• Malik Jackson
• Andrew Billings
• Jordan Elliott
• Tommy Togiai
• Sheldon Day
• Malik McDowell
• Damian Square
• Marvin Wilson

… & Myles & Jadeveon can also bump in ... and AB says the discounted Richardson offer to return remains on the table (albeit, unlikely, imo).

As CBD said, "an embarrassment of riches"

Yah I don't know what they are going to do with all of them. Apparently players aren't going to show up for off-season training and shit thanks to greedy union, so less evaluation time.

If Richardson re signs they probably eject several of them immediately, but barring that I guess they need to see what they have.

I think in this new defense a nose tackle is the one true DT on the line. The other three DLinemen are closer to DE's and Edge rushers to mask where the pressure is coming from. This is not your 1980's 3-4 defense brother. It's a modern day, finessed up and schemed up 4-3, speedy defense. Terminology may not be an indicator of position(s) played. :cool:

And I may not be quite as accurate describing this defense. It's all subject to change without notice...like boot camp.

Full Metal Jacket Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Many people thought the same when the 3-4 defense was introduced years ago.

What is the difference between the 3-4 years ago and this defense years later? I ask because like you I don't like it, but with all the rule changes I get why this defense Woods is running has become more and more popular.

I think it's because years ago defenses were supposed to intimidate with aggression and physical play. Now, mostly due to rules changes, the physical aspect of tackling and hitting offensive players has been litigated out of the game leaving a speed and finesse style defense as a better option to win games.

I don't like it. It's just what the NFL has done secondary to the NFLPA lawsuits with respect to the whole concussion moratorium.

To me a simple clause in every players contract, imposed by the NFL and approved by the NFLPA can solve this issue. How is a MMA fighter able to beat the shit of a guy in a cage match and not have the MMA institution be responsible for injuries!? It's so simple.

They sign a contract that the MMA, or in this case the NFL, institutes a injury/concussion clause. If guys refuse it. GTFO! Move on.

As some of you know I broke my neck playing football. Catching a pass over the middle. I never once second guessed anything surrounding that whole thing. It's football. It's a physical game. Injuries happen. Serious injuries happen. Some of these kids come out of college with injury insurance on themselves before they play a down in the NFL! They already have already acknowledged the risk of what they intend to do. Play football. If they can get insurance on themselves, they will sign off on a concussion clause. If not. BYE! Go work at a job like the rest of us. 9-5 motherfucker! If you suck at your job your boss will tell you to GTFO. Find a different $12.00 an hour job...if your lucky.

Last edited:
This is it for Woods no doubt. All the pieces are in place. We've added LB's, DE's and DB's. All of which he had to have some input on.

Joe Woods. This is your defense. It is up to you to get all of these guys in a position to make plays and dominate.

I don't care if it's a finesse defense or a physical defense. Either way it is on you. Everything is in place to be successful. Do it.
And I have no doubt he will make it happen.

This is it for Woods no doubt. All the pieces are in place. We've added LB's, DE's and DB's. All of which he had to have some input on.

Joe Woods. This is your defense. It is up to you to get all of these guys in a position to make plays and dominate.

I don't care if it's a finesse defense or a physical defense. Either way it is on you. Everything is in place to be successful. Do it.
And I have no doubt he will make it happen.
I;m not sold on Joe Woods no matter how much arttillary you give him...

If we have a top 10 defense we'll likely be in the Conference finals and/or SB.

I don't care how he schemes it up. Whether it's a 3-4, 4-3 or 5-1 is not a concern. Just play great on the defensive side and this team will win.

I think we're good at DT. We got some young guys mixed with veterans and lots of both competing for playing time.

I like Sheldon, but he needs to decide sooner than later if he wants in on this SB run. This train is about to board and leave him behind.

This is the most monstrous thread I've ever seen on a rookie player ...

Again, if you follow me on Twitter, Wilson was another player I 'pounded the table' for going into day 3 of the draft. Wilson was absolutely dominant as a SO & JR at FSU. Then he had issues with the new FSU staff, started a mutiny on the team and things went downhill his SR year. He also dealt with some injuries. But the potential of this kid is sky high.

I'm not a huge fan of trading out Malik for Richardson...I was really looking forward to the Richardson/Billings combo in the middle this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing the profession of Elliott and I think Togia has a bright future...although I don't know that it will be this year.

Overall, it's a solid room.

Top Bottom