The Josh Gordon Epic Continues | Barking Hard

The Josh Gordon Epic Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shep

Awards
Pettine says the NFL has told the Browns nothing about when Gordon's fate may be known. Mary Kay listed Gordon as her only "stock down" player after mini-camps based on looming suspension, some halfhearted effort noted by Pettine, and apparently a minor injury. Just not a good time for a kid coming off such an amazing season.

Gordon was Tom Heckert's pick and Banner/Lombardi wanted to trade him even while he was playing well last season. Not sure how this brass feels but they didn't pick him either. Do they believe in him as a player and a person, someone who will grown up, get his priorities straight, and be part of what we all hope is a long playoff window?

Gordon's demeanor is the first sign I've really seen that he's in "fuck it" mode, which might suggest he doesn't think he's playing this season. And that would come from Rosenhaus.

Couple weeks ago my guess was 6 games. Now I'm thinking 16. And that kid completely away from any team supervision... I don't know. Might go really poorly.

Was Farmer part of the organization while Heckert was here? I feel bad for the team but how Gordon bounces back from the mess he created will define him not only as a player but as a man. A lot of the guys that say it's just marijuana or marijuana is harmless haven't lost out on a chance at a huge payday because of it either. Chris Carter is proof that guys can turn it around.

Saw the writing on the wall when Banner tried to trade him. He refuses to disassociate himself from his Rasta brother and the other losers who are suckling off of Gordon's teet.

Dummy.

Chris Carter is ONE guy. Many others have faded away never to be heard from... Time will tell. I hope he gets some of the season to play..that may be his saving grace. I agree that a whole year away from the team...he could just totally spiral down..and out. Those of you who pray... Add Josh to your list. Not just because or for the Browns...but for him as a person. He needs help.

We'll just have to wait and see what is dealt him.

Hope he somehow finds a way to stop the smoking regardless if he misses 6 games or 16 games.

Life After Gordon

After thinking about this a little more and about the deep threat we will be missing, in the end it's all about moving the chains and chewing up the clock. We have a couple qb's that by all accounts can throw the football pretty accurately, what's shaping up to be what I think is 1 of the better O-lines in the NFL and what should be a better than average running game. The question then becomes, do we have tight ends, slot recievers and wideouts who can hang on to the football? If the answer is yes then I look forward to making the playoffs. What say you?

I think we have a significant move left if it's a one year suspension. Farmer and Pettine have hinted at it repeatedly, like a trade already structured and ready to trigger. Guess it could be a signing, too, like Santonio Holmes.

I do think one of the best ways to make it irrelevant is to have a Wilson/Kaep like QB, which means Manziel. A guy who can run for 600 yards and drive defenses nutty, turn two sack-and-punts a game into first downs.

Ain't over until it's over. Some good might still come. It's certainly interesting how long it's taking for something to come of it which, in my eyes, means at the very least the case is complicated. We're fucked without him, his shoes are impossible to fill and guys like Santonio Holmes don't even come remotely close to being mentioned in the same breath.

I would say 100% that even if he is out for the year the Browns will stand by him. It might be exactly what he needs. A year without everything, including money, to think about what he is missing out on if he stays on this path. If it is indeed a weed related fail it may open his eyes to exactly what he's missing out on. Besides, can you imagine our heartbreak if he gets suspended for a year, cut, and then comes back to another team and picks up where he left off with as a grown-up, wiser man? That would be devastating.

I just hope he gets himself right, if he does need to, because he's too talented to go down the wrong path. It's ultimately sad.

The reason that the Browns will never cut or trade him is because if he`s suspended for a year, we still have him for 2 seasons since his suspended season wont count against the team. He`s way to talented to trade and since he is still playing on his first rookie contract we have him at a bargain cheap price. Even if he play`s nice till the end of his contract, the Browns can write in stipulations in his next contract that other teams cant because we originally drafted him.
I refer to him as the new LeBron of the N.F.L. only in a football way.

Josh Gordon is only 23 years old. 23! He's got at least 10-12 years left in him. And you only mature with age. If I'm looking at Josh Gordon as a stock to buy, I buy it. This stock has a lot of room to grow and run. Maybe a 1-year suspension is exactly what this kid needs to wake his ass up. In the world of substance abuse, it often takes getting knocked down into some pretty dark places before you realize what your limitations are, and how effective you can be as a person if you isolate your weaknesses and focus on your strengths.

After thinking about this a little more and about the deep threat we will be missing, in the end it's all about moving the chains and chewing up the clock. We have a couple qb's that by all accounts can throw the football pretty accurately, what's shaping up to be what I think is 1 of the better O-lines in the NFL and what should be a better than average running game. The question then becomes, do we have tight ends, slot recievers and wideouts who can hang on to the football? If the answer is yes then I look forward to making the playoffs. What say you?

Pettine has said before they're trying to relieve some of the pressure off the QB. Adding Bitonio, T West, Tate, and the blocking TE, I forget his name.

We'll be running much more and lessen the impact of the QB, thereby lessening the impact of Gordon's suspension.

Josh Gordon is only 23 years old. 23! He's got at least 10-12 years left in him. And you only mature with age. If I'm looking at Josh Gordon as a stock to buy, I buy it. This stock has a lot of room to grow and run. Maybe a 1-year suspension is exactly what this kid needs to wake his ass up. In the world of substance abuse, it often takes getting knocked down into some pretty dark places before you realize what your limitations are, and how effective you can be as a person if you isolate your weaknesses and focus on your strengths.

See...Now I'm one person who believes smoking weed is not substance abuse...this is really one of the dumbest things I ever heard of....This all getting beyond ridiculous. If theyre gonna suspend him. Tell us now and get it over with.. If theres some investigation going on and theres nothing to stick him on.. Then let the kid play...the Gordon Saga has gone beyond ridiculous.

See...Now I'm one person who believes smoking weed is not substance abuse...this is really one of the dumbest things I ever heard of....This all getting beyond ridiculous. If theyre gonna suspend him. Tell us now and get it over with.. If theres some investigation going on and theres nothing to stick him on.. Then let the kid play...the Gordon Saga has gone beyond ridiculous.

I wonder if the NFL is looking to give him every chance they can. Not to say they will give him special treatment but more address every avenue possible for him to prove his case.

Johnny + Josh = lots of money for the NFL.

I do NOT think smoking pot is "substance abuse" unless we're talking about hardcore potheads who are high all day every day. Clearly that hasn't been Josh because he's passed dozens and dozens of tests.

I do think the fact that it's physically safe and doesn't make you wanna beat anybody up for throw things through your TV is ironically part of the problem with weed. Dr. Drew would tell you its relative "safety" and undisputed benefits (pain, nausea, anxiety, etc.) are part and parcel of becoming emotionally dependent on it. And yeah, regular smokers who quit do display "withdrawal," just not the deadly kind like Heroin or pills. They're edgy, anxious, agitated, depressed, etc.

NFL don't want to lose Josh Gordon or spoil Johnny Manziel's show as it make good money and TV coverage for sport. That why they are dithering.

Rumor has it he missed a.test.
And has since submitted a hair sample for testing. Sounds plausible, waiting for results???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom