The Joe Woods toolbox | Barking Hard

The Joe Woods toolbox

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
If the Browns sign Clowney, and then draft a CB early as many are predicting based on the recent virtual interviews, then Joe Woods would start the year with ...

JJ3 - PFF's 3rd ranked safety. Elite.
Harrison - PFF top 20 safety
Delpit - high 2nd rounder
Ward - probowler
Hill - top slot CB
Greedy - high 2nd rounder
Newsome/Samuel/Horn/Farley -1st round CB

1st overall pick Edge (Myles)
1st overall pick Edge (Jadeveon)
1st round pick & past DROTY (Sheldon)
1st round pick Edge (Takk)
Strongest man in Texas (Billings)
Superbowler (Malik)

Takitaki - 2nd ranked run defending LB, and top 15 PFF LB
Malcom Smith - 7th ranked pass coverage LB, & top 15 PFF LB
Anthony Walker - top 20 tackling LB
Jacob Phillips - rising high-market-share tackler

If the Browns sign Clowney, and then draft a CB early as many are predicting based on the recent virtual interviews, then Joe Woods would start the year with ...

JJ3 - PFF's 3rd ranked safety. Elite.
Harrison - PFF top 20 safety
Delpit - high 2nd rounder
Ward - probowler
Hill - top slot CB
Greedy - high 2nd rounder
Newsome/Samuel/Horn/Farley -1st round CB

1st overall pick Edge (Myles)
1st overall pick Edge (Jadeveon)
1st round pick & past DROTY (Sheldon)
1st round pick Edge (Takk)
Strongest man in Texas (Billings)
Superbowler (Malik)

Takitaki - 2nd ranked run defending LB, and top 15 PFF LB
Malcom Smith - 7th ranked pass coverage LB, & top 15 PFF LB
Anthony Walker - top 20 tackling LB
Jacob Phillips - rising high-market-share tackler
That’s an impressive list.

Where guys were drafted means very little at this point. Right now the only upgrade is JJ3. Delpit is an unknown. Greedy is an unknown and wasn't all that for the few games he played as a rookie. Hill is more or less a wash for TMitch. Malik is basically a wash for Obi. The idea of Clowney in some ways would be a downgrade from Vernon (pre injury). Clowney has 3 sacks over his last 2 seasons, and was cut by TEN after 8 games. I see zero value in signing him unless it is the vet minimum and anything else based on performance kickers

Last edited:
Note on 92.3 the fan this AM Aditi said that Takk has lost his passion for football. And she alluded to Clowney too.

It's great to get these guys who have talent, but if they can't be motivated or are motivated to only play for certain teams they do no good here. We'll see how it all plays out.
I think it's been pretty clear through Clowney career that the drive and then physical talents do not align. He has seemed like a guy who simply wants to get by on the raw physical talents alone. Which would explain why he has never had a double digits sack season

L-A-Z-Y

Not a leader.

Living off his draft status.

Unlike Chubb, Hunt, Higgins, Landry, Johnson and a ton of others currently on this roster.

L-A-Z-Y

Not a leader.

Living off his draft status.

Unlike Chubb, Hunt, Higgins, Landry, Johnson and a ton of others currently on this roster.
I won't go as far calling him lazy. Only because I have no visibility in to what he is like during the week. I also have not seen reports of that knock on him. So for all I know he might just be a bit slow upstairs and that holds him back.

For sure he is living off his draft status, which is why fans see his name and want him signed.

As to being a leader, you are not going to get 53 leaders on a roster. So honestly if he is or is not a leader means very little to me. I don't think CLE is need of leader type to fill their pass rush needs. Now this is me hoping that behind the closed doors Garrett is a leader for the DL and one of the leaders for the D

I won't go as far calling him lazy. Only because I have no visibility in to what he is like during the week. I also have not seen reports of that knock on him. So for all I know he might just be a bit slow upstairs and that holds him back.

For sure he is living off his draft status, which is why fans see his name and want him signed.

As to being a leader, you are not going to get 53 leaders on a roster. So honestly if he is or is not a leader means very little to me. I don't think CLE is need of leader type to fill their pass rush needs. Now this is me hoping that behind the closed doors Garrett is a leader for the DL and one of the leaders for the D
I see Garret busting ass in the gym. I see Chubb busting ass in the gym. I see Garrett talking on the field before the start of games. I see Hunt talking all the time before, during and after games. :LOL:

Anyway if there were an indication of Clowney interacting in a positive way over the course of multiple seasons with any of the last three teams or so he's played on, I'm sure his agent would have posted it seeing as he's been in a contract year for two years in a row. I see nothing.

I see Garret busting ass in the gym. I see Chubb busting ass in the gym. I see Garrett talking on the field before the start of games. I see Hunt talking all the time before, during and after games. :LOL:

Anyway if there were an indication of Clowney interacting in a positive way over the course of multiple seasons with any of the last three teams or so he's played on, I'm sure his agent would have posted it seeing as he's been in a contract year for two years in a row. I see nothing.
For me, seeing guys busting their butts in the gym via social media does very little. But your point is well taken.

There is clearly a reason the market has not been there for Clowney. Part of that is production, or lack there of. HOU moving him seems to have been on of the last smart moves that organization has made

Note on 92.3 the fan this AM Aditi said that Takk has lost his passion for football. And she alluded to Clowney too.

It's great to get these guys who have talent, but if they can't be motivated or are motivated to only play for certain teams they do no good here. We'll see how it all plays out.

If they are not motivated, it’s up to Stefanski to offer a little persuasion to help them get motivated. If they cannot get motivated by the time pre season is over, then it will be obvious. As you mentioned in another post on finding out if a player has “it”, interview him again, and again if necessary. Find out if the player is motivated.

the one question mark I have, Nickers already questioned. Woods........

His production does not match a big payday. His availability doesn't match a big payday either. Ward and Greedy should take note.
For sure. Especially Greedy. Of course as things stand for him, he has a long way to go before even thinking about a big pay day. Ward has his coming, but if I am CLE (as of today) i would not pay him top of the market simply because of availability.

clowney is not the answer for cleveland. we would rather use the draft to get a young hungry DE
who might actually play here for a while.these old timers on 1 years are just a filler with little value
like chinese food..

For sure. Especially Greedy. Of course as things stand for him, he has a long way to go before even thinking about a big pay day. Ward has his coming, but if I am CLE (as of today) i would not pay him top of the market simply because of availability.

I would give Ward a prove it deal that if he completes the season with high production there should be escalaters in place that automatically increases his contract next said year.. I would be ok with that...

clowney is not the answer for cleveland. we would rather use the draft to get a young hungry DE
who might actually play here for a while.these old timers on 1 years are just a filler with little value
like chinese food..
I thought I had you on the ignore list. Oh well. Your opinions are like that old Wuhan food too. If you insist on breaking through that ignore list fire wall, guess I’m gonna have to put you on the woke list. You are hereby cancelled 🖕🏻

for someone who loves freedom so much you sure try and stamp out anybody with different views from your own
and Im the communist? you want everyone on this site to be in lock-step with your views..or cancel them. is that freedom?
breaking through that ignore list fire wall
IGGY ME! please - its not like you are here to talk sports anyway. firewall? you never put me on ignore,Im the only reason you post here.
you love my posts.you cant wait to read them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom