Browns Game Thread - Watson & the Browns visit the Texans | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Watson & the Browns visit the Texans

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
We are finally here. Watson-week.

We open as a 7 point favorite on the road vs Houston.

Texans are 1-8-1
Browns are 4-7

The Texans have lost 6 straight, most of them by multiple possessions, and have the 32nd ranked offense along with the 30th ranked defense.

Other then being on our third center, we are at full strength on offense. I think we escaped the Bucs game without any significant injuries. Eye test says Froholdt is holding up well and has settled in. No penalties or botched snap exchanges last game. Our O-line, even after losing top-5 center Pocic, is still fifth on PFF.

There is zero reason we aren't 5-7 heading into the Cinci and Baltimore games next.
We knew the last month was the Watson-less gauntlet, and we all hoped for 5 or 6 wins at this point. Probably deserved the Jets game win. Oh well, at least we are still playing mathematically meaningful football.

We continue to be in must-win mode every Sunday for the duration of this season.

And last but not least, again, thank you Texans, for the Osweiler trade netting us Nick f'n' Chubb.

I love how the NFL was so against Watson and stood firm at 12. Then took a glance at the schedule and realized 11 would set up a reunion tour with so much to talk about. NFL doesn’t care about Watson and his troubles. They care about the story and $$$ those stories provide.

I hope Watson is pissed, I hope he’s looking for redemption. Not just on the team that abandoned him or the league that crucified him. I hope it’s us against the world mentality. Let’s go show these hater and doubters we ain’t nothing to fuck with!

Go Browns!!!!

In the end... I just want to win... I hope he does well for us... That doesn't excuse his behavior.. Jim Brown was unsavory as well... But I also realize this is a business...

I love how the NFL was so against Watson and stood firm at 12. Then took a glance at the schedule and realized 11 would set up a reunion tour with so much to talk about. NFL doesn’t care about Watson and his troubles. They care about ththat abandoned him or the league that crucified him. I hope it’s us against the world mentality. Let’s go show these hater and doubters we ain’t nothing to fuck with!

Go Browns!!!!
Army Football GIF by GoArmyWestPoint

doesn't excuse his behavior
Agree, so, pay your penalty, which he did in games missed and monetarily, and move on.

I've thought all long, I've been a Browns fan my whole life. There was pre-Watson Browns, and there will be post-Watson Browns ... and I'm not leaving.

So, I pull for the now-Watson Browns while he's here.

DanInFlorida and Shep jumped to the Panthers. Full belief in Baker and distain for the Browns obtaining Watson.
To each his own and all, but that was never gonna be me. Zero chance.

One player does not, Will not dictate my fandom for this team... Bakers gone... All I can say is I'm mighty disappointed in him... He can go pound salt... Shep is a dipshit...

Baker won 11 games and was playing at a top-10 level, and then AVP decides "fuck it, let's screw with your footwork". Not saying that was the cause of the downfall, but a weird idea nonetheless.

How Josh Allen became more accurate, and Baker became less accurate, is still a head scratcher for me. I'm over all that though. We have #4 at practice this week, and at the helm. Forge on.

I think the Dobbs move is all about money and doesn't necessarily mean they will not resign him.

Right now we have Watson and Brissett as the 1 and 2 and the 3rd guy is always a developmental guy. The cost of Dobbs over Mond can't be all that different. Just guessing right now. But the long term answer is the way to go for a developmental QB.

I'm exceedingly glad we're playing Texans as I don't expect Watson to have a good game. Weird routines for him this year and lots of time missed over the last 2 seasons. Chubb needs a tasty 200+ yards game so it may as well be here. It's gonna take a few games to find his rhythm.

Top Bottom