Tyler Bray, a Chud QB | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Tyler Bray, a Chud QB

Look, I thought it was flat out nuts that Nick Foles didn't go high 2nd. I think Bray goes in the 2nd almost for sure... and has a chance at being a guy teams who didn't get their QB yet might trade up to the 30-35 area to get.

He had a great Combine, throwing and interviewing. Lots of rumors that the Cardinals will take him at 38.

I dont know man... I see him as somewhere between DA and Flacco (and I dont have rave reviews of Flacco)

He rockets the short stuff, and seems very inconsistent with his accuracy, VERY

I too would be shocked if he went in the second

He is a statue, in comparison to most others

He doesn't have the stats the back up a 1st round grade

Im sour on the guy

I think Barkley and Manuel are better prospects

I think Smith and Barkley are the clear 1 and 2. After that, it's a matter of taste. Bray seems to have put himself in that group, along with fellow riser Manuel and also Nassib and Glennon. Seems like Tyler Wilson is dropping fast.

I watched a lot of tape on Bray after seeing him a few times "live." I love the way he throws. I think he's really accurate, which is what they said about him at the Combine.

Thus spake Cosell:

Asked about Bray. Obvious arm talent. Concerns are very loose + undisciplined in pocket. Efficiency drops dramatically in muddied pocket.

I'm always leery of QB who has hard time with bodies around him. Have to make those throws in NFL. Bray really struggled with that.

Another concern with Bray is functional mobility. Stiff in his movement. Don't have to be a runner but must avoid + reset. Didn't see that.

Yeah, I love Cosell so that bugged me. He also wasn't very shiny on my boy Barks, says anything over 25 loses velocity as it goes (kind of the opposite of "spinning it"). I know there are some pretty smart people who believe pretty much the opposite.

It's always a bizarre time for QBs with a ton of opinions flying around. I really love Bray's arm talent and agree with the notion that he's this year's Osweiler, a guy who should get a little time to watch, learn, grow, and be coached at a high level. Curious to see which team likes that prescription.

Top Bottom