The Josh Gordon Epic Continues | Page 5 | Barking Hard

The Josh Gordon Epic Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in..

The hearing hasn't even been heard.

They don't even have a date set for it yet..

Why the he'll not? They have heard everyone else's retort and come to a decision?

Why have they delayed it by not even hearing him out.. The longer this continues.. The more it hurts us if they rule the wrong way. Because the suspension is 365 days starting the day the decision is final.

See my earlier posting. If the NFL adopts the use of ELISA testing then it becomes a precedent so they are taking their time. Look for the NFL to adopt the ELISA test as part of this and future appeals processes. The reason why it may take time is the NFLPA is part of this process. It will be a groundbreaking appeal.

its obvious the Browns have been informed and have taken care of their of any needed roster moves needed.

They are prepared for a big move if needed and truthfully it doesn't really matter..

This is obviously a 'different' front office than we are used to.

See my earlier posting. If the NFL adopts the use of ELISA testing then it becomes a precedent so they are taking their time. Look for the NFL to adopt the ELISA test as part of this and future appeals processes. The reason why it may take time is the NFLPA is part of this process. It will be a groundbreaking appeal.

ELISA is a very standard, cheap, effective, simple, well-established test. I would be surprised if the NFL isn't using it already. What may be different in the article you reference is using hair, as blood, saliva, and urine are also commonly used.

The analytes which they would test for might change also, but that wouldn't require much adaptation and, therefore, not much delay in establishing new (different) standards. It would be comparable to substituting milk for water in a recipe.

I did some research for the article and found that the NFL isn't already using ELISA. So there's lots of lawyering going on now.

I did some research for the article and found that the NFL isn't already using ELISA. So there's lots of lawyering going on now.

Ok, you know the other interesting thing is that they don't test players during the season- those that have a clean record. They only test them in the off-season. So when Cromartie made his comment about a lot of players smoking (it was him, right?) he wasn't kidding!

Shows the b.s. of it all when during the season you can have a lot of players lighting up, especially when they start to get injuries.

EDIT- I just read online yesterday that New York is going to pass a marijuana law enabling people to smoke it for medical reasons. I think the ball may be rolling now and there's possible momentum working for Gordon..and us.

Last edited:
Players are tested in the three months prior to the start of the season. The exception are those who in various stages of the NFL's drug protocols.

So Gordon's appeal hasn't been scheduled, but that doesn't change things as much as we think. The league and Gordon (via Rosenhaus) are rumored to be trying to settle it outside of an appeal hearing with a mediator. The reason for that (just backed by one of the insiders) has something to do with Gordon missing a test due to a delayed flight back from Europe.

Basically, it's as muddled as ever and nobody's just sitting around waiting for an appeal to be set. The conversations are (likely) to avoid an appeal hearing.

So Gordon's appeal hasn't been scheduled, but that doesn't change things as much as we think. The league and Gordon (via Rosenhaus) are rumored to be trying to settle it outside of an appeal hearing with a mediator. The reason for that (just backed by one of the insiders) has something to do with Gordon missing a test due to a delayed flight back from Europe.

Basically, it's as muddled as ever and nobody's just sitting around waiting for an appeal to be set. The conversations are (likely) to avoid an appeal hearing.

I tend to agree with you. Except you would think that if Gordon missed a test due to a missed flight, being out of the country, etc. that it is just a matter of verifying the facts. I can't see the league office wanting (or being able) to hold Gordon's feet to the fire when he didn't have the opportunity to take the test. They would be open to a gigantic lawsuit by Gordon if they unjustly suspended him.

Yeah, I suspect the two sides don't see things exactly the same way.

Not that this means anything..

but there were a few VERY DETAILED comments on PFT from random internet users that said very specific things.. it could be all hot air.. but.. they said

Gordon was in Europe.. there was an imprmptut drug test he had to get to..

He quickly went to the airport to leave from Europe....

He booked his flight to get to the test ASAP...

The flight was canceled..

He caught the next available flight..

He showed up to the test 10 hours late..

Passed the Test..

Then took a Hair Test and passed that one.

If this is all true.. I would sue the NFL for Defamation as that is REDICULOUS

Not that this means anything..

but there were a few VERY DETAILED comments on PFT from random internet users that said very specific things.. it could be all hot air.. but.. they said

Gordon was in Europe.. there was an imprmptut drug test he had to get to..

Passed the Test..

If this is all true.. I would sue the NFL for Defamation as that is REDICULOUS

He could also sue them for all the lost wages and potential future earnings (as the next contract could be reduced due to perceived risk factor, loss of possible bonus for being selected for Pro Bowl game, etc.).

I would have already suited Nfl fuck reinstated his contract would be 60 million thats whst I would suit for. Nfl is taking everything to extreme. He should suit about being in stage 3. He was an amateur. He cannot have failed ncaa test held against him when he wasnt even old enough to be allowed be in league. I absolutely hate nfl for letting Irsay get away felonies, ray rice beat wife, numerous sex rape cases go on, Roger Goodell needs fired. The league needs committee of 5 peopld to make decision not one person who lets shit go on. There isnt even anything scheduled for Gordon. He will not be suspended, and I would have already suited NFL for publically reported he failed drug test.

Here's what I'll say (well, for now): Daryl Washington sucked it up so he could be available for reinstatement next early May. He failed a drug test and knew it.

Gordon is obviously NOT being advised (by anybody) to do that. His case at least appears to be in a gray area. The notion that the NFL and Gordon/Rosenhaus/lawyers are trying to come to a compromise before making it an official appeal? Sounds right.

Otherwise, somebody should take responsibility for Gordon missing all OTAs and minicamps next year. They think it's worth it, obviously. I get the sense the team is supportive until is starts meaning he'll miss part of camp next year. That allows for five more weeks.

Passed the Test..

If true it's absolutely asinine that the NFL would allow his name to be dragged through the mud for so long. It is so annoying that they force everyone to be silent about the details, just letting the outcry grow louder and louder, all along knowing the circumstances don't warrant the treatment he's been getting.

I the story of his missed test due to a missed flight is accurate, and did pass any test given to him upon return, then I'm grateful and commend Gordon for doing everything he could to get back in the country.

The speeding incident doesn't look good, but neither Gordon nor little received discipline from the league for those incidents, and players rarely do receive discipline for such actions.

I'm not holding my breath for NO suspension, as the league has proven to be inconsistent with discipline. I want the rumors to be true, but anything more than 2 games would piss me off, and even that would tick me off a bit if he passed his tests. It would mean he hasn't smoked since his suspension, which is a sure sign of maturity (except for the speeding incident, but it's better than his 100+ mph citation he got previously).

I know the steelers don't want to see him in week 1, but just imagine if he receives a fine only, how scary we are going to be to start off the season.

Could be a game of chicken happening right now. League is dangling a late decision over Gordon's head, the danger of not being eligible until next August or something, to get him to agree to a 6-game suspension.

But (and this purely speculation) if Gordon's legal team feels confident they'd win an appeal with a mediator, they may be refusing to blink. The league has a stake in not appearing to treat one player different from the other, or in setting a precedent they aren't sold on.

I'm sure Team Gordon wants the league to admit they fucked up or leaked something that shouldn't have been leaked, too. I think we're headed for a very, very interesting outcome.

If true it's absolutely asinine that the NFL would allow his name to be dragged through the mud for so long. It is so annoying that they force everyone to be silent about the details, just letting the outcry grow louder and louder, all along knowing the circumstances don't warrant the treatment he's been getting.

A-fucking-men! I saw an article entitled "Josh Gordon - the NFL's biggest disappointment" just yesterday. His Instagram has been bombed with furious Browns fans saying some vicious stuff. I've also seen a LOT of people say he should be cut and the Browns part ways with him.

If he's suffered all of that for so little it's absolutely disgusting the NFL wouldn't allow him to be able to explain things and defend himself.

The NFL is dead set fucked.

A-fucking-men! I saw an article entitled "Josh Gordon - the NFL's biggest disappointment" just yesterday. His Instagram has been bombed with furious Browns fans saying some vicious stuff. I've also seen a LOT of people say he should be cut and the Browns part ways with him.

If he's suffered all of that for so little it's absolutely disgusting the NFL wouldn't allow him to be able to explain things and defend himself.

So would a whole lot of "fans" who have tried and convicted him before actually having any clue what actually happened, or didn't.

It's all very clear that the NFL feels Josh Gordon thinks he is bigger than the NFL and Gordon is about to learn a hard lesson that is not bigger than the NFL. It's a tragic story but when has Gordon ever gotten the message? Apparently never. Gordon is simply another in a long line of players who don't grasp the concept of adhering to rules. It wouldn't surprise me if Gordon ends up on a street corner as a bum one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom