5. Taint Me 7-7 1581 pts
6. Ramrods 7-7 1579 pts
7. BIG Dawgs 6-7-1 1580 pts
8. WOOF WOOF WOOF 6-8 1695 pts
9. Team DangeRuss 6-8 1640 pts
10. WarrenDawg 6-8 1635 pts
11. FML 4-10 1725 pts
12. TheNoblePhilSavages 3-11 1570 pts

Back in 1972 there was a 12 days of Christmas song that was set up for the Monday Night Football Crew aimed at beating the Dolphins. My family actually had the record and it was sang by someone who impersonated Howard Cosell extremely well. Anyway, here ya go as transcribed by David Samuel Barr

"The Twelve Days of Christmas (The Game Plan to Beat Miami)"
[adaptation by Santoni-Rosmini-Jacobs; Warner Bros. Music (ASCAP)]
The Monday Morning Quarterback with the Grossmont High School Pep Band
Produced by Ron Jacobs
Warner Bros. Records WB 7664 [released 1972]

On the first day of Christmas, old Dandy gave to me
The game plan to beat Miami.

On the second day of Christmas, The Giffer says to me,

"I'll lay a fin on that game plan to beat Miami."

On the third day of Christmas, George Allen gave to me

His Larry Brown, plus Giffer's fin,
And my game plan to beat Miami.

On the fourth day of Christmas, Muhammed says to me,

"Hope I ain't rude, Jan Stenerud, he's just a dude,
And he's guaranteed to get three."

On the fifth day of Christmas, guess who comes up to me?

Big Ray Nitschke.
Jan Stenerud, Larry Brown, plus The Giffer's fin
And the game plan to beat Miami.

On the sixth day of Christmas, my sponsor says to me:

...and you won't believe this... "Griese's not playing."
No kidding. The insolence of office never ceases to amaze me. Never.
Big Ray Nitschke.
Jan Stenerud, Larry Brown, plus The Giffer's fin
And the game plan to beat Miami.

On the seventh day of Christmas...And here let me digress for a moment,

and tell you about one of the most fantastic trading coups ever pulled
in the history of professional football.
I not only acquired Gene Washington, I got the other Gene Washington
as well, and they'll be a great help
In my game plan to beat Miami.

On the eighth day of Christmas the swindling continues.

This time I get Ronnie Johnson out of the Giants,
The Rams cough up Merlin Olsen, a perfect complement for
Big Ray Nitschke.
Jan Stenerud, Larry Brown, plus The Giffer's fin.
That's the game plan to beat Miami.

Days numbers nine, ten and eleven: hectic ones.

But then, surprise among surprises,for reasons unknown to this reporter,
Dwayne Thomas, the brillant but troubled running sensation says he's
considering showing up.
So now with maybe Dwayne Thomas, I need a quarterback, the best in the
business. I call the bars in Manhattan searching for Joe Willie Namath.
Can I find him in time? We've gotta have Joe Willie today.

On the twelfth day of Christmas, I find my Joe Willie.

He's not been drinking.
Could beat Dwayne Thomas.
(No, he's still thinking.)
Olsen and Johnson,
Gene and Gene Washington,
Jan Stenerud,
Larry Brown,
Big Ray Nitschke.
Yeah, but even so, a guy like Shula never blows,
So I'll take the Dolphins by 3.

Last edited:
I haven"t had the heart to check....but from the sidelines I feel like I got bitchslapped. Good fking roster Iron Haden! hope you win!

WOW! I'll write it all up officially tomorrow night but congrats to BrownOut (TheBestPlayersPlay) for earning their way into the finals to face Iron Haden (Koa). Congrats to Iron Haden as well for staying on track with their mission into the finals vrs a very worthy opponent. It'll be fun to see how it all plays out between these 2 heavyweights.

Stay tuned for the writeup tomorrow night!

As you were...,
Flugel

I can't believe I beat you, I was watching the day play out thinking I was getting my ass whipped because most of my guys turned in dismal performances this week ...but your guys let you down even more. Wow.

PLAYOFFS:
#1 Iron Haden 223 #4 Da Comets 115
Here comes Santa Claus
here comes Santa Claus
right during playoff week
Calvin Johnson, Aaron Hernandez, Tony Romo and the Philly McCoy
One scored 52, one scored 31 and 2 others had 33.
They are going to the finals
to face a very good team
It is BrownOut and it's on so please stay very very tuned...

Da Comets found Matthew Stafford as their lone star with 42 points but they really had nothing to be ashamed of considering how many fantasy teams in the Universe would have outscored the Iron Haden Express this past weekend. Da Comets will face Drink Beer in the 3rd place game. Even better, it gives them a chance to punctuate their season on a winning note.

#3 BrownOut 119 #2 Drink Beer 99
Deck the opponent with 10 wins falalalalalalalala
Tis the season to make it happen falalalalalalalala
Rodgers scored 24, Gerhart added 21 falalalalalalala
Now they're facing Iron Haden - falalalalalalalala.

BrownOut stayed focused down the stretch as they've been in competitive playoff mode for the last 3-4 weeks. It is worth noting that BrownOut had the 2nd highest point total heading into the playoffs so don't go thinking they haven't earned the right to be in the championship. This should be an exciting matchup in the finals. David wasn't supposed to beat Goliath any more than the Kyle Orton and Romeo Crennel led Chiefs were supposed to scalp the Packers. Meanwhile, Drink Beer gets another week to throw a starting lineup at an opponent in the league's equivalence to a bronze medal game vrs Da Comets. A front office spokesman from Drink Beer said they had a blast this season regardless of how the post season goes. It was a wonderful distraction to another disappointing football season in Cleveland.

CONSOLATION:
#5 Taint Me 84 #8 WOOF WOOF WOOF 76
Roddy White had 40 points in tandem with Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis' 12 points to lead Taint me over WOOF WOOF WOOF. Cam Newton contested Taint Me with 22 points but it wasn't enough. Taint me will play Ramrods for 5th place. WOOF WOOF WOOF will play the BIG Dawgs for 7th place.

#6 Ramrods 143 #7 BIG Dawgs 115
Ramrods received 34 points from Seattle's defense as well as 23 points apiece from Steven Jackson and Michael Vick in their victory the BIG Dawgs. Tom Brady had 35 points for the BIG Dawgs but it wasn't enough. Ramrods will face Taint Me to see who is the proud winner of the Consolation Bracket. The BIG Dawgs have another week to enjoy competing as well vrs WOOF WOOF WOOF. Should be fun for all parties.

Last edited:
I feel like Jackie Moon from semi pro. "wahoo, 4th place!"

I only win if I play hiway or daqueen.....

I hope all you sick basterds had fun! I know you didn't use up all your testosterone so I'm looking forward to seeing you all back here next year. Not to speak for Hiway; but I would REALLY love it if she faced off with Ramrods during a PMS bout. Timing is everything they say.

While it sucks playing for 3rd place - I'm thankful I get another week to put together a starting lineup. I just realized I'm playing against Solon and rumor has it he's been spotted in the Lone-star State wearing his Dirty Santa Claus uniform. Never a dull moment.

Merry Christmas!

I hope all you sick basterds had fun! I know you didn't use up all your testosterone so I'm looking forward to seeing you all back here next year. Not to speak for Hiway; but I would REALLY love it if she faced off with Ramrods during a PMS bout. Timing is everything they say.

While it sucks playing for 3rd place - I'm thankful I get another week to put together a starting lineup. I just realized I'm playing against Solon and rumor has it he's been spotted in the Lone-star State wearing his Dirty Santa Claus uniform. Never a dull moment.

Merry Christmas!

Was I caught on camera stuffing a salmon in my coat again? Merry Christmas Tomasino

Color me impressed, I didn't see a lopsided loss coming. Doubt Romo playing would've helped matters either.

Kudos BrownOut

If anyone can get 64 points out of 2 players - it would be Iron Haden. Ingram isn't playing so that means more reps and receptions for Sproles while Lance Moore might not play so that also means more reps and receptions for Colston.

This could be an exciting conclusion to a very FUN season. Good job and congrats to both of you guys in the Championship. I'll write it all up tomorrow night!

Evan royster and khalil bell were hellova pair of pickups last minute especially since my Rb's shat the bed! Thank you Jimmy Graham...MVP!

Evan royster and khalil bell were hellova pair of pickups last minute especially since my Rb's shat the bed! Thank you Jimmy Graham...MVP!

You had a nice finish this year Solon. Congrats! I'll go write it up.

Top Bottom