TRADE.... | Barking Hard

TRADE....

76ers would have to give me 3 unprotected 1st round picks to even take Simmons. A wing who can't shoot FTs or anything beyond 10ft.

You could sell me on a Garland-Simmons-Mobley core, less so on Okoro & Allen being the guys to fit around them. The spacing would be a whole lot worse than what Simmons had in Philly. And if the the Warriors no longer can get away with playing two non-shooters with Steph, how are the Cavs supposed to thrive with three or four next to DG?

Speaking of funky roster construction: last year, the Okoro-Nance-Allen combo posted an abominable 101.8 offensive rating (5th %ile). Perhaps not a surprise that swapping out Nance for a raw rook (whose future seems to be at the five) led to some putrid offense in the preseason opener.

Dudes have got a lot to figure out, look like a team in desperate need of a good OC.

What's holding the Cavs back is Love's contract. You know. The one Dan Gilbert forced Love to sign?! Gilbert is his own worst enemy and now I see how Koby Altman is going to be accountable for that and may be let go at the end of the year.

I don't think Altman has done all that bad. Give these kids time to grow. A lot of time on account of them being so young. Gilbert should eat the contract he gave him and move on to allow Altman and the coaches to make the roster decisions and stay out of the way.

• 👍
Reactions: Alo
Yeah, pretty wild the second unit that looked frisky last night (Garland-Rubio-Markkanen-Love-Mobley) costs about $80 mil. A lineup that pricey (+ two top five picks) better be able to score some buckets.

Fair to give Koby a pass on some of that stuff, tho a good GM's gotta be able to manage impetuous personalities both above (Gilbert) and below (K-Love, the shipped out KPJ) him on the org chart — the latter failing ultimately could be what costs him his job.

Good to see Windler showing signs of life — hope they start him off with the greenest ten-treys-a-game light in the G-League, kinda like what the Heat did with Duncan Robinson. For now, the big club's probably gotta focus on developing Okoro's still very limited offensive chops.

Last edited:
That KPJ thing. Who was the driving force behind shipping him out of here? Love? Altman? Gilbert or coach Bickerstaff? If he was the coach then. I don't remember. It feels like a knee jerk reaction whoever did that. The type of knee jerk reaction that the old Browns used to commit.

Oh no please this kid's a BIG head case. stay away like the plague. I question if he will play in a few years for 5-8 million a year or less. does he Love the game ?

Top Bottom