The Josh Gordon Epic Continues | Page 6 | Barking Hard

The Josh Gordon Epic Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is...

<LI class=more-tweet-actions>

<LI id=stream-item-tweet-481789351677165568 class="js-stream-item stream-item stream-item expanding-stream-item
" data-item-type="tweet" data-item-id="481789351677165568">
Will Burge ‏<S>@</S>Will_Burge <SMALL class=time>2h</SMALL>
<S>#</S>Browns WR Josh Gordon will receive 8 game suspension, Sources tell me Josh will appeal and the suspension stems from Missed Drug Test.

Burge then posted that it's a fake account...no "underbar" in his username

Are you referring to this?

Will Burge ‏@WillBurge 11m
Hey guys, I didnt report anything on Josh Gordon today, thats a fake account. @Will_Burge is not me

Yep....false alarm..fake report

But, the more I think about this deal the more I think there will be no suspension...provided all the missed test...in Europe..made the effort stuff pans out as true. One has to consider that there has been no official word of a suspension to appeal

It's all very clear that the NFL feels Josh Gordon thinks he is bigger than the NFL and Gordon is about to learn a hard lesson that is not bigger than the NFL. It's a tragic story but when has Gordon ever gotten the message? Apparently never. Gordon is simply another in a long line of players who don't grasp the concept of adhering to rules. It wouldn't surprise me if Gordon ends up on a street corner as a bum one of these days.

Now your just spouting off like a hater,Who really does not know a goddamn thing..Let the system decide. Quit passing judgment when you really do not know whats going on behind the scenes. Give the kid a chance to grow up.. He needs to surround himself with people who can better assist him in choices and direction in life poissibly... But you have no clue. Neither do I,or anyone else about his own personal situation.

Sometimes theres more going on in a persons life than what the perception is publicly. I hope the kid makes it.

Could be a game of chicken happening right now. League is dangling a late decision over Gordon's head, the danger of not being eligible until next August or something, to get him to agree to a 6-game suspension.

But (and this purely speculation) if Gordon's legal team feels confident they'd win an appeal with a mediator, they may be refusing to blink. The league has a stake in not appearing to treat one player different from the other, or in setting a precedent they aren't sold on.

I'm sure Team Gordon wants the league to admit they fucked up or leaked something that shouldn't have been leaked, too. I think we're headed for a very, very interesting outcome.

I don't think the league leaked anything. It's extremely difficult for one side or the other to prove a leak anyway.

I do believe it is a game of chicken in that Goodell looks at it like Gordon screwed up.
Regardless of the circumstances; he screwed up. Gordon is therefore suspended.

I also think the league wants to update it's policy on marijuana as its legal in a few states and players in those states could be high, or in possession but never charged with a crime. I'm pretty sure this loophole is what's saving Gordon from a serious violation and is where the complication begins.

Now your just spouting off like a hater,Who really does not know a goddamn thing..Let the system decide. Quit passing judgment when you really do not know whats going on behind the scenes. Give the kid a chance to grow up.. He needs to surround himself with people who can better assist him in choices and direction in life poissibly... But you have no clue. Neither do I,or anyone else about his own personal situation.

Sometimes theres more going on in a persons life than what the perception is publicly. I hope the kid makes it.

Thats pretty powerful coming from nickers, and I agree. AO is in one of his negative nancy moods.

It's all very clear that the NFL feels Josh Gordon thinks he is bigger than the NFL and Gordon is about to learn a hard lesson that is not bigger than the NFL. It's a tragic story but when has Gordon ever gotten the message? Apparently never. Gordon is simply another in a long line of players who don't grasp the concept of adhering to rules. It wouldn't surprise me if Gordon ends up on a street corner as a bum one of these days.

AO... I know you've been dabbling in the role of the pot stir..er... lately.. but c'mon, you have to admit that you mustve been having a bad morning when you typed this.

If you are in Europe and get called in for a random drug test and your flight gets cancelled.. how is that your fault?

I understand the concept that its his fault he is even in the program, but you gotta give him some slack at some point if he truely has quit the mary jane

The NFL used to illegally hand out painkillers to players, and yet they're going to chase this kid all over the world to test him for THC? :eyeroll:

Thats pretty powerful coming from nickers, and I agree. AO is in one of his negative nancy moods.

AO took a leap to being the board Chicken Little like a month ago. Manziel's a drunk douchebag, Gordon should be executed, everybody we didn't draft is the greatest ever at his position...

Hold on. Is this Rich?!

So the Raiders prefer to keep Greg Little but dump Denarius Moore? That doesn't reassure me....

Denarius Moore's stats: http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14153/denarius-moore

Oakland Raiders Rumors: Denarius Moore Traded to Cleveland Browns if Josh Gordon Suspended? Matt Schaub Praises Andre Holmes, Rod Streater Consistency

By Lauren Moranor
Jun 24, 2014 03:03 PM EDT

If Matt Schaub is going to be successful in quarterbacking the Oakland Raiders he needs the offensive pieces to make it work. The Raiders are hoping the veteran can provide some offensive stability while rookie Derek Carr develops under him. After a round of organized team activities and team minicamps, Schaub is still working on chemistry with the wide receivers.

With the Houston Texans, Schaub had a clear-cut No. 1 wide receiver. He knew that no matter what Andre Johnson was downfield and ready for the ball. Johnson was the team's safety blanket. However, the Raiders do not have that luxury. Their passing offense is a team effort, requiring work from everyone, meaning Schaub must work to develop his timing with every player, something he is trying to adjust to.

"That's what this time of year is all about, especially between quarterbacks, tight ends and receivers," Schaub said, via CSNBayArea.com. "It's all about getting on the same page. It's about understanding route adjustments, what guy is best at a particular type of route and where that player's strengths lie. Can he adjust to the ball in the air? Is this guy good at slants? Is this guy a go-route runner? All those things, as a quarterback, you start to learn about and file away so that, once we get to the fall, it's second nature."

Schaub told media that he has been spending a lot of time watching game film of all the receivers, working to identify their strengths and weaknesses. The top three receivers for the Raiders are returning along with tight end Mychal Rivera. The Raiders also added James Jones and Greg Little to help with veteran depth. The roster grouping is crowded and not overly consistent. Jones and Rod Streater have been reliable in their career, but Denarius Moore and Greg Little are the wild cards of the group.

There is a chance that someone does not see training camp either by release or trade. Moore's name has been floated around in trade talks over recent weeks and if presented with an opportunity, general manager Reggie McKenzie will pull the trigger on a deal. Right now, the Cleveland Browns are the primary target as they await the future of Josh Gordon. The New York Jets could also be very interested.

For now, Schaub is focused on the group in front of him. He notes that he truly does not have a wide receiver that he prefers over the others. He simply says that the receiver that proves consistent will get the most passes his way.

"I don't know if I can necessarily single one out because I'd be doing the other guys an injustice," Schaub said. "It's the entire group. I've been so impressed with the six, seven, eight guys so, really, it's gonna make a great competition throughout training camp. They're all pushing each other and competing at such a high level that no matter who's in the huddle, we just go out and play. We don't skip a beat no matter what core is in the group."

###

Rumors about Moore and the Browns have been ongoing. In my opinion, he's been a better player than Greg Little by a decent margin and brings speed to the table for sure. But while Little may have wore out his welcome in Cleveland, he has a lot to get excited about (size, strength, 42" vert, etc.).

The tiebreaker is that the Browns aren't going to trade for Greg Little (!). They just cut him. But they'd probably offer a 5th round pick for Denarius Moore.

I'd be in favor. He's been an "on the brink" guy a couple times in his career, got hurt once, struggled with inconsistency last year. If we traded for him, he'd be a "lock" guy like Andrew Hawkins. Assuming health, and that seems to be the case, same is true of Nate Burleson. Add Miles Austin to that group if the hammy is well (and he says it's never been better).

That leaves one game day spot fought over by Charles Johnson, Chandler Jones, Willie Snead, Paul Krause... am I missing anybody?

I'm assuming Gordon is suspended for at least a little while. But a game day group of Moore, Hawkins, Burleson, Austin, and Charles Johnson wouldn't be too bad. Especially with Cameron at TE.

AO... I know you've been dabbling in the role of the pot stir..er... lately.. but c'mon, you have to admit that you mustve been having a bad morning when you typed this.

If you are in Europe and get called in for a random drug test and your flight gets cancelled.. how is that your fault?

I understand the concept that its his fault he is even in the program, but you gotta give him some slack at some point if he truely has quit the mary jane

I'm sorry, I deal with the real world, not a fantasy world of positive occurences that never seems to come true for Browns fans who fantasize about it. The bottom line is that we don't not know the circumstances of what happened. And to chastize those who don't support a more "hopeful" and "positive" view of things is absurd.

Even if this missing a drug test because he was in Europe is true, which I doubt, given how irrresponsible Gordon is, it's not improbable that Gordon was smoking pot in Europe and somehow fabricated his way into a scenario where it was convenient to miss a flight to return because he knew he would test positive.

Do not, under any circumstances, underestimate the deviousness of malcontents like Josh Gordon. We've seen all this play out before many times in professional sports and in other aspects of real life, for that matter.

Rumors about Moore and the Browns have been ongoing. In my opinion, he's been a better player than Greg Little by a decent margin and brings speed to the table for sure. But while Little may have wore out his welcome in Cleveland, he has a lot to get excited about (size, strength, 42" vert, etc.).

The tiebreaker is that the Browns aren't going to trade for Greg Little (!). They just cut him. But they'd probably offer a 5th round pick for Denarius Moore.

I'd be in favor. He's been an "on the brink" guy a couple times in his career, got hurt once, struggled with inconsistency last year. If we traded for him, he'd be a "lock" guy like Andrew Hawkins. Assuming health, and that seems to be the case, same is true of Nate Burleson. Add Miles Austin to that group if the hammy is well (and he says it's never been better).

That leaves one game day spot fought over by Charles Johnson, Chandler Jones, Willie Snead, Paul Krause... am I missing anybody?

I'm assuming Gordon is suspended for at least a little while. But a game day group of Moore, Hawkins, Burleson, Austin, and Charles Johnson wouldn't be too bad. Especially with Cameron at TE.

Greg Little was rated 111 of 111 wide receivers in pro football in 2013. To say this Moore guy is better than Greg Little is to say your car is better than a yugo and imply you have a good car!

If Moore was any good, the Raiders would not trade him. Period.

The Bronws in are a disaster waiting to happen at wide receiver. I pity our quarterbacks.

Wah-wah-wa-a-a-ah.

Every summer in Browns land we see the fantasizers attack the realists. We see all these people announce their 12-4 predictions for the Browns and so and so player like Greg Little will have a breakout year and it rarely happens. And we never see them apologize to the realists who predict 5-11 or 6-10 and are right on target about the team.

It's wonderful to be optimistic. The Browns have, overall, their best roster since the 1990s and what I believe is a good coaching staff.

But the situation is like this: in the draft we went out and fortified the front wall of the fort that was already decent (our defense), added a couple of new cannons (Manziel and Shaw), but totally ignored the opportunity to add powerful new and reliable cannon shells we could fire at the enemy well downfield from the fort and break their ability to attack us and beat us.

Instead, we add a couple of cannon shells that have limited range and have proven unreliable in the past.

Not a good situation to be in to put so much pressure on the fort defense ... again!

Last edited:
Browns are a pleasant surprise waiting to happen at wide receiver.

Dude, how do you get out of bed in the morning??

Last edited:
Browns are a pleasant surprise waiting to happen at wide receiver.

Dude, how do you get out of bed in the morning??

Didn't more than few Browns fans say that last summer about Bess and Little?

And how many people on this board told us they were high on Earl Bennett who has already been released.

Yep, it's Realist vs. Fantasizer time. Break out the beer! Believe me, I hope the fantasizers are right and I'm wrong! I'm tired of losing Browns teams!

Last edited:
This is best group weve had since early 90s. Especially if you consider Cameron probowl TE in the group. We have to find way keep Austin healthy not overuse him, and dont overwork him in practice. Hes good, he dont need a shit ton of reps as long as he can go on Sundays thats all I care about. Keep his snap counts on lower ends. Bring him in on passing situations and in 4th quarters if we are behind. We need use Benjamin on end arounds and screens, hawkins too. Gordon will be back bye bye week if he is even suspended. Tiredmhearing about that. Our oline be better and no more 7 step drops with slow qbs and slo2 developing norv turner plays. Weeden and Campbell cant make decisions quick enough. Bess and Little are gone. They were both in top 5 in drops per attempt. We can sign Holmes to 2 year deal, but we have Johnson and Krause/snead. Snead has dropped few balls in ota so I rather he not make team. I dont wanna have guys dropping balls on 3rd down killing drives. We could make a trade we have ammunition if right opportunity presenrs itself. Moore for 6th or 5th id be ok with as last resort, but id rather get Andre johnson or Jimmy Graham. Not giving 2 1sts for Jimmy but Cameron will want high money and we have to resign him. we have best rb depth and talent since before we moved to Baltimore. But one realllll difference is our qb we have and Kyle Shanahan. I hope Shanahan never leaves. He is one of if not best OC in this league. His offense is fit for todays league not what it was 10 years ago. Pettine defense is going be amazing. He says this group is better than Buffalos. He just raves about it. The positive changes we have made since last season anything short of playoffs is major disappointment. We are going to run the ball and playaction cant cover gordon cameron and still cover hawkins austin burelson benjamin johnson. I can see dion lewis catching balls out of backfield. Hopefully West is good as advertised and can catch balls on screens too. Manziel if he comes in will completely open everything up. Hoyer offense will be steady and effiecient, Manziel can do it on his own and defenders will leave their assignments to get Johnny and leave deep balls open that he can throwmon run 50 yard bombs no problem. Kid has a cannon.Quit bitching and see that we have upgraded. Anthony Armstrong has looked good. If he doing it against our secondary I know he will against steelers and ravens. Our schedule is top 5 easiest in league. Its a cake walk for most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom