Browns Game Thread - Watson & the Browns visit the Texans | Page 11 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Watson & the Browns visit the Texans

we won? WHO GIVES A FU&K? this is about long term year over year success at QB
not 1 fu&king road win vs the worst team in football LOL.
we would have won this game with my nana at QB and shes been dead for 20 years.
Is JB better? because after that fu&*king dog sh*t showing? he had better fu&king improve overnight.
or we are going to be fu&ked for a decade.digest that.

I'll just say this... If Watson plays next week like he played this week... We ain't winning jack shit! Cinncitucky as much as I hate them ain't no joke!!... They aren't Houston.

I'm not really sure what some of you expected. A guy who hadn't played in a football game in 2 calendar years wasn't going to step in and pick up where he left off in game 1. Stefanski kept the offense extremely vanilla and Watson shook off rust and started to re-acclimate to game speed....in a win. Did you see some of the plays Watson made? Some of the plays he extended and hit WR's down field? Some of the plays he made with his legs? Did you see some of the holes that were opened for Chubb/Hunt simply because of the threat of Wason?

If you are bitching and complaining, then you are just looking for reasons to bitch and complain.

BTW - For those who said that Watson won't make the defense and special teams better...well...he did. Why? Because the whole team is energized by an elite QB. The entire team gets energized when they think the offense can score.

Just calm down and get ready for Cincy.

1. A win is a win
2. This should be the last “media hump” in this whole process.
3. Q is right on vanilla-ness. Grossi and others talked about it this past week. This was going to be a preseason game approach, knock off the rust, and then pull out all the stops for Cinci and Baltimore.
4. With two defensive TD’s, and a DPJ return, that means the defense had to go back-to-back three times, thus limiting opportunities.
5. He had one TD drive that ended in a pick. A pick was pretty likely in this game.
6. Then Schwartz fumbled.
7. Two WR’s got hurt.
8. No Njoku

Let’s be at least satisfied with yesterday.
Next week, Njoku is back and the playbook opens up.

And Bill, tell #71 to finish blocks for Christ’s sake.

And yet there are "pundits" who want to grade him. GTFO. I'll just repeat everyone else. 2 years. New team. New scheme. Limited practices at best. And I don't care how bad Houston is cause they're still NFL players who have been at game speed for the past 3 months. It didn't look pretty. I didn't expect it to. I expected the team to rally behind him and what do you know? They did. He'll get more comfortable and better each week. We got an elite QB guys. He'll show up.

We got an elite QB guys. He'll show up.
That Key and JWills show saying "the AFCN is going to be a problem", because of Lamar and Joey B, and the Steelers find ways go be competitive even in down years. Oh, and because "DeShaun is going to be back, what we saw yesterday isn't how he's going to be going forward".

I'm not really sure what some of you expected. A guy who hadn't played in a football game in 2 calendar years wasn't going to step in and pick up where he left off in game 1. Stefanski kept the offense extremely vanilla and Watson shook off rust and started to re-acclimate to game speed....in a win. Did you see some of the plays Watson made? Some of the plays he extended and hit WR's down field? Some of the plays he made with his legs? Did you see some of the holes that were opened for Chubb/Hunt simply because of the threat of Wason?

If you are bitching and complaining, then you are just looking for reasons to bitch and complain.

BTW - For those who said that Watson won't make the defense and special teams better...well...he did. Why? Because the whole team is energized by an elite QB. The entire team gets energized when they think the offense can score.

I get it... he's your boy... But I was not impressed with passes going to the turf.. He needs to clean that shit up... Like Brissett... He needs to earn MY RESPECT!... I'm not gonna christen him just because the rest of you want to sniff his jock... He's our guy now and I support him. But again.. Respect is earned... Not handed out like a debit card...

I've seen rookies come in cold and perform better... Sorry jack...

If you are bitching and complaining,
man,fu&k you
we are just pointing our exactly what happened yesterday and what that might mean for us.
you guys are just terrified that there is a possibility watson may not work out here.
talk about wishful thinking and attack anyone who doesn't feel the same delusional way.

It was a really strange showing by watson.yeah he made some power throws perfect in the numbers
then he throws a 6 yard pass right into the ground?then another.then another.I was WTF?
some passes looked all pro and some were..I mean I could throw a better screen than that.
no Im not SERIOUSLY saying he took a dive Im just sayin it bloody looks that way how he played and..
he had better fu&king improve overnight.
this roster could win with baker at QB.we can win with watson no matter how rusty he is.
but thats really not the point of these last 5 games.we have to know what we have now.
not 2 years ago.If you guys can say you weren't disappointed in that showing @houston?
you're just lying.100% fit focused and healthy with a year to learn the playbook and prepare.
I expected a fuc#ing scoring extravaganza, 50 points from a franchise QB.
I've seen rookies come in cold and perform better... Sorry jack...
#13 says "man,GTFO of here with that weak sauce rust BS, I stacked shelves for preseason mofo!"

Last edited:
Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

It was a really strange showing by watson.yeah he made some power throws perfect in the numbers
then he throws a 6 yard pass right into the ground?then another.then another.I was WTF?
some passes looked all pro and some were..I mean I could throw a better screen than that.
no Im not SERIOUSLY saying he took a dive Im just sayin it bloody looks that way how he played
from his first game I suspected something amiss..

Top Bottom