that. The Saints tooled him too.
Just shows he is either lazy to learn or no one has coached him right yet.
If he learns to play the run better and smarter he can be a real #1 worthy pick.

I'll say this about Garrett, and I admit I was against drafting him from day 1 because I saw him play a lot at A&M. I rarely agree with TBPP, but I'm with him on this one. I know Garrett is the darling of the league, but he has yet to show up big time in an important game. He had, what, 4.5 sacks against the Bears in Fields' first start last year? That's more than 1/4th of his sacks for the season last year. Name a big game where Garrett made a difference. 2 tackle assists vs the Stoolers Thursday. One trick pony who rarely hustles on any play away from him, no better than average or just below against the run.

I am sorry sir, your opinion is invalid because you liked some other prospect over Garrett that year. 🤦‍♂️

Says the man who wanted Josh Rosen and Mitch Trubisky. And I screamed all off-season we should draft Mahomes, so. . . .
It was a joke. I was referring to BDU's post. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ And please refer to my previous posts. I wanted to take a swing every year we had a top 10 pick on a franchise QB, until we had one. (as has been explained repeatedly, including during those years) Allen is who I loved the most in recent years, but you all told me he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I also liked Lamar Jackson better than Mayfield, but I was told he should be drafted in the 5th round as a WR. Mahomes I would have been thrilled with. All I wanted was to take a swing. They drafted a freak athlete at DL instead who runs out of steam after 1 quarter.

Last edited:
It was a joke. I was referring to BDU's post. 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ And please refer to my previous posts. I wanted to take a swing every year we had a top 10 pick on a franchise QB, until we had one. (as has been explained repeatedly, including during those years) Allen is who I loved the most in recent years, but you all told me he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I also liked Lamar Jackson better than Gayfield, but I was told he should be drafted in the 5th round as a WR. Mahomes I would have been thrilled with. All I wanted was to take a swing. They drafted a freak athlete at DL instead who runs out of steam after 1 quarter.
Looking back, I'd like to know the thought process of trading down with Houston, thus passing on Watson the 1st time. We got #25, Peppers, and their 1st pick in 2018, Ward. Yikes! Talk about misreading talent!

Top Bottom