When your team kneels... | Barking Hard

When your team kneels...

hammertime

Administrator
Awards
For oppression or Marxism?

Has anyone formed an opinion approaching the opening of the Tribe and Browns should they choose to dishonor the National Anthem?

Professional sports is no longer something we use as an escape or for that matter entertainment until we can return the focus to the sport not agendas....

Remember that we were paying handsomely for a product that has changed significantly...

I have the same opinion I did several years ago when players started taking a knee. Which is that that I don't care if they stand, sit, or kneel. It doesn't say anything about respect for the anthem, soldiers, or whatnot. Just as I don't care if fans at the game stand, sit, kneel, or keep peeing at a urinal. I don't care if fans sitting at home or at a bar when the national anthem is shown on TV continue to sit, drink, have conversations, etc .

I have the same opinion I did several years ago when players started taking a knee. Which is that that I don't care if they stand, sit, or kneel. It doesn't say anything about respect for the anthem, soldiers, or whatnot. Just as I don't care if fans at the game stand, sit, kneel, or keep peeing at a urinal. I don't care if fans sitting at home or at a bar when the national anthem is shown on TV continue to sit, drink, have conversations, etc .
Pretty sure that the entire point of kneeling is to dishonor the National Anthem.
Otherwise kneel during the 2nd inning or some other benign moment.
It’s really a misguided effort at best.

Pretty sure that the entire point of kneeling is to dishonor the National Anthem.

I think the point is to draw attention to a cause. Kneeling during the 2nd inning or the seventh inning stretch would not draw the same amount of attention to the cause. To me, it is rather like an advertisement on TV. Maybe I like the product or maybe I don't. It really makes no difference. What I am interested in is the program I am watching.

Now if I lose interest in the program, I will stop watching despite all the commercials of products I love.

It was never the intent to dishonor the anthem, soldiers, or any of that. Those doing it then and now have continued to say as much. That was chosen because that is the moment they could get the cameras to pick it up and people to take notice of it. A benign moment is not going to make it to TV and not get attention or recognition. Now there are certainly some other reasons depending on the individual.

Now was using the anthem a bad choice of moments to use to get the real point across? I can certainly argue it was a bad choice. You didn't need to be a genius to figure out that there would be an extremely large number of people who would take offense to it, make a huge deal of it, that no matter what is said by those protesting, the upset people will not actually listen to the words and meaning the protesting people provide, and result in the real message/point those kneeling were trying to get across get lost simply because of the chosen moment.

I was reading about what occurred at the NY vs SF game and that seems like a better approach. Everyone took a knee before the anthem and had black ribbons. They had a moment of silence, then stood for the anthem. Well, except for one SF player who said he didn't take a knee because he only does that for God. If nothing else that's just a reminder that no matter what anyone does or doesn't do you cant find a solution that works for everyone. That's the case for pretty much everything in life.

What I find entertaining is that many of the people who get worked up over the taking the knee during the anthem are the same people who will say being required to wear a mask during COVID19 is infringement on their freedoms. Well, doing whatever the F one wants do during the anthem should fall under that same freedom as an American. There is no law or such which requires one to stand. And forcing people to pledge their devotion to their country, anthem, and such is the same thing communist countries do (though there really are not any true communist countries, rather spin offs of communism)

Last edited:
Hey Masters we can agree that definitely during the National Anthem was a crappy time.

Mask wearing and intolerance to kneeling????

You might be on to something....lol

Stay safe

I don't give a shit when they kneel. If they do it during a sports program, I am turning it off. I get enough fake news out of the 24/7 365 news cycle, I don't need to see indoctrinated lies during my brief escape to sports. If I see it, I'm not watching. Do your job. The end.

I'm a lily white conservative independent. I served my country and have zero problem with this choice of protest. I don't believe they're disrespecting the anthem or our country. They see a problem that shows no signs of stopping and are using their position to bring further attention to it.

And TBPP, when the anthem is finished and they made their point they do "do their job".

I'm really curious to see how the networks handle this. If they choose not to show the anthem live that could stir up a whole new thing.

And TBPP, when the anthem is finished and they made their point they do "do their job".

The job doesn't start when the whistle sounds. And their liberal protestation based on lies does not end after the whistle sounds either. The announcers talk about it throughout the game, show it over and over, and then you have to watch it on sportscenter too. How about if I want to watch a bunch of political lies, allow me to turn to one of the 6 24/7 365 news networks, and I can get it from there. Let sports be sports. Or don't and turn off millions who are looking to sports as a break from the rest of the world's nonsense.

I would not disrespect our national anthem. or other countries. Why ? because it does bother other people.
I don't even care for our song. America the Beautiful. God Bless America, would be my choice.

It's no crime in knelling. just like cursing words or the N word etc just bother people. so out of courtesy don't do it.
in this case do your knelling before the kickoff. we would see you then.

Well I'm skipping the Nat'l Anthem and the BLM song whatever the fuck it is... All of these privledged athletes can kiss my WHITE ASS!.. Same goes for Drew Brees who cow towed.. All BLM does is cause more divide.. And hasn't lifted one finger to help the Black Community they supposedly represent... They can all take a high flying FUCK!

Top Bottom