Browns Game Thread - Stoolers vs. Browns - Game 3 | Page 9 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Stoolers vs. Browns - Game 3

We don't even have that type of odd story.
Trent Dilfer,Joe Namath,Jeff Hostetler,Mark Rypien,Doug Williams a few more if you like. because we're unlucky or inept both really.
We are still in the Browns, Lions, Jaguars, and Texans club. let alone win the Big one. Jaguars, and Texans I got shoes and Suits older than those teams nice ones too. :cool:

But HOF QB bookends in my lifetime. you could've picked better Jay :LOL: we are still looking for the next Otto.
Joe Namath was a great QB... Why would you lump him in with those other average guys?... Did you ever see Broadway Joe play?.. I have.. I even met him once outside Muni stadium.

Joe Namath was a great QB... Why would you lump him in with those other average guys?... Did you ever see Broadway Joe play?.. I have.. I even met him once outside Muni stadium.
Joe got me interested in the NFL more than anyone else as a player. tossing it for 4,000 yards for the first time in 1967 the year before the SB. when I was a kid the CFL was on TV more than the NFL. I watch them on Ch 10 out of London On. I was in Church on Sundays. our game was harder to follow for a kid. the CFL was just wide open easy to understand etc I born into a baseball & boxing home. I got my Dad into football.

That said Joe had 4 winning seasons in 13 years. outside of the SB year he lost his only other playoff game. he had 2 great seasons outside of those he was 41-56. he got lots of hype playing in NYC winning a super bowl for the little team called the Jets in the land of the Giants. plus a great salesman he is/was. I like him

Got me thinking.
A guy that is underrated and belongs in the HOF. Jim Plunkett got 2 rings. very similar to Namath in a few ways both had 3 very good seasons, yet hamper by injuries, struggling thru 15 & 13 seasons. not always playing with great teams.

Top Bottom