NFL Draft - Who do the Browns want for a Receiver from the 2022 draft. | Page 24 | Barking Hard

NFL Draft Who do the Browns want for a Receiver from the 2022 draft.

This FO doesn't strike me as the kind of guys who are fearful of drafting, whether that is trading up or down in the draft at any point or selecting a player who fans generally are not familiar with.
If one were to be completely honest with themselves they are only going to know the names of players from top teams in college football. There are few folks not working for NFL franchises that are going to actually have watched or know about players across the entire college football landscape

the NFL media are just loving the browns draft.this makes no sense though at all because emerson was rated at over 100 on everyones BB's (generous as most have him @150) to a man.everybody and not just emerson, alex wright too was rated at or @ 100. that means terrible value and a terrible draft.the PFF guys did give it a blast and a C but most are giving out B's.this is the 1st A+ Ive seen.the honest grade is a D. the 1st 3 players we picked represent terrible draft value according to the boards.
it seems AB is the NFL draftnicks sweetheart who can do no wrong.people are contorting them selves into pretzels trying to make this a good browns draft,which by any fair measure it aint.Ive been an AB supporter until now. sorry,its a bad draft.period.

the pic above has 18 A+,over half the NFL had an A+ draft? c'mon man.
starters come in the 1st 2 rounds,everyone knows that thumb rule.so we trade out of that round and we draft depth players when we could have drafted a starter or 2. talk about settling for 2nd place.win now teams should never trade back.

Last edited:
Everyones big board? Who is everyone? The media?

Let's see how any of the NFL draft picks actually do in the NFL. There are very few guaranteed starters in any NFL draft in any round.

Everyones big board? Who is everyone? The media?
no my fu&king neighbours cousins mom. YES the media and all draftniks, anyoine who posts a BB.dont take my word for it
go look for yourself.lets just pull one out of the skyy moore and have a look.I honesty dont know but lets see what
draftek has him and alex at.looking now in real time.yup just like I thought #102
martin emerson 102 thats behind 5 other better CB's. and we get a B? how so? and alex wright? lets look him up.
DAMN! #272! alex wright #272 you see? everyone gushing over these picks is a goddamn liar!
the 1st 3 players we picked represent terrible draft value according to the boards.

Last edited:
The NFL scouts draft players based on a lot of different things. This scouting report from Walter Football lists very few weaknesses and one of them is he had only one INT. To me that's not an indication of how talented a CB is. One has to look into things like scheme to better assess why only one INT. That's what has been floated out there about Emerson, I'm not sure where I heard it now, but the Browns believe Emerson's skill set was not utilized properly in college. They think they got good value for a big developmental CB. Same for Alex Wright and that's pretty much where I'm at.

We have a good enough team where 2nd and 3rd round draft picks are going to struggle to start and maybe even get in a rotation. Had we stayed at 44 we might get a guy who starts at WR. That's it. The rest are where we're at right now struggling to get into a rotation. Greedy will be gone after this year as well as AJ Green and we do not have a 1st round pick next year.

I'm guessing Browns fans are going to be disappointed with their spring SB for the next couple of years cause we are not adding any great players anytime soon via the draft.

The NFL scouts draft players based on a lot of different things. This scouting report from Walter Football lists very few weaknesses and one of them is he had only one INT. To me that's not an indication of how talented a CB is. One has to look into things like scheme to better assess why only one INT. That's what has been floated out there about Emerson, I'm not sure where I heard it now, but the Browns believe Emerson's skill set was not utilized properly in college. They think they got good value for a big developmental CB. Same for Alex Wright and that's pretty much where I'm at.

We have a good enough team where 2nd and 3rd round draft picks are going to struggle to start and maybe even get in a rotation. Had we stayed at 44 we might get a guy who starts at WR. That's it. The rest are where we're at right now struggling to get into a rotation. Greedy will be gone after this year as well as AJ Green and we do not have a 1st round pick next year.

I'm guessing Browns fans are going to be disappointed with their spring SB for the next couple of years cause we are not adding any great players anytime soon via the draft.

Ahh here we go.. The Browns thinking they're smarter than everyone again... LOL We shall see... Historically they have not been the greatest talent evaluators since the return no matter whose is at the controls... This team is NOT going to the SB unless an act of God occurs... You know.. Seeing is believing with this team... Except Dorsey did pretty good.. AB has been so so...

no my fu&king neighbours cousins mom. YES the media and all draftniks, anyoine who posts a BB.dont take my word for it
go look for yourself.lets just pull one out of the skyy moore and have a look.I honesty dont know but lets see what
draftek has him and alex at.looking now in real time.yup just like I thought #102
martin emerson 102 thats behind 5 other better CB's. and we get a B? how so? and alex wright? lets look him up.
DAMN! #272! alex wright #272 you see? everyone gushing over these picks is a goddamn liar!
Emerson 60 on Bleacher report BB. Well ght 108 on their BB.

Not that media draft boards mean anything. They are far more wrong then they are right.

Fans or media gushing/praising draft picks at this point is meaningless

you found the one BB with him ranked high? well done.and how many where he was ranked below 68?.hey you could be right, he could be great but If were accessing the draft honestly. it wasnt a good draft.

But it's up to AB and his scouts to determine for themselves who they think is good and who they think they will pass on. We can only hope they hit on a starter in each of the next three drafts.

Two starters if we had a 1st round pick, but that's just me.

Ahh here we go.. The Browns thinking they're smarter than everyone again... LOL We shall see... Historically they have not been the greatest talent evaluators since the return no matter whose is at the controls... This team is NOT going to the SB unless an act of God occurs... You know.. Seeing is believing with this team... Except Dorsey did pretty good.. AB has been so so...
I don't think this FO believes they're smarter than everyone else. I think they scout players and rank them as best as they can until draft day. Then stick to their board that they developed from their own analysis. Optimally that would be the way to run the draft.

The logistics of the draft I think AB has down. Like moving up and down for extra picks or to get the guy they want as they did with JOK and Delpit. Truth is we don't know exactly how well this FO drafted last year outside of Newsome and JOK, but those guys were the first and second round picks who both look to be Pro Bowl type of talents. JOK in the second round was a no brainer and I don't know why so many teams didn't take a shot on him in the second round even with the medical concerns. Easily better than Isaiah Simmons the year before who was taken 8th overall by Arizona.

you found the one BB with him ranked high? well done.and how many where he was ranked below 68?.hey you could be right, he could be great but If were accessing the draft honestly. it wasnt a good draft.
First one that shows on a Google search.

Neither you nor I, or anyone in the media can access the draft honestly.

It was a draft. Just as it was for all 32 teams. We shall all see how good or bad any teams draft was in a few years

This going to be the story of the Browns draft. We were gonna draft Metchie, but then the Texans called.

“Instead of Metchie, whom the Texans grabbed at No. 44, they wound up with Mississippi State cornerback Martin Emerson at 68, Oklahoma defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey at 108 and LSU kicker Cade York at No. 124.” per Cleveland.com

So, it’s on:

• Metchie
Vs
• Emerson
• Winfrey
• York

… and in a way, DPJ vs Metchie, if DPJ starts as WR2.

For this to be a bad-trade for the Browns:

Mitchie needs to ball out, and Emerson, Winfrey, York, and WR2 have to suck.

This going to be the story of the Browns draft. We were gonna draft Metchie, but then the Texans called.

“Instead of Metchie, whom the Texans grabbed at No. 44, they wound up with Mississippi State cornerback Martin Emerson at 68, Oklahoma defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey at 108 and LSU kicker Cade York at No. 124.” per Cleveland.com

So, it’s on:

• Metchie
Vs
• Emerson
• Winfrey
• York

… and in a way, DPJ vs Metchie, if DPJ starts as WR2.

For this to be a bad-trade for the Browns:

Mitchie needs to ball out, and Emerson, Winfrey, York, and WR2 have to suck.
Metchie might also barely play this year considering he tore his ACL in December

I expect to win the lottery. Expecting and reality are often different. Players who have torn their ACL have taken 9-12 months before they are back playing.

If the kid is back on the field playing in contact in 6 months good on him and his doctors. But I will believe it when I see it

Same here to a degree, but the 9-12 months rule isn't as much as a thing anymore with newer repair techniques.

Case and point... I broke both my tibiya and fibula in my lower right leg back in 09... Plus my right ankle was shattered all to hell.. The Orthopedic Surgeon I had was phenomenal.. He told me had I had this happen 20 years earlier... Chances are I would've been relegated to a wheel chair the rest of my life... I still have a titanium rod left in my right calf... Medicine has come a long way in the last 30 years...

Top Bottom