Browns Game Thread - Week 4 - Browns @ Falcons | Page 8 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Week 4 - Browns @ Falcons

Play calling very predictable today. Is Jacoby unable to open up the offense or is he not trusted to perform or both? Either way look for more of the same until Watson gets back. Got nothing to say about defense. Don't care how well they played until they choked. They choked.

Agree with you BDU. Was thinking of staying up to watch live (midnight Thailand time) but glad I decided against it. Sheesh

Agreed. It’s the defence letting us down. Which is wild considering the amount of resources we invest in that side of the board. I know we’re banged up this week but even before that they’ve been an issue.

For the talent we have, we’re under-performing there.

Meanwhile, the offence has been efficient and boasts great blocking, an efficient pass game and the best ground game in the league. KS is doing his job.

I don’t like the coaching carousel but Woods is on the hot seat right now.
this D has been good 1 year in the last 5 years
I heard the commentary how the CB D has really turned around...as they drove down the field on us with ease.
who was that idiot? prolly some ex-TE with CTE up to the eye balls drooling on the mic
D-line depth is an issue as we all know..well,we paid for that last night.couldnt stop the run.
for the cover 2 D to be effective you need 5 really good DB's on the same page..or it simply doesn't work
now we have the finesse players we need for the finesse D scheme?
MAKE IT WORK WOODS or GTFO!

I knew our D would have problems stopping the run this year-I wrote this about the panthers game and you can see why
CMC will rush for over 100 and we will loose this football game.we just cannot stop the run.which setup playaction.
our glaring weakness inside is exploited b y the CAR O-line as CMC runs for 146 yards and 2 TD's.

Last edited:
My biggest issue is we keep finding ways to lose. We're worse in moments than games this year, and don't see any consistency.
On paper, it wasn't the worst performance. We contained their air attack at the expense of giving up a decent chunk on the ground, but I'm okay with that. And offensively, I'd take a 400 yard game with 177 on the ground and an efficient 230 in the air any day.

But it's moments and passages of play where we fucking sucked.

The first quarter was a nightmare:

- Four-and-out after driving to their 10 yard line.
- Giving up an 84 yard drive for a FG.
- Fumble on our own 12.
- Give up the quick TD.

But the offense gets a score, D holds strong, and we drive to Atlanta's one yard line off a beautiful pass to DPJ. We've dug ourselves out of a 10-point hole with a golden opportunity to go up by four at the half:

- only to get held to three points.

The third is a stalemate. D holds strong, back-to-back punts before snatching an int in Atlanta territory providing an opportunity to really build the lead:

- Only for the offense to get held to three points.
- D immediately gives up a 75 yard TD drive.

Offense responds with their own 75 yard TD drive to jump back in to the winning frame:

- D gives up back-to-back FG drives, including one play on each of their final two drives which damn near represented 1/3 of their total production on the day.
- Offense punts once, blows a change to equal or grab a winning TD from inside Atlanta territory.

It reads like a clusterfuck, but it ultimately comes down to just two things for me:

- Our offense busted ass to twice get inside Atlanta's 10, and had just three points to show for it.
- Our defence once again choked away its hard work, getting burned twice on the final two drives for the equalising and go-ahead FGs respectively.

Everything else which happened, I could forgive. Great teams step up when it matters most, and we couldn't step up.

I'm not ready to say the season is over. 2-2 isn't the end of the world; especially when we're in a three-way tie for the division. But blowing two very winnable games doesn't exactly have me feeling confident with some fucking excellent teams lingering on the horizon.

If anything, I want to take some comfort knowing the Browns have blown wins rather than outright losing. You could make a case Cleveland was the better team for the majority of the Jets and Falcons game. But the guys have to get this shit together because you can't blow these opportunities forever and expect to deserve a playoff spot. I'm willing to give teams the first four weeks to find their feet and iron out the kinks, it's not rare for the first four weeks to not be indicative of a team's fortune for the season, but it can't last much longer or questions are going to be raised.

My biggest issue is we keep finding ways to lose. We're worse in moments than games this year, and don't see any consistency.
On paper, it wasn't the worst performance. We contained their air attack at the expense of giving up a decent chunk on the ground, but I'm okay with that. And offensively, I'd take a 400 yard game with 177 on the ground and an efficient 230 in the air any day.

But it's moments and passages of play where we fucking sucked.

The first quarter was a nightmare:

- Four-and-out after driving to their 10 yard line.
- Giving up an 84 yard drive for a FG.
- Fumble on our own 12.
- Give up the quick TD.

But the offense gets a score, D holds strong, and we drive to Atlanta's one yard line off a beautiful pass to DPJ. We've dug ourselves out of a 10-point hole with a golden opportunity to go up by four at the half:

- only to get held to three points.

The third is a stalemate. D holds strong, back-to-back punts before snatching an int in Atlanta territory providing an opportunity to really build the lead:

- Only for the offense to get held to three points.
- D immediately gives up a 75 yard TD drive.

Offense responds with their own 75 yard TD drive to jump back in to the winning frame:

- D gives up back-to-back FG drives, including one play on each of their final two drives which damn near represented 1/3 of their total production on the day.
- Offense punts once, blows a change to equal or grab a winning TD from inside Atlanta territory.

It reads like a clusterfuck, but it ultimately comes down to just two things for me:

- Our offense busted ass to twice get inside Atlanta's 10, and had just three points to show for it.
- Our defence once again choked away its hard work, getting burned twice on the final two drives for the equalising and go-ahead FGs respectively.

Everything else which happened, I could forgive. Great teams step up when it matters most, and we couldn't step up.

I'm not ready to say the season is over. 2-2 isn't the end of the world; especially when we're in a three-way tie for the division. But blowing two very winnable games doesn't exactly have me feeling confident with some fucking excellent teams lingering on the horizon.

If anything, I want to take some comfort knowing the Browns have blown wins rather than outright losing. You could make a case Cleveland was the better team for the majority of the Jets and Falcons game. But the guys have to get this shit together because you can't blow these opportunities forever and expect to deserve a playoff spot. I'm willing to give teams the first four weeks to find their feet and iron out the kinks, it's not rare for the first four weeks to not be indicative of a team's fortune for the season, but it can't last much longer or questions are going to be raised.
The leg of the schedule that is upcoming up doesnt lead me to believe there will be much winning will be going on... I expect the rails of this season to fall quite soon... I expect Justin Herbert to toss 400 yds on us

Top Bottom