Why not draft Zeke? | Barking Hard

Why not draft Zeke?

Tom Freeman

Awards
I can hear the criticism now...I'm just a Buckeye homer, right? But with the no. 2 pick, why not lock up a game-changing RB like Zeke Elliott? I just don't believe that what you get out of Goff or Wentz is worth a #2...why let the Cowboys get him at #4? Start the noise now....Ezekiel Elliott to the Browns with the second pick of the 2016 NFL Draft!!!!

I like it, but not at #2.

We could get Zeke and more by trading down with SF or Dallas or the Rams or all three.

There's a lot of depth in this draft in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

But it all depends on what Hue thinks of Goff and/or Wentz. If he thinks one of those guys can be the man, we're taking them at #2.

I'd love for us to trade down several times from #2 to #4 with Dallas (getting another high #2) and again with SF from #4 to #7 (adding another high #2) and again with the Rams from #7 to #15 (adding another #2).

Then we take Zeke with the Rams pick and get a bunch of good 2nd round picks. We'd end up with Zeke and 3 more 2nd round picks plus whatever else we could get in the trades

Just a pipe dream, I know. We're probably taking a QB at #2.

Because last time we took a RB that high it just worked out so well. You just don't take a RB that high. It's that simple. We need a QB. Martin's right though, that it really depends on if Hue "falls in love" if you will, with Goff or Wentz. A trade down, let alone several, would make my head spin but furthermore I just don't think it's a good way to land a QB. But I understand your preference, Martin.

We need a QB at 2, it kind of sucks.

Top Bottom