The Pen: Post Season Summaries | Barking Hard

The Pen: Post Season Summaries

Flugel

Awards
The Pen: Post Season Summaries:

How about this for entertainment? Both #1 seeds lost to #4 seeds. The message of last week's standings and summaries was that consistency rewarded BOTH the WV Hoopies and the Dirty Dawgs to qualify for the playoffs. BOTH of those teams stayed true to character and defeated #1 seeds. Unlike the NFL playoffs, we give anyone that lost in the first round of the post season a chance to win in the last week. We have bronze medal games in both brackets of both Woof Packs. We recommend forgetting the brief disappointment and heartbreak for the chance to close on a good note. Meanwhile some well deserved Congrats goes out to the Jax Pumpkin Heads, WV Hoopies, Dirty Dawgs and Waiting for Noodles for making it to the Championship Games. Y'all deserve to be there or you wouldn't be. It's that simple! To those winning our consolations rounds - we're glad you're having fun. 1 week left and we hope you win in the end!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zacWWrlBZ0Y&feature=related[/ame]

WOOF PACK I:

Playoffs:
WV Hoopies 110 Drink Beer 93
Drew Brees led 5 starters sporting double digit points with 26 to defeat the #1 seeded Drink Beer Team and earn the right to play in the Championship Game this week. When Drink Beer noticed they had alot more points on their bench than in their starting lineup like Brandon Marshall's 30 points - they realized Happy Hour ended a week ago. Philip Rivers and Ryan Torain tried to keep them thinking about 2 for 1 specials with 28 and 20 points, respectively. However, that wasn't good enough to upend the Championship ambitions of those WV Hoopies. The WV Hoopies will face a battle tested Jax Pumpkin Heads franchise for the right to be called Champions this week. Don't miss it!

Jax Pumpkin Heads 140 Comets 91
The Jax Pumpkin Heads learned that a shooting star like Ray Rice with 45 points trumps any/all Comets when it comes to earning the right to play in a Championship Game. Matt Schaub Schaub's 28 points and Steven Jackson's 20 points were also hefty contributions for the Pumpkin Heads. The Comets did get 22 points from Matt Ryan and 21 from Darren McFadden; but they fell short on making it to the biggest game. That said, they'll get the right to end the year on a good note if they can defeat Drink Beer in the Bronze Medal Game.

Championship:
Jax Pumpkin Heads vrs WV Hoopies

Bronze Medal Game:
Comets vrs Drink Beer

Consolation:
Cleveland Crennels 126 FBrulz 77
Michael Vick's 49 points helped steer the Cleveland Crennels to victory over FBrulz. The win gives Dead Wombat's Cleveland Crennels the opportunity to face Inspecta's Port City Blazers in the Championship game of the Consolation round this week. Jeremy Maclin led FBrulz with 22 points. FBrulz will face Hammertime this week to try to close their season on a winning note.

Port City Blazers 150 Hammertime 108
Eli Manning's 33 points spearheaded the Port City Blazers to victory and the chance to win the consolation round this week. Hammertime was led by Mike Wallace's 22 points. They will also try to end the season on a winning note this week so stay tuned.

Consolation:
Champsionship: Cleveland Crennels vrs Port City Blazers
Bronze Medal Game: Hammertime vrs FBrulz

WOOF PACK II:

Playoffs:
Dirty Dawgs 97 Golfer704u 95
Elton John isn't the only one happy enough to sing, "I'm Still Standing." Those Dirty Dawgs won another one that nobody saw them winning behind Calvin Johnson's 30 points while Larry Fitzgeral and Cedric "The Entertainer" Benson scored 26 apiece. They won starting Kevin Kolb in spite of his absence from the Philly starting lineup just like they always do. This time they also started Frank Gore who is on injured reserve. We're trying to figure out who is the Defensive Coordinator for those pesky Dirty Dawgs because that guy is a stud! Golfer704u collected 28 points from Philip Rivers and 21 points from Mike Williams to make this game a nail biting finish. They'll be looking forward to trying to close on a good note when they take on WachuTlknBoutHillis this week in the Bronze Medal Game.

Waiting for Noodles 138 WachuTlknBoutHillis 102
Jason Witten scored 35, Kenny Britt added 23 and Darren McFadden chipped in 21 to lead Waiting for Noodles to victory and the right to play in the Championship. WachuTlknBoutHillis received 21 points from Peyton Manning and 20 points from the New England Defense to keep this game competitive. WachuTlkBoutHillis will continue to do what they've done all season and bring it to the very last whistle this coming week in the Bronze Medal Game. It's what they do and who they are! We've brought it up countless times this year that Waiting for Noodles doesn't wait for anybody. To beat them, you gotta come out swinging, land some clubs right between the lookers and keep the A game going to the very last play. Not that this author speaks from experience - just thinking of something that was rarely done.

Championship:
Waiting for Noodles vrs Dirty Dawgs

Bronze Medal Game:
Golfer704u vrs WachuTlknBoutHillis

Consolation:
Practice Squad 139 Big Dawgs 128
Practice Squad defeated the BIG Dawgs as Ray Rice led 6 different players in double digit figures with 45 points. Eli Manning led the BIG Dawgs with 33 points while Santana Moss added 27 more to make this high scoring game too close for comfort. Practice Squad will face WarrenDawg next week in the consolation rounds version of a championship while BIG Dawgs get to meet the Bulldogs and their cute little mascot UGA in the Bronze Medal version of consolation.

WarrenDawg 142 Bulldogs 115
Michael Vick score d49 points and Brandon Marshall added 30 points to lead Warrendawg past the Bulldogs. The Bulldogs received 28 points from Jamall Charles but it wasn't enough to keep WarrenDawg out of the Consolation Championship this coming week. As mentioned above, the Bulldogs will face the BIG Dawgs this week.

Consolation:
Championship: Practice Squad vrs WarrenDawg
Bronze Medal Game: BIG Dawgs vrs Bulldogs

Good luck!!!

Have a Merry Christmas folks!

- Dawg Warden

Last edited:
I can't believe I lost to a guy who started two players who didn't even play.

It figures McCoy and Jones-Drew decided to take my playoff week off even when their offenses were scoring lots of points.

No excuses though. I picked the players on my team based on the idea that their teams would still be fighting for playoff spots ect at the end of the season. I was right, and lost. Oh well there's always next year.

AS for you DaBrowns! Good Luck!

I can't believe I lost to a guy who started two players who didn't even play.

It figures McCoy and Jones-Drew decided to take my playoff week off even when their offenses were scoring lots of points.

No excuses though. I picked the players on my team based on the idea that their teams would still be fighting for playoff spots ect at the end of the season. I was right, and lost. Oh well there's always next year.

AS for you DaBrowns! Good Luck!

Yeah, I don't know why your RB's just decided to take a dump on you. But oh well.

We break the tie this week!

Flugs,

Thanks again for doing all this. I've had a great time with it (found my competitive spirit! LOL) and look forward to next year and maybe a better draft.

Flugs,

Thanks again for doing all this. I've had a great time with it (found my competitive spirit! LOL) and look forward to next year and maybe a better draft.

Thanks Hiwaygal! I had a blast doing it. I'm really glad you had fun with it all. For it being the first time you ever participated in fantasy football - you did extremely well.

- Tom F.

Thanks Hiwaygal! I had a blast doing it. I'm really glad you had fun with it all. For it being the first time you ever participated in fantasy football - you did extremely well.

- Tom F.

Hey, she finished better than Ramrods (although very few didn't), so she's A Okay in my book.

Lol.

Top Bottom