The State of the Cavs | Page 5 | Barking Hard

The State of the Cavs

Best game since LBJ left. This is what happens when owners play GM. Dan is from michigan and we get the best left overs michigan has to offer.

:huh:

hip hip

Coach rode Love,TT,Larry,Porter & Garland nearly all the 4th & overtime. They played D
Beilein gone.the hate was real ? Sexy with pom poms

They are balling tonight

Impressive! Back to back wins against quality opponents.

Damn I was at the game earlier in the year where the Sixers spanked us. What a difference possibly without the crybaby at the helm :hugegrin:

Effort

Playing like they really Care. typical season ticket holder asking .. Where has this hustle been ?
24 games to go. can they win 12 ?

Like in that pretty awesome "just okay" commercial: It's happening... !

Sexton was just spectacular. Those three kids on Brown's "house money," getting all year with no pressure to work their shit out... just perfect.

Then Deni or Obi AND Windler for the wing... and I don't know if I do much else.

4/5 - Love, Drummond, Nance
1/2 - Sexton, KPJ, Garland
W - Deni/Obi, Windler, Cedi

I do not hate it.

Collin Sexton, the Mitchell Schwartz of basketball. He's already a star but now fans have to catch up to it. Like 23.5 this calendar year, hitting from everywhere, becoming a "you can't guard him" kind of player, gets to the hoop on anybody.

I've had him slated as a Sweet Lou Williams soon, off the bench at 18.0 a game... but he's becoming more than that, I think. I'm not sure you really want him off the court much, it's tough to find guys who can score the ball like he can.

And Nance is becoming a serious problem now that he can hit 3s. He's so versatile, like a way more athletic Draymond Green. Watching last night, tough to not include him in that core: Sexton, Nance, KPJ, Garland, Drummond. Hopefully Windler becomes part of it, then the high lottery pick.

I can't decide if Love makes perfect sense so the team can play meaningful games next year, get in there for a 6 to 8 seed... or move him, one more go-round on asset acquisition since everybody's so damn young.

And it still feels like Deni or Obi to me. Best fits with what we have.

ADDENDUM: I wouldn't trade Sexton and Nance for Kryie Irving and that feels so good to say. He's injured too often and the Nets seem to be as good or better without him. Sexton and Nance could be Cavs together for the next 5 to 7 years.

Collin Sexton

It doesn't bother you he doesn't get many assists ?
as much as he has the ball. and ignores his teammates.

Now he has the green light to do whatever he wants. all he seems to want is shoot all the time.

I see the Lou Williams in him too. yet it wasn't till the past 3 years of 16 that he's played team basketball. cough Doc Rivers

Collin Sexton, the Mitchell Schwartz of basketball. He's already a star but now fans have to catch up to it. Like 23.5 this calendar year, hitting from everywhere, becoming a "you can't guard him" kind of player, gets to the hoop on anybody.

I've had him slated as a Sweet Lou Williams soon, off the bench at 18.0 a game... but he's becoming more than that, I think. I'm not sure you really want him off the court much, it's tough to find guys who can score the ball like he can.

And Nance is becoming a serious problem now that he can hit 3s. He's so versatile, like a way more athletic Draymond Green. Watching last night, tough to not include him in that core: Sexton, Nance, KPJ, Garland, Drummond. Hopefully Windler becomes part of it, then the high lottery pick.

I can't decide if Love makes perfect sense so the team can play meaningful games next year, get in there for a 6 to 8 seed... or move him, one more go-round on asset acquisition since everybody's so damn young.

And it still feels like Deni or Obi to me. Best fits with what we have.

ADDENDUM: I wouldn't trade Sexton and Nance for Kryie Irving and that feels so good to say. He's injured too often and the Nets seem to be as good or better without him. Sexton and Nance could be Cavs together for the next 5 to 7 years.

I still want some of those happy pills you take my friend.

As something of a manic depressive, it's usually more on the depressive side. At least when it comes to this team!

For whatever reason the team has had the Nuggets number this year.

2-0. The other win coming after the thug comment

Beilein
I find losing very challenging and this year has taken a much bigger toll on me than I expected.

WTF did he expect ?

Must say over 7 decades of being a sports fan, can't recall a coach or player Quitting over losing in the middle of a season.
even Detroit Lions players finish the season.:rip:

I guess you forgot the time Butch Davis quit on the Browns lol

Losing

I guess you forgot the time Butch Davis quit on the Browns lol

No
He rightly thought he was going to be fired and beat them to it. After nearly 4 years on the job. with a bunch of in fighting and death.

Pressure had been mounting on Davis for weeks as the Browns’ season crumbled with a score of injuries to key players and a handful of close losses. The Browns have 13 players on injured reserve, including six starters. Amid speculation last week that Davis was about to be fired, Collins said the coach would remain in place for the rest of the season – unless he resigned.
https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/browns_head_coach_butch_davis_resigns/

Butch Davis resigned as head coach of the Cleveland Browns yesterday after a nearly four-year tenure
Davis said yesterday in a statement: "There has been enormous speculation in recent weeks regarding my current and future status as the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. This intense pressure and scrutiny has caused considerable turmoil and distractions within the team, coaching staff and organization that had an adverse effect on the team.

"The criticism and frustration with lack of success on Sundays has made it necessary for the Cleveland Browns ownership, management and myself to move in different directions."
https://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/01/sports/football/as-browns-plummet-davis-quits-as-coach.html

Playoff like

Coach Bik out for the W's
playing 8 guys in a OT game. he'll get fired..lol

5-5 under Bick now. Sexton locking in as a legit All-Star type player, creeping up toward 24.0 for the year, a top 10 scorer. And he's doing it really efficiently, hitting from everywhere.

The key on Sexton is that he isn't a pure PG, although is assist numbers are pretty damn good this calendar year, he's really getting better there. It does put you in a Portland situation, where you just surrender to playing two 6'2" guards.

Garland is a pure PG with an elite handle and a pure stroke. KPJ has everyone buzzy that he could in fact be "the guy," the star. And that's another "problem," because he's 6'5". Sexton, Garland, and KPJ should absolutely be on the court as much as possible but it creates an odd lineup.

And then Nance has become full-on legit, a human double-double, can even make threes. He's yet another guy you really want on the court, but he's like 6'8", bouncy as hell but small for a 4. Then, I assume, Drummond, and he certainly helps with the rim.

Then you have a highly drafted rookie (still liking Obi or Deni), Love, Cedi, and Windler to figure out. Lots of talent, could definitely see 45 wins or so, but I could also seem some sculpting.

This linup makes the most sense... but anything that takes Sexton off the court makes me queasy.

Garland
KPJ
Obi
Love
Drummond

Then you'd have Sexton, Nance, Windler, and Cedi as your primary bench.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Collin Sexton is quietly averaging 4.2 assists per game over his last 15 games. Many of them are going to the corner 3, and it's a beautiful thing to watch <a href="https://t.co/LonLzaJg6x">pic.twitter.com/LonLzaJg6x</a></p>— Jordan Zirm (@clevezirm) <a href="https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/1237122292305383425?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

(Also getting credit for cranking up the effort on D. Dude wants to be great.)

Fuck Butch Davis.

That is all.

Also, happy for Coach Bickerstaff... wonder if he will parlay this in to a long-term gig. Social media is skeptical he makes it past the end of next season lmao.

It's absolutely awesome that the CAVS signed a coach with a career winning percentage of 40% to a multi-year deal. As the son of a coach who also had a career 40% winning percentage, he has the right pedigree.

-Al, because 40% is championship caliber material, right? ... RIGHT?!

Top Bottom