Well, That Changes Everything!! | Barking Hard

Well, That Changes Everything!!

Shep

Awards
Cavs finally found a place to put their money. They were opening up all kinds of cap space with no clear target this summer... found it early.

Drummond is a fucking beast, a guy who protects the rim, rebounds like Timberwolves era Love, and can seriously pass. Forget that he's not a stretch or the notion that he's old school... because he fits amazingly well with the kids for pick-and-roll (Sexton, KPJ, Garland, eventually Windler) and also Love, a true stretch-4.

He leads the NBA in double-doubles, is a two-time all-star, and is at 18/17 as we speak. It's highway robbery. Thanks, Stefanski's dad.

There's a very serious team to be built for 2020 based on a probable Top 3 draft pick, Love/Drummond/Nance, and the aforementioned plus Cedi. Thank GOD we got Garland and not that wing who can't shoot at all.

Hearing the Isreali big wing is the ideal fit, makes sense to me with only Cedi and Windler as guys who aren't guards or 4/5s.

Something tells me the starting 5 will be Garland, KJP, Love, Drummond, and that blue-chippy pick. That allows Sexton to begin his Lou Williams Life Journey, and the trio of him, Cedi, Nance, and Windler is one hell of a next four.

Something really interesting coming together.

Also: If it isn't Deni, the Israeli said to be the best overseas player this side of Luka, I love the Dayton kid, Obi. I know he's older but the Cavs showed with Windler they're totally good with that, love them coming in prepared.

Dan Gilbert needs to let Koby Altman run this team and not impose his idiocy every chance he gets. This is/was not a good move. Trying to play this off as a good move for the Cavs because they got an All Start for nothing completely ignores his salary and the fact he can't make free throws as a Center with only an inside game. He doesn't fit here and in the new 3 point NBA he's going to be forced to guard the perimeter. Again not his game out there. It's why he was so cheap.

The Cavs are as fucked as the Browns with poor ownership. The Indians are the only team with sensible ownership, but they are to cheap to put their team over the top for a championship.

It's weird how all of Gilbert's moves are derived from the Detroit area too. Beilein, Drummond and his love for that area should just stay there.

Wish I had your outlook Shep, as I see it the Cavs are the worst team in the NBA lmao. Of course, nowhere to go but up from there.

Lol

He only has 1 more year, so they might be able to use him in a trade. for a troubled soul down the line. not like they paid thru the ass. bottom line it's not our monies.

Moves that come outta nowhere have the Dan Gilbert stench all over it. He's running the team into detroit. Aka "the Ground"!

I'm not that dedicated where I'd watch tonight's game but it looks like on paper anyway Drummond had a real good night so there's that. Then again it's just the Hawks

Whenever I hear the name Drummond though I can't help but think of this show! Admittedly it was a guilty pleasure of mine. Kim Drummond was cute. It's sad though what happened to Dana Plato

Second game with him looked damn good. I think the pieces fit together just perfectly and Drummond's bad free throw shooting is WAY better now, up in the 60s.

Drummond and Love fit ideally, the rim protecting bully and the stretch. Drummond's pick-and-roll game is really strong for a speedy penetrator like Sexton. Also, Sexton has quietly become a legit star, like the #7 scorer in the East for this calendar year. Also consistently stroking 3's, above 40. He's completing his journey to being Sweet Lou 2.0.

The keepers: Love, Drummond, Sexton, Garland, KPJ, Nance are "the core." I know the coach is nuts for Windler, not sure the coach sticks, but I'd say he fits really well. A wing with length who never stops running and can shoot. Everybody outside those 7 including Cedi is expendable.

Who would I draft to add to that? Deni seems like the absolutely perfect fit at 6'9", a true wing who can shoot from anywhere. A starting 5 of Garland, Sexton, Deni, Love, and Drummond (1 to 5) seems really well constructed. That said, gonna be tough to keep KPJ out of a starting lineup soon. He and Sexton MIGHT flip, with Sexton truly becoming Lou 2.0.

If we can't get Deni, the Dayton kid is a good fit, too. A tad less exciting.

Actually, this doesn't change anything. The CAVS sucked, suck, and will continue to suck.

Drummond and Love fit as ideally as Pitt and Aniston. One's a bitch and the other is a bitch. Unless you're living in 19-dickety-3.

Drummond couldn't protect the rim if the rim sat on his lap, sucked his teet, and called him momma. I'd rather have the poor man's Whiteside known as John Henson protecting the rim.

Love was the Main Man in Minny, then he got traded to be used (and abused) as a "Stretch 4" but that time has passed, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't hold the patent to the Flux Capacitor.

I love me some Sexton (great, humble young man who works to be all he can be), but Sexton's a legit star if and only if 6'1" Shooting Guards were a thing.

-Al

I am just flat out amazed at how the CAVS can have owner who spends like mad, but is a blind squirrel who can't find a nut; an Indians owner who finds nuts blindly but can't spend to keep them; and a Browns owner who can't do neither.

Being that this is the CAVS forum, I'll just say that Altman is an idiot who spends $12M on a 10/10 Nance, $18M on a 10/10 Thompson, and $8M on a streaky Osman who puts up 20 every 8th game and 3 on every other game. It's no wonder why the CAVS suck as hard as they do. How about spending money on consistent contributors who want to be in Cleveland like Jordan Clarkson instead of paying a bunch of stiffs big money who just want to be set for life after one year like most other NBA teams?

-Al

Burrrr

I am just flat out amazed at how the CAVS can have owner who spends like mad, but is a blind squirrel who can't find a nut; an Indians owner who finds nuts blindly but can't spend to keep them; and a Browns owner who can't do neither.
-Al
That's a pretty good summery.
In defense of the Cav's if they were the Fort Lauderdale Cav's they would be working on a 10th Championship by now or better. but top FA doesn't want to work/live in C-town. the chance of ever having another player like LBJ as a selling point again is zero. yet we know it didn't work the first time.

Cant agree more with this IMO. Except maybe calling Henson a poor man's Whiteside but then again maybe that's aptly a scathing critique and a good comparison. The Cavs do suck, and Bickerstaff will do the best he can (he got a lot out of a mincemeat Memphis roster when he was there. I expect similar results here).

Love and Drummond, both share a common thread: OVERRATED BIGS who never really meshed anywhere. Caught playing catch up in a rapidly evolving game of basketball. I'd have probably got rid of Kevin Love instead of signing him to a contract extension but I understand as a GM wanting to keep, ideally, the 'face' of the organization and the last vestige of the championship season. In of itself, an old school mentality you don't really see in Sports anymore.

Dan Gilbert, say what you will. He isn't the passive owner, and we know how owners who like to be involved can go. If he managed to find himself a decent basketball mind to run the team, I think we would be in good shape. I agree with your assessment of Koby Altman implicitly. Overpaying on guys like Nance, Thompson and Osman is not a way to build a quality team.

Actually, this doesn't change anything. The CAVS sucked, suck, and will continue to suck.

Drummond and Love fit as ideally as Pitt and Aniston. One's a bitch and the other is a bitch. Unless you're living in 19-dickety-3.

Drummond couldn't protect the rim if the rim sat on his lap, sucked his teet, and called him momma. I'd rather have the poor man's Whiteside known as John Henson protecting the rim.

Love was the Main Man in Minny, then he got traded to be used (and abused) as a "Stretch 4" but that time has passed, and I'm pretty sure that he doesn't hold the patent to the Flux Capacitor.

I love me some Sexton (great, humble young man who works to be all he can be), but Sexton's a legit star if and only if 6'1" Shooting Guards were a thing.

-Al

Being that this is the CAVS forum, I'll just say that Altman is an idiot who spends $12M on a 10/10 Nance, $18M on a 10/10 Thompson, and $8M on a streaky Osman who puts up 20 every 8th game and 3 on every other game. It's no wonder why the CAVS suck as hard as they do. How about spending money on consistent contributors who want to be in Cleveland like Jordan Clarkson instead of paying a bunch of stiffs big money who just want to be set for life after one year like most other NBA teams?

-Al

Top Bottom