The Pen: Championships, Final Rounds & Rankings | Barking Hard

The Pen: Championships, Final Rounds & Rankings

Flugel

Awards
The Pen: Championships, Final Rounds & Rankings:
Tis the season for BCS. Therefore, we bring you the real BCS: Barkinghard Championship Series. The WV Hoopies are the Champions of Woof Pack I and Waiting for Noodles are the Champions of Woof Pack II. Here's a timeless classic to commemorate their accomplishments:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04854XqcfCY&feature=related[/ame]

Please note: the final rankings are done by Yahoo which counts post season results above final records(winning percentages).

WOOF PACK I CHAMPIONS - WV HOOPIES

lombardi_trophy-11684.jpg

Championship:
WV Hoopies 101 Jax Pumpkin Heads 94
Arian Foster and Danny Woodhead provided a championship lunge for the Hoopies with 23 and 21 points, respectively. Drew Brees added 19 points and the Packers defense contributed 15 more to make the difference. The Jax Pumpkin Heads competed like they always do to the very end with 5 guys scoring in double digits. Owen Daniels, Matt Schaub and Brandon Lloyd provided 21 points apiece. The Pumpkin Heads finished ranked #2 overall with a 10-6 record they should be very proud of. In the end, the steady excellence of those WV Hoopies earned them the honor and the right to be called Champions. Well done and CONRATULATIONS!

Bronze Medal Game:
Drink Beer 116 Comets 91
Brandon Marshall's 25 points plus the 22 points offered up by LeGarrette Blount helped Drink Beer close the year on a winning note. The win earned Drink Beer a #3 overall ranking with a 12-4 record after finishing the regular season in 1st place. They really enjoyed their season in a very competitive league. Greg Jennings scored 26 points and Rob Gronkowski added 21 point for the Comets to make it a close game. The Comets finished 9-7 and ranked 4th overall; but nobody should forget the Comets closed the regular season with 4 consecutive wins to make the playoffs.

Consolation:
Champsionship: Cleveland Crennels 115 Port City Blazers 102
Leading scorers for the Crennels were Miles Austin with 26 points, Michael Vick and Adiran Peterson with 22 points apiece, Santana Moss 13, Heath Miller 12. The win gave the Crennels a 10-6 final record and a 5th overall ranking. Eli Manning and Zach Miller led the Port City Blazers with 22 and 21 points to make this a very close game. The loss dropped the Port City Blazers to a 9-7 record and a 6th overall ranking.

Bronze Medal Game: Hammertime 109 FBrulz 108
Leading scorers for Hammertime: Matt Forte 31 points, Mike Wallace 25 points, Peyton Manning 23 points. The win enabled Hammertime to finish the year with a 9-7 record and ranked 7th overall. Ben Roethlisberger scored 27 points and FBrulz had 5 other starters in double digits to make this game too close for comfort. In the end, FBrulz lost and dropped to a 6-10 record and 8th overall ranking.

Final Rankings:
WV Hoopies 10-6
Jax Pumpkin Heads 10-6
Drink Beer 12-4
Comets 9-7
Cleveland Crennels 10-6
Port City Blazers 9-7
Hammertime 9-7
FBrulz 6-10
Brady Backers 5-9
Thaaktown 5-9
Team DangeRuss 4-10
BrownOut 3-11

WOOF PACK II CHAMPIONS - WAITING FOR NOODLES

lombardi_trophy-11684.jpg

Championship:
Waiting for Noodles 96 Dirty Dawgs 80
Waiting for Noodles had 5 starters that scored over 10 points. Tom Brady led all scoring with 24 points. Jason Witten added 18 points and Derrick Mason contributed 15 points to help Waiting for Noodles finish as Champions. The Dirty Dawgs received 29 points from Michael Crabtree and 19 points from the Pittsburgh Defense; but they started Kevin Kolb and Frank Gore who didn't play. All that said, the Dirty Dawgs surprised everyone and finished with a #2 overall ranking with a 9-7 record. Waiting for Noodles never waivered in their approach of waiting for anybody all season. They set the tones, won a Championship and finished with a 12-4 record overall. CONRATULATIONS Waiting for Noodles!

Bronze Medal Game:
WachuTlknBoutHillis 112 Golfer704u 73
The New England Defense scored 25 points and Peyton Manning added 23 points to lead WachuTlknBoutHillis to victory over Golfer704u. The victory enabled WachuTlknBoutHillis to finish with a 9-7 record earning them a 3rd overall ranking after making alot of great roster moves. Golfer704u received 19 points from Mike Williams without much collateral help to finish the year ranked 4th overall after finishing the regular season in 1st place. Their final record was 11-5 so it was still a great season.

Consolation:
Championship: WarrenDawg 123 Practice Squad 68
Warren Dawg's scoring leaders: Matt Forte 31 points, Brandon Marshall 25 points, Michael Vick and LeGarrette Blounts 22 points apiece. Meanwhile Practice Squad received 17 points from Brandon Pettigrew in a losing effort. Warren Dawg finished 9-7, which earned them a 5th overall ranking. Practice Squad dropped to 8-8 and finished the year ranked 6th.

Bronze Medal Game: BIG Dawgs 135 Bulldogs 78
Leading scorers for BIG Dawgs: Miles Austin 26 points, Vikings Defense 25 points, Eli Manning 22 points, Mike Thomas 21 points. Jamaal Charles led the Bulldogs with 27 points in spite of their loss. The BIG Dawgs finished with an 8-8 record, which ranked them 7th overall. The Bulldogs fell to 7-9 and finished ranked 8th overall.

Final Rankings:
Waiting for Noodles 12-4
Dirty Dawgs 9-7
WachuTlknBoutHillis 9-7
Golfer704u 11-5
Warren Dawg 9-7
Practice Squad 8-8
BIG Dawgs 8-8
Bulldogs 7-9
Ramrods 6-8
Berniethekid 6-8
SMWHROVRDWAYNEBOWE 5-9
RPrepublic 2-12

- Dawg Warden

Last edited:
It goes to show that it's not only how good you are but how lucky also. Congrats to the Pumkin Heads who came one wide receiver pick from taking it away from me !

Special thanks to Flugs for the awesome weekly run downs this season !!!

Thanks again Tom for a great FF season and your great weekly recaps. Hope you can do it again next year!

Congrats to the Pumkin Heads who came one wide receiver pick from taking it away from me !!!

Not only did I go with the wrong WR in the Vikings game but Mike Tolbert, the RB for SD who has scored a TD in something like 9 or 10 straight games and has been outstanding for me all year gets knocked out on one of his first carries of the game vs the Bengals, fumbles the ball and finishes the championship week for me at (-2) points!

Congrats again WV, it's not often the underdog #4 seed knocks off two higher seeded teams to win the championship.

Great season. I am somewhat satisfied with 3rd place after just a few weeks ago not even believing that I'd even make the playoffs.

I'm happy to have beat Golfer twice and this year, and am only disappointed that I a) did NOT beat RamRods and b) did NOT win the Championship.

But oh well.

Fantastic season all involved. Hopefully we'll all be in the same league next season.

Wait a minute...... That team of yours actually made the playoffs? My god fantasy football sucks. You had a terrible team and scored negative points for the season.

Still luv ya guy and thanks for the season. Ramrodmunchers or whatever you call yourself nowadays.

Congrats to whoever won the league, Im a comin next year.

Wait a minute...... That team of yours actually made the playoffs? My god fantasy football sucks. You had a terrible team and scored negative points for the season.

Still luv ya guy and thanks for the season. Ramrodmunchers or whatever you call yourself nowadays.

Congrats to whoever won the league, Im a comin next year.

We'll put you on the 5 year "Browns" plan. Maybe in a few years you'll compete.

:D

Top Bottom