Tribe v BJ's | Barking Hard

Tribe v BJ's

jaydog

Legend
Awards
It would be great if the Tribe could get Salazar in the rotation, but we're OK right now with Kluber, Bauer and Tomlin with a hella bullpen and the addition of Salazar to that pen.

The Jays can rake, but not good running the bases unlike the Tribe's small ball game. Can't wait for some more playoff baseball

Listening to 92.3 this a.m. and they swear the Blue Jays "are the biggest pile of d-bags in sports" and by the end of this series, we'll like them less than we do the Warriors.

True? Hadn't heard it.

I'm going this Saturday.

Go Tribe!!!

That's the first I heard of them being d-bags, but OK.
Sounds like it's media BS unless there's a player or two that has been caught up in stupid stuff.

I heard Rick Manning on the RBS and he mentioned the Tribe should be pissed after sweeping the sawx sports media in general focused on big poopy's retirement and little note of the Tribe raping the team most thought were series bound.

Our fan base is definitely obnoxious, pretty much any Toronto fan base is lmao (give the Raptors time to get there as they've only been really good for a couple seasons). The Jays earned a lot of ire for how they played last year. The bat flip seemed to polarize a lot of people (I loved it, it's one of the most iconic things I've ever seen IMO). The brawls with Texas and Kansas City, the Jays are the current team people love to hate. After years of being third fiddle to Boston and New York, I welcome it lol.

This series should be close. I hope it goes 6+ games at least. Both teams were overlooked all year. Cleveland maybe the quietest story in sports given how they dominated the AL Central.

That's the first I heard of them being d-bags, but OK.
Sounds like it's media BS unless there's a player or two that has been caught up in stupid stuff.

Well there's the whole Jose Bautista getting punched in the face after a foot first slide in to second vs Texas back in may...

Edwin Encarnacion was in some hot water, sued for battery and giving a girl an STD. Note that it was a lawsuit and not criminal charges.

More recently, a fan threw a can of beer at Adam Jones during our Wildcard playoff game...

Wow. Bautista got clocked good. Guess that's what happens when you lead with your face. Not good fighting posture and no response.
:tsk:

It would be great if the Tribe could get Salazar in the rotation, but we're OK right now with Kluber, Bauer and Tomlin with a hella bullpen and the addition of Salazar to that pen.

The Jays can rake, but not good running the bases unlike the Tribe's small ball game. Can't wait for some more playoff baseball

Just saw some stats on MLB Now. The Tribe is first in all categories in the"small ball" game.

Excellent! Small ball is way more solid than mashing as we know from the 90's Tribe team that was one of the best lineups ever.

Problem we face is the J's starters are solid and our #2 and #3 starters are out to include Salazar which would've been a bull pen addition.

Fuck 'em all!! Go Tribe!! :banana:

HAD to have that game.
I have my doubts about drone-boy and Monday.
Tomlin time tomorrow!

Yeah Bauer is inconsistent, but when he's on he can shut 'em down. Also gotta see what Clevinger gives us in game 4. Right now they have that as a bullpen day and that's after Bauer's start.

Game 2 is ever bit as critical as game 1.

Despite great defense, great pitching, and a victory in game 1, home field advantage, a couple jokers on MLB Tonight are saying Toronto is the favorite to win this series. I think our players love the role of underdogs.

Go Tribe!

Is it a back-to-back?

Oh man work is going to be murder tonight between that and the first Hockey Night in Canada of the year ><

The media will always pick against Cleveland.
They refuse to think for themselves.
They tow the media hype line.
They rarely get things right the first time or the second time.
They're lazy to the point that when a team from Cleveland is in the playoffs they pick against them cause that's what everybody else is doing.
And most of the media is made up of former guys who played against our teams like Pedro Martinez, Curt Schilling, Craig Sager who covered the Royals and Cal Ripken.

But we do have Brian Anderson. Where he fits in who knows?

I forgot about Earnie Johnson who called Atlanta Braves games in the 90's

- - - Updated - - -

But yea...WOW

Schilling pissed me off this year actually....gave us no chance to beat the red sox (of course)....put emphasis on it i didn't care for. He was dead fucking wrong....which is nice :)

For losing 2 starters coming into post season....our pitching has been fucking stellar. Let's keep this shit rolling.

Top Bottom