The Josh Gordon Epic Continues | Page 4 | Barking Hard

The Josh Gordon Epic Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are subject to random testing in addition to scheduled testing.

Are you even reading what you type?

If he had a scheduled drug test, I doubt his agent would have let him leave the country.

Come on! The continued knocks on his character from people who have no idea what is even going on, is getting old and tired. Apparently it's too hard to stay in the judgement-free zone until all of the facts are laid out.

#Merica

Does it matter if the tests are random or not? In addition, does it matter if the NFL is behind regarding their rules pertaining to marijuana? That isn't the only way the NFL is behind. Players who test positive for prescription drugs - such as adderal - are also suspended, fined, and subjected to the intervention program; even if that player has a doctor issued prescription. Unless the player reports that to the team's medical adviser, it counts as a fail.

My thoughts/comments have nothing to do with Gordon being pulled over for speeding and a passenger having drugs. My thoughts/comments are directed at pretty much everything else.

And you're really going to go on a self-righteous rant about not judging someone who has had the issues that Gordon has had? Really? Give me a break.

If Gordon were on the Ravens, Steelers, or Bengals; pretty much every single person on this forum would be chuckling and saying the same things I am.

The fact is, Gordon is a knucklehead who has been putting his social life ahead of his NFL career for a long time:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6866282/baylor-bears-receiver-josh-gordon-leaves-team

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dmits-he-lied-about-failed-drug-test-at-utah/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000348872/article/browns-josh-gordon-faces-potential-suspension

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/263005/browns-wr-josh-gordon-suspended-2-games

Slippery slope there. Couldn't the same be said about Manziel with all the partying? I know alcohol is legal but IMO far worse for a person. In Johnny's case is it celebratory drinking? Or habitual? And is he putting it before football, team and family?
Not even remotely close in nature. What Manziel is doing does not result in suspensions.. it's night and day. I'm not saying drinking is smart..but it's not comparable to Gordon being in the drug program with multiple fails.

Manziel needs cut back alot when camp starts and we have football for rest of the year. I think its startingto get on everyones nerves. Players, coaches, and he needs to show he focusing on winning the job from Hoyer. We need Manziel to wreck the AFC North. Gordon will be here for least half the season and put up 1000+ still lol.

After Grossi's producer at ESPN Cleveland said he senses optimism from the Browns on Gordon, I asked an Insider if they'd heard anything similar. He said the Browns seem to have a pretty good idea of what's happening but it isn't official yet... but he doesn't know what "it" is.

Point being, the Browns lack of a "big move" at WR might suggest that they're getting the vibe that Gordon's suspension won't be nuclear.

After Grossi's producer at ESPN Cleveland said he senses optimism from the Browns on Gordon, I asked an Insider if they'd heard anything similar. He said the Browns seem to have a pretty good idea of what's happening but it isn't official yet... but he doesn't know what "it" is.

Point being, the Browns lack of a "big move" at WR might suggest that they're getting the vibe that Gordon's suspension won't be nuclear.

For the teams and the fans sake, I hope you're right!

Per the rules.. If he really is in stage 3.. which I don't understand how he is..

It's all or nothing... The way the rules read is that there's no room for exceptions.

I think it is taking so long because if he missed a test.. but submitted a hair sample.. He still violated a rule.. but disciplining him goes against the "spirit" of the rule itself.

That's the big hangup I think.. there's no precedent that we know of.

If they let him slide.. it gives pal in the future the ability to use missing a test as a valid excuse. . Even if they hair test negative..

If they discipline him.. they are essentially handing out a serious action to someone who is innocent.

If this were to go to court.. Gordon would win a supreme court ruling..

However.. This is a dictatorship not a democracy

There's always room for exceptions. Goodell has absurd power and players/agents get to appeal based on circumstances. Goodell himself said they take very case individually.

Yes, the fact is Daryl Washington's case was open and shut while Josh Gordon's is clearly more complicated. Greg Little let the cat out of the bag a little by suggesting that Gordon didn't actually fail a drug test but missed one, which has become the prevailing rumor.

And now we have a ton of ELISA or hair test talk, including an article in DBN this morning. If Rosenhaus talked Goodell into considering a hair test and Gordon passed it, they could be negotiating a compromise including where Gordon sits stage-wise.

I've also read that Farmer might know but he's not supposed to tell his coach which is really, really weird and sounds off somehow. But there's a sense that the Browns know more than they're letting on and don't seem to be very panicked. No big trades or anything like that, plus shitcanning Little and Bennett. And many (including me) take that as something of a positive.

And now we have a ton of ELISA or hair test talk, including an article in DBN this morning.

Thanks for the love!

EDIT: In the past few minutes, someone posted something very interesting in response to my article which Shep referred to....

"It's an acceptable appeal, once the NFL adopts this then it becomes precedent so they are taking their time. Look for them to adopt the Elisa test as part of the appeal process, but this may take time as the Union is part of this process."

Last edited:
Per the rules.. If he really is in stage 3.. which I don't understand how he is..

It's all or nothing... The way the rules read is that there's no room for exceptions.

I think it is taking so long because if he missed a test.. but submitted a hair sample.. He still violated a rule.. but disciplining him goes against the "spirit" of the rule itself.

That's the big hangup I think.. there's no precedent that we know of.

If they let him slide.. it gives pal in the future the ability to use missing a test as a valid excuse. . Even if they hair test negative..

If they discipline him.. they are essentially handing out a serious action to someone who is innocent.

If this were to go to court.. Gordon would win a supreme court ruling..

However.. This is a dictatorship not a democracy

I don't really agree with the NFL's policy, but guys that get in trouble during the pre-draft process and even guys who have a colorful history from college can be placed into the substance-abuse program in the NFL.

It's like they're already at stage-1 before they even get into the NFL.

I read all your stuff, linked by twitter. Your articles are excellent, dude.

Thanks for the love!

EDIT: In the past few minutes, someone posted something very interesting in response to my article which Shep referred to....

"It's an acceptable appeal, once the NFL adopts this then it becomes precedent so they are taking their time. Look for them to adopt the Elisa test as part of the appeal process, but this may take time as the Union is part of this process."

I think if you no matter what you do in college. Your NFL career should start at Zero and a fresh start. There is no contract to obey the NFL drug rules in college. Certainly the NCAA has thier own ruled, but i believe each player should be granted amnesty for anything pre-draft and start with a clean slate. I believe what you do in college can follow you the way the rules go at this time. That's just my opinion....but for some reason nobody from the NFL ever calls me for my input :)

I think if you no matter what you do in college. Your NFL career should start at Zero and a fresh start. There is no contract to obey the NFL drug rules in college. Certainly the NCAA has thier own ruled, but i believe each player should be granted amnesty for anything pre-draft and start with a clean slate. I believe what you do in college can follow you the way the rules go at this time. That's just my opinion....but for some reason nobody from the NFL ever calls me for my input :)

I agree that your college stuff shouldn't count against you, but I'm kind of on the fence when it comes to the combine and pre-draft interviews.

On the other hand, the longer it drags out, the more NOT clear-cut it must be.

This just in..

The hearing hasn't even been heard.

They don't even have a date set for it yet..

Why the he'll not? They have heard everyone else's retort and come to a decision?

Why have they delayed it by not even hearing him out.. The longer this continues.. The more it hurts us if they rule the wrong way. Because the suspension is 365 days starting the day the decision is final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom