The Safeties | Page 15 | Barking Hard

The Safeties

cool
so who has played worse?
please dont say Joseph hes been playing hurt most the year
TBF the secondary could really use the help of a more competitive DE tag team partner for MG

lets not forget last year we were top 10 vs the pass
thats including the loss of MG
that was the 1st year since 2014 we were top ten vs the pass
as it stands today only the falcons and seahawks are worse than us vs the pass
Hurt doesn't take one out of the equation of playing worse. So yes Joseph. You can say any LB CLE has had on the field in passing situations.

I'd fully agree the secondary sure could use some pass rush. Cause if miles ain't getting to the QB no one really is.

What the CLE D was last year doesn't mean anything this year. You have a new DC, new safeties, and a new LB group. Sure last year's team was in the top 10 for passing yards allowed. They were also 30th in rush yards allowed. They were 28th in the number of rushing attempts per game against them. Most of their games they were down by double digits in the 3rd quarter. Which is why they were 30th in pass attempts against them. Teams were not passing all over them for 4 quarters. By mid 3rd quarter most weeks the opposing team was already able to go in to ball control mode and just run the ball/clock. So yeah, they didn't give up a lot of passing yards last year because teams got all they need to win after 2 1/2 quarters.

They were generally an overall bad defense last year. This year they still look like a generally overall bad defense. The difference this year is they have been able to defend the run. But in the passing game it's the same weakness of up the middle.

Last edited:
eastside? doubling down?
he might improve suddenly too.still doesn't change how he has played so far.
his problem seems purely positional not technique or athleticism
clearly you have made up your mind
have at it.

for a FS-
ALWAYS keep the play in front of you
NEVER let the OFF turn you around
If the FS is chasing a ball carrier from behind? its over.
was the WIDE WIDE OPEN TD from lamb his pickup?
yeah even a housewife can see that

so when your FS has poor positional awareness?
a good QB (with good pass pr.) will feast on your still beating heart
I wouldn’t concern myself with what esd says. His opinion matters not. Now coach Woods on the other hand may ought to be who’s opine you pay attention to 😏

23's their boy from the vikings (like woods)
so this is personal-they love 23
much like the dallas DC another inter franchise loyalty deal
its not smart football to play a guy because you know him

I wouldn’t concern myself with what esd says. His opinion matters not. Now coach Woods on the other hand may ought to be who’s opine you pay attention to 😏
Only of you could get his honest opinion, and which is highly unlikely to come on a press conference or any other public speaking as long as he is coaching

well 23 played at Minnesota with these coaches for years and Im sure they trust and like him
when asked kev said "he calls the D" well,you made him the D playcaller because ^^
so hes unreplaceable because he calls the D snaps? he communicates?
the coaches have experiences and successes with him that we do not share
because his play on the field is terrible and its obviously terrible.
he is holding a spot a younger more able player could take
the FS position is vital and unique in todays NFL

tomlin and his staff right now are laying down a gameplan around exposing and isolating sendejo in the post
the last game woods was using cover2 and using the SS and FS as 2 deep
that shallow cover 1? is dangerous AF.woods likes that setup - look for it
when you see the FS alone about 15 yards back from scrimmage and other DB's in man? (on the line) lookout!
the steelers will run fly routes and burn us deep
I do not like that shallow cover1 at all.

Last edited:
The thing we don't know is how quickly these new guys catch on to this defense. Some of these guys are good players, but might not be ready to play in this system just yet. We know Sendejo has this defense down and I'm guessing that's why he's playing as much as he is. I think he was supposed to be a rotational guy with Delpit and Joseph as the starters. He was supposed to provide leadership and veteran experience to the new guys, but Delpit got hurt and Joseph is looking more and more like a bust.

Harrison and Redwine seem to be playing decent together so let's roll with that. And I did see Moffett out there on ST's. Warming him up and getting him used to the speed of the NFL game I hope.

OMFG Les Levine has aged 50 years in the last 5. Sad. :(

Grandpa Simpson Boomer GIF by moodman

The thing we don't know is how quickly these new guys catch on to this defense. Some of these guys are good players, but might not be ready to play in this system just yet. We know Sendejo has this defense down and I'm guessing that's why he's playing as much as he is. I think he was supposed to be a rotational guy with Delpit and Joseph as the starters. He was supposed to provide leadership and veteran experience to the new guys, but Delpit got hurt and Joseph is looking more and more like a bust.

Harrison and Redwine seem to be playing decent together so let's roll with that. And I did see Moffett out there on ST's. Warming him up and getting him used to the speed of the NFL game I hope.
yeah lets stick with these guys goddammit
fu&k the old vikings loyalties.what about loyalty to the browns? wine has been waiting for his opportunity
all these vikings here..gives me the creeps
I mean If the browns facility was a human body?lets just say If too many of those ex-vikings got together
they would be attacked by our immunity.
f^ck case kenuum,sendejo and maybe woods lets see.this is cleveland not the mofo twin cities
you're loyalty is HERE now.enough.

yeah lets stick with these guys goddammit
fu&k the old vikings loyalties.what about loyalty to the browns? wine has been waiting for his opportunity
all these vikings here..gives me the creeps
I mean If the browns facility was a human body?lets just say If too many of those ex-vikings got together
they would be attacked by our immunity.
f^ck case kenuum,sendejo and maybe woods lets see.this is cleveland not the mofo twin cities
you're loyalty is HERE now.enough.
Huh? None of the folks you rattled off have shown loyalty to the Vikings. They have shown loyalty to people they have worked with, relationships with, and therefore a base of them being of similar thinking. Pretty much the same as any department within a business. The vet player is there to show the younger guys what is expected, and impart their knowledge of the system to the young guys. The expectations from personnel folks to coaching staff is going to be that at some point the young players understand the system to the point where the combo of their ability and understanding over takes the vets combo of experience and understanding. Just another day in the life of 32 NFL teams, as this same thing plays out on every team at some position.

why is 23 still on the field over redwine then?
because (and everybody on earth agrees) he doesn't play FS well at all
system? come on. its simple stuff.redwine is from a pro program.he is ready
he can never be an NFL player/starter without gametime
I dunno it looks like favouritism to me.

They have shown loyalty to people they have worked with
how about lets show loyalty to people that have worked their ass of for this team and this city instead of that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom