THE 2021 NFL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER FOR THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.thoughts? | Page 4 | Barking Hard

THE 2021 NFL SEASON IS OFFICIALLY OVER FOR THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.thoughts?

Not a fan of Stefanskis offense or his "leadership" style at all. Hope it works out and turns into perennial playoffs and Superbowls, but more likely another waste of years, and this stint all the worse because we have one of the most talented rosters in the league.

No big time QB or WR will want to play in Stefanski's offense, as it neuters them. I get why Baker hates it. Hope to see a major overhaul, but two years in and it doesn't seem like that is going to happen. I'd love to see him fired right now, IF the right guy is brought in to replace him. But that's not going to happen.
Fans, and people in general adhere to the fallacy that it takes a substantial amount of time to determine if someone is doing a good job or not. These same people believe that practice makes perfect, which it most certainly does not. PREFECT practice makes perfect.

When I was a kid, my Maestro would give me musical pieces that were far above the grade both for my age and development level. Some pieces took me as long as 4 months to master. Each week I would perform my progress. My teacher didn't judge me by how close I was to finishing the piece, but instead on how well I mastered the 4, 6, 12 or how many bars I presented to him. If he saw that I put in the slow, deliberate practice that enabled me to play the piece with proper form, we pressed on. If however, I executed the measures to sound correct but had improper hand and finger techniques, he went back to the drawing board.

The reason Stefanski will never be a winning coach in the NFL has nothing to do with his WL record over a given year, but rather becuse he does not ever improve the "individual measures". In my case, improper fingering and hand position, In Stefanski's case, continued penalties, dropped passes, missed assignments, predictable offense and passive defense.

Stefanski does not comprehend that success is a process. it requires a process, a long term process that is defined and practiced by everyone involved. Stefanski is a reactionary coach. He sees a fuck up game and then he spends the week working on those mistakes. Meanwhile a bunch of other shit pops up, and then he changes course to deal with those.

Stefanski blows. He really, really blows.

Allen is who most people with eyes always thought he was ...a football Adonis. But we drafted the pied Piper instead. 😭
I don't really follow and document college football like a lot of guys here. I knew a bit about Allen, but based on his size, athleticism and arm, I was flabbergasted that we took Mayfield. The way Buffalo looked against the Pats was mind-blowingly impressive. I have to say that after watching that game it was hard not to come away feeling the Bills would go to the show. Certainly, Allen's performance caused a WTF Mayfieled?

Fans, and people in general adhere to the fallacy that it takes a substantial amount of time to determine if someone is doing a good job or not. These same people believe that practice makes perfect, which it most certainly does not.
This x1000. If I don't already know a coach is trash before we hire him, I know soon after. Like weeks. Usually before the seasons starts. Been dealing with these fans for a decade plus wanting to just give them a fair shake, they deserve at least 3 years, and every fucking excuse in the book for why this or that is happening. That's not to say it doesn't take time to fix some things depending on the situation. But oddly I find most fans have no patience for the coach who is doing the hard work necessary and getting results, but all the patience in the world for the coach who clearly isnt driving towards perfection. Which is of course is unobtainable, but still what a relentless coach strives for. Those who have followed me here know instantly who I am alluding to.

Last edited:
This x1000. If I don't already know a coach is trash before we hire him, I know soon after. Like weeks. Usually before the seasons starts. Been dealing with these fans for a decade plus wanting to just give them a fair shake, they deserve at least 3 years, and every fucking excuse in the book for why this or that is happening. That's not to say it doesn't time time to fix some things depending on the situation. But oddly I find most fans have no patience for the coach who is doing the hard work necessary and getting results, but all the patience in the world for the coach who clearly isnt driving towards perfection. Which is of course is unobtainable, but still what a relentless coach strives for. Those who have followed me here know instantly who I am alluding to.
This remains to me one of the most retarded aspects of Browns fandom. At 1 - 15 how do you bring Jackson back? Then after 0 -16? It took a third year to finally move on that piece of shit?

As I am sure you would agree, winning consistently is not something that can be accomplished overnight. However, missed tackles, dropped passes, voluminous penalties, fumbles, missed kicks, unimaginative/self-deprecating play calls. a QB who consistently misses open receivers or doesn't see them at all? WTF? This is not shit that patience needs to be applied to. If by the 1st quarter of the 1st preseason game, there is not a measurable, visible improvement in all these things, then that HC must be fired.

Patience is for oiling the machine, taking good parameters into the excellent range. Patience is for the fine tuning. Patience is not going to help a fucking guy who has been playing WR all his life to suddenly catch footballs, or a QB who had been passing his whole life to develop accuracy, a quick release and great vision.

For get Hue, asshole ShitMyPantski and Baker Dull-field, look how long Browns fans made excuse for Braylon Edwards. As if mechanics and drills were going to turn him into Jerry Rice. I wonder how long the 9ers had to put up with Rice dropping passes until he came into his own?

Dull-field and ShitMyPantski both should be gone. The moment these assholes embarrassed us losing to the Steelers, they should have been gone.

This remains to me one of the most retarded aspects of Browns fandom. At 1 - 15 how do you bring Jackson back? Then after 0 -16? It took a third year to finally move on that piece of shit?

As I am sure you would agree, winning consistently is not something that can be accomplished overnight. However, missed tackles, dropped passes, voluminous penalties, fumbles, missed kicks, unimaginative/self-deprecating play calls. a QB who consistently misses open receivers or doesn't see them at all? WTF? This is not shit that patience needs to be applied to. If by the 1st quarter of the 1st preseason game, there is not a measurable, visible improvement in all these things, then that HC must be fired.

Patience is for oiling the machine, taking good parameters into the excellent range. Patience is for the fine tuning. Patience is not going to help a fucking guy who has been playing WR all his life to suddenly catch footballs, or a QB who had been passing his whole life to develop accuracy, a quick release and great vision.

For get Hue, asshole ShitMyPantski and Baker Dull-field, look how long Browns fans made excuse for Braylon Edwards. As if mechanics and drills were going to turn him into Jerry Rice. I wonder how long the 9ers had to put up with Rice dropping passes until he came into his own?

Dull-field and ShitMyPantski both should be gone. The moment these assholes embarrassed us losing to the Steelers, they should have been gone.
Unfortunately this is what happens everytime. Every. Single. Time. We have seen it every goddamn time on this board. Patty Cakes Shurmer should have never been hired yet all we heard was how he was a secret WCO Maestro, nevermind we hired him after orchestrating the 25th ranked offense in the NFL. Give him 5 years, minimum they all said. Then Chudd. They wanted Pettine gone from day one but Clueless Hue Jackson they all celebrated. No, you can't fire him after 1-15. You just can't fire a HC after 0-16. You gotta give Hue 5 years at least to figure it out and turn it around.

Now we are onto Stefcuckski. Oh, he just needs to keep learning on the job. Oh, but we went 7-9 and that's better than 4-12(it isn't. A losing season is a losing season) so you can't replace him. It's not his fault WR's are running the wrong routes, that Mayfield isn't seeing wide open WR's, that guys are missing tackles and getting burned on plays. He is only the Head Coach, it isn't his job to get these players prepared and playing at a high level. Just give him 5 more years, just 5 more. He is learning and new to this, he just needs more training is all.

It's all bullshit. But hey, it keeps money rolling into Truckstop Jimmy's bank coffers so there's zero incentive to change.

Unfortunately this is what happens everytime. Every. Single. Time. We have seen it every goddamn time on this board. Patty Cakes Shurmer should have never been hired yet all we heard was how he was a secret WCO Maestro, nevermind we hired him after orchestrating the 25th ranked offense in the NFL. Give him 5 years, minimum they all said. Then Chudd. They wanted Pettine gone from day one but Clueless Hue Jackson they all celebrated. No, you can't fire him after 1-15. You just can't fire a HC after 0-16. You gotta give Hue 5 years at least to figure it out and turn it around.

Now we are onto Stefcuckski. Oh, he just needs to keep learning on the job. Oh, but we went 7-9 and that's better than 4-12(it isn't. A losing season is a losing season) so you can't replace him. It's not his fault WR's are running the wrong routes, that Mayfield isn't seeing wide open WR's, that guys are missing tackles and getting burned on plays. He is only the Head Coach, it isn't his job to get these players prepared and playing at a high level. Just give him 5 more years, just 5 more. He is learning and new to this, he just needs more training is all.

It's all bullshit. But hey, it keeps money rolling into Truckstop Jimmy's bank coffers so there's zero incentive to change.
And those same retards touting the Hue Jackson’s and Pat Shurmers of the world are the same ones sucking KS schlong!

Even in a winning season player movement will happen and we'll lose good players as well as adding some and truly only one team will win.

If I read you right all teams are losers except the one that has won the most current SB?

Last edited:
Even in a winning season player movement will happen and we'll lose good players as well as adding some and truly only one team will win.

If I read you right all teams are losers except the one that has won the most current SB?

No, but what I am saying is that the Browns are so fucking far removed from even being mentioned in the same sentence as the term Super Bowl, 11-5, 7-9, we'll get em' next year has long sense grown old.

There is no dishonor in losing. The dishonor comes in not giving your best effort, in lacking discipline, in not being substantial enough to stop bleeding where it is obvious. The Beckham situation was a 100% total Browns failure. Baker had the unanimous support of the organization, THEN after a shitty season we hear that as the excuse? Fans and the medial loved the idea of Keenum as #2. But the HC basically told the world Keenum was garbage and not worthy to play.

Sorry, but a team who was picked to be a total punching bag beating my team twice and going to the playoffs is far more degrading than finishing 8-9

You are absolutely correct that today's NFL pretty much assures a revolving door of come players. But this season was nasty, man. Players leaving aren't saying good things about the organization, and there are more than a few rumblings from players who absolutely won't come to Cleveland.

I still maintain, Baker Mayfield is a detriment to this team, in more than just his poor play.

I disagree on OBJ being the Browns fault.

OBJ was a pain for the Giants too. As soon as he thought that team was not going to do well, he became a bitch. That's who he is. A great teammate as long as things are going well, but the first mother fucker to bail when things get tough. He's the last guy you would want in your foxhole cause he's gonna run at the first sign of difficulty and you will be fucked. That dishonor belongs solely on OBJ. Not the Browns. He quit on the Browns, his teammates and his alleged best friend Jarvis. That was not the first time either and he did not give his best effort.

Before the Giants faced Carolina, OBJ went public with critical comments about Eli Manning, Pat Shurmur and his teammates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom