Browns Game Thread - Week 11 The Browns host the Lions | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Week 11 The Browns host the Lions

Letting Baker play today was a foolish decision. He did nothing to help the team to this win but resting him may have given us a better chance in future games. He made a couple good plays but I think CK would have been fine managing this game. Now Mayfield takes a bunch more hits and throws a few more picks to think about all week.
I was watching the Offense and I don't know that it's on Baker as much as scheme. I saw the lions slot CB or weakside LB come into the box just a few yards off the LOS when our offense loaded up the other side. I also saw the strongside LB get right alongside the DE for run support, but still in position to cover whoever crossed over the middle short.

FYI. Just some basic secondary defense is when an offense has trips on one side then one of the receivers will cross over the middle and another will go deep.

But if a D can get a LB into the slot for run support and we run it to that side we almost have to pull the other guard just to get a hat on a hat. The bread and butter off tackle run plays of this offense need to be tweaked to compensate for what defenses are scheming. Our OLine is very good at their jobs, but it's getting more and more difficult to continue the wide run plays right now.

Also it appeared to me KS scripted some short throws in the flats for Baker early on which I thought was perfect for him. He needs to recognize that he doesn't have to force the ball downfield when an outlet pass can move the ball up 5 or 6 yards and you live for another down. The TD pass to Chubb being a prime example.

I don't know what happened that KS seems to have little trust in the guys on offense, but maybe it's because he doesn't trust the defense enough to cover for any miscues on offense?

Last edited:
Team looked like shit again today. This staff is trash, Mayfield is a snowflake bitch and sadly his wife is a cancer but isn't lying, Stefanski is coaching this team to be soft.

Yikes, looked up on Google. Coaches can’t stop dysfunction outside of the locker room.

Baker needs to get ahead of this. I’m not on social media but I’ve seen comments about his wife a bunch of times. They don’t need outside noise, especially from the possible long term franchise QB’s wife. Not a good look for her, Baker, and the Browns.

His wife is CONSTANTLY running her mouth online dogging Cleveland, the fans and the Browns. Kinda seems like the Mayfields feel they are too good for Cleveland and we should feel honored they give us the time of day.

I would definitely say it is a distraction and could be causing issues on the team. I would also say it is hypocritical that OBJ's dad criticizes our QB's inability to make plays and OBJ gets benched before getting cut yet Mayfields wife has free reign to mouth off nearly every week about everyone on the roster that isn't her husband.

I would also say it is hypocritical that OBJ's dad criticizes our QB's inability to make plays and OBJ gets benched before getting cut yet Mayfields wife has free reign to mouth off nearly every week about everyone on the roster that isn't her husband.
That’s a valid point though it’s tough benching a guy that’s not getting released soon. Especially the starting QB. I’m not sure how you handle it if Baker can’t.

show talent GIF

Top Bottom