Browns Game Thread - Week 4 - Browns @ Falcons | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Browns Game Thread Week 4 - Browns @ Falcons

Offense will need to score early and often since I have little to no faith in this defense. Nobody up front has shown that they can get after the quarterback consistently and secondary is still suspect. This might just be a game to bet the over.

I blame this on @TheBestPlayersPlay with his negative MG vibes. ;)

I hope MG has a speedy recovery, it’s clearly worse than what they are saying. You don’t spend the day in the hospital after rolling a car for nothing.

Though, a few years back Cam rolled his truck and played a few days later. You never know.

NFL.com's article on Garrett.

Trigger warning: Article refers to Garrett as a "star" and a two time first-team all pro. Very contentious.

That is the rule out here too. You just hope the creature gets out of the way quickly enough and you keep your ass on the road. I'm guessing MG doesn't have very much experience driving in a somewhat suburban/rural areas.

If I hit a deer I keep driving and head directly back home at all costs before the damn car dies. Then I can use my wife's car if needed or figure shit out from my own place.

NFL.com's article on Garrett.

Trigger warning: Article refers to Garrett as a "star" and a two time first-team all pro. Very contentious.
Yes we all know how the media and low information fans feel about about him. It's the people who watch him the most and aren't hung up on QB sacks as the end all be all who see his limitations. My main point is he is overvalued and we could probably get a haul worth far more than his production warrants in a trade. Blasphemy to low information fans though, I realize.

Super happy he is ok though, I love him as a person and a dinosaur fan!

That is the rule out here too. You just hope the creature gets out of the way quickly enough and you keep your ass on the road. I'm guessing MG doesn't have very much experience driving in a somewhat suburban/rural areas.

If I hit a deer I keep driving and head directly back home at all costs before the damn car dies. Then I can use my wife's car if needed or figure shit out from my own place.
Indeed. I think most of us who grew up in Ohio were taught to just drive through the deer. I have had a few close calls this year and generally do most years. They are everywhere. Hopefully he didn't swerve for a squirrel.

Yes we all know how the media and low information fans feel about about him. It's the people who watch him the most and aren't hung up on QB sacks as the end all be all who see his limitations. My main point is he is overvalued and we could probably get a haul worth far more than his production warrants in a trade. Blasphemy to low information fans though, I realize.

I'm a huge Dinosaur fan... They used to have a series on Discovery many years ago called "Paleoworld"... I was glued to that show... And I have watched countless documentaries with Dr. Robert Bakker and Dr.Jack Horner... Two of the leading paleoentologists in the field... I find this stuff mesmerizing...

Um....if he is only over valued by fans and media, and your personal scouting report on him is accurate (which means actual NFL teams would have that same scouting) how would CLE get a haul for him?

Um....if he is only over valued by fans and media, and your personal scouting report on him is accurate (which means actual NFL teams would have that same scouting) how would CLE get a haul for him?
Straw man. I didn't say "only". There are plenty of stupid GMs out there who rely on media reports and give their buddies scouting jobs. As Browns fan, we know this all too well unfortunately.

Last edited:
Straw man. I didn't say "only". There are plenty of stupid GMs out there who rely on media reports and give their buddies scouting jobs. As Browns fan, we know this all too well unfortunately.
Excuse the only, but that ain't straw man. So who actually in or around the NFL shares your view? Other than some rando on Twitter.

Teams with a scouting report like the one you are trying to give (which game film breakdown doesn't back up as far as I have seen) are not going to over pay, especially with th contract MG has, of your scouting report was valid.

Sorry man, but your take sounds like the bad fan take you are trying to put on fans.

Excuse the only, but that ain't straw man. So who actually in or around the NFL shares your view? Other than some rando on Twitter.

Teams with a scouting report like the one you are trying to give (which game film breakdown doesn't back up as far as I have seen) are not going to over pay, especially with th contract MG has, of your scouting report was valid.

Sorry man, but your take sounds like the bad fan take you are trying to put on fans.

Agreed.

Garrett is a x2 first team All-Pro, coming off a 16 sack season and currently has three sacks in three games and leads the NFL in hurries despite being doubled and even tripled constantly. He’s about to become the Browns all-time sack leader despite still being young with years left in his prime, and has recorded double digit sacks in four consecutive years. He’s a PFF darling, and one of the most respected player in the league.

Pushing buttons is a laugh but I’m legitimately trying to figure out in what reality he’s overrated, much less is a guy you actively try to trade.

Plenty of people I am sure. You don't hear from them because they aren't interested in a player who shows up a couple times a game if you are lucky, or feasts on bad tackles. Useful for sure, but he doesn't deserve the adulation he receives. He is a freak of a human, just doesn't compare to any of the other top DL elites who produce routinely rather than rarely, and in multiple facets of the game. Dude is tired by the 2nd quarter. He sucks against the run. And he gets eaten alive by good tackles.

I thought so.

I've pitted several cars in chases and pinned them into medians and off the road. Felons get out and flee on foot. I get out and chase their ass down. After a couple hours of paper work I get back into a different cruiser and start it all over. Once I didn't even realize I had fractured my ankle until I woke up the next day and it hurt like a son of a bitch.

speeding road rage GIF by NBC

#adrenalinerush

Last edited:
Top Bottom