5. WOOF WOOF WOOF 3-2 707 pts
6. WarrenDawg 3-2 673 pts
7. Team DangeRuss 3-2 632 pts
8. Taint me 2-3 545 pts
9. Ramrods 2-3 491 pts
10. TheNoblePhilSavages 1-4 569 pts
11. BIG Dawgs 1-4 531 pts
12. FML 0-5 645 pts

Here's where we are headed. I don't know if anyone ever looks at Yahoo's pink velvet zipper fabric version of point spreads. Therefore, I thought I'd wrist bend these point spreads to yuz all. Anyway, these are determined on the current tentative starting lineups that will probably all get changed within the next 24 hours rendering the purpose of spread to peanut butter and bread:

Ramrods @ WOOF WOOF WOOF
WOOF WOOF WOOF is favored by 22. Not to throw gas on a lingering rivalry but where do you think FML just put sonw some serious $$$$? WOOF3 doesn't really care about that as much as catching up with the 3 teams tied for first place.

FML @ Taint Me
FML is favored by 26. This matchup features 2 very competitive teams just looking for better luck. The good news is one of them will win unless karma throws an unmerciful changeup ending this in a tie.

BIG Dawgs @ Team DangeRuss
BIG Dawgs are favored by 15. More specifically, we've got the BIG Dawgs vrs the Underdogs. Ironically, it's the favored team that really needs the win a little more than the opponent. Is there a dinner riding on this one between the 2 teams? Stay tuned...

BrownOut @ TheNoblePhilSavages
BrownOut is favored by 62. And people think the Oakland Raiders have an outrageous home crowd. Drink Beer said they felt like the picture screen of a Rocky Horror movie when they suffered their first loss there. When they glanced into the crowd, there was a sing that read: "Welcome to Hell - where the men are men, the women are too and the sheep are scared." Talk about wanting to get the flock outta there.

WarrenDawg @ Iron Haden
Iron Haden is favored by 56. WarrenDawg plans on showing up anyway because they play some serious ball when they get seanded by Gibson Guitars. We'll see who's adrenaline and testoterone rises to the occasion in this week's version of the Music City Bowl.

Drink Beer @ Da Comets
Drink Beer is favored by 35. Da Comets aren't the 2nd highest scoring team by accident. It looks like they are being hit hard by the bye week; but this might be an example of injury helping their cause. Here's why. Da Comets capitalized by inserting Ryan Torain in their starting lineup when the Redskins are working around nagging injuries to Tim Hightower. They pretty much show us that you can't take a Rip Van Winkle nap follwing a draft regardless of how well you draft.

I don't know if anyone ever looks at Yahoo's pink velvet zipper fabric version of point spreads. Therefore, I thought I'd wrist bend these point spreads to yuz all.

Where are those spread things??

And please, no wrist bending just yet...I can't take it!!!!! OUCH!!!!!

It only took 6 weeks. But I am victorious.

Now the 5th highest scoring team in the league, yet rank 11th at 1-5.

Shame on me.

Now the 5th highest scoring team in the league, yet rank 11th at 1-5

One season on an NFL.com league, I kid you not my team scored the most points in the league, but I also gave up the most points, and missed the playoffs by one spot because of overall record even though I had the best divisional record. Play long enough and you'll eventually see everything I guess.

Sorry for the delay folks - I'll write up the week 6 results and standings tonight.

One season on an NFL.com league, I kid you not my team scored the most points in the league, but I also gave up the most points, and missed the playoffs by one spot because of overall record even though I had the best divisional record. Play long enough and you'll eventually see everything I guess.

Yeah, this isn't the first time I've had this dilemma. To be honest, it's like a once a year thing haha.

I think I've been playing for around 12 years, so imagine how much heartbreak I've had.

Ramrods (3-3) 102 WOOF WOOF WOOF (3-3) 88
Ramrods power steered to victory via the engines of Michael Vick and Steven Jackson for 18 and 15 points respectively. The team who cried Woof or stuttered it 3 times in a row fought back with 23 points from Jordy Nelson and 16 points from Jahvid Best. Today both teams are right in the thick of a playoff hunt without feeling like they gotta dress in camaflouge and wear deer piss. That said, this columnist does not want to speak for Ramrods.

FML (1-5) 144 Taint Me (2-4) 92
FML consumed some of his home made NFL Soup and rode the shoulders of Ahmad Bradshaw and Michael Turner for 37 and 31 points. Taint Me ran into bye week obstacles. However, got some good production from Anquan Boldin's 26 points and Andy Dalton's 16. Does anyone want to tell Andy Dalton that kids from Texas with freckles aren't supposed to be good QBs or throw spirals? As for FML, they transformed from Dead Poets Society into a little We Know-its Variety. FML wanted our columnists to publicly advise Ramrods if he needs to barrow any points "don't call us - we'll call you!" Love is in the air...

BIG Dawgs (2-4) 94 Team DangeRuss (3-3) 86
The BIG Dawgs applied a Brown Warrior mentality as they looked to a handsome QB born and raised in California. Good thing too, because they relied heavily on Tom Brady's 20 points while Arian Foster chipped in another 15. Team DangeRuss learned it wasn't a breeze as they looked to Drew Brees for 22 points and Stevie Johnson added another 14 points.

BrownOut (5-1) 135 TheNoblePhilSavages (1-5) 123
We're gradually learning when in doubt BrownOut. Good Lord! They have the high paid ARod who's actually wonderful on game day as 34 points last week epitomizes. The also have the New York Jets Defense with a cornerback named Revis who can return INTs 102 yards so their defense can score 27 points for BrownOut. TheNoblePhilSavages didn't appreciate that either because they score 123 points thanks in large to Frank Gore's 27 and Ray Rice's 26 points. This was a shootout that was impacted by Revis Island. BrownOut has been scoring alot of points this year while TheNoblePhilSavages seem to be scoring more points in recent weekends.

Iron Haden (5-1) 155 WarrenDawg (3-3) 139
Iron Haden's game day message to every opponent in the realm of actions speaking louder than words is "if you ain't cryin - we ain't tryin." Gee, ya think? Marques Colston lead all scorers with 29 points while LeSean McCoy provided another 26 points to catapult Iron Haden to the largest point total again this week. The good news is WarrenDawg kept a great attitude and had some offensive fun of their own. Rashard Mendenhall ignited a PA spark with 25 points while Jeremy Maclin added some brotherly love with 20 points. We apologize for our mistake in calling this the Music City Bowl between 2 teams that LOVE guitars amping up. The scoring outburst exceeded our expectations so we re-named this one at halftime the Deci-Bowl.

Drink Beer (5-1) 129 Da Comets (3-3) 95
Drink Beer needed to take advantage of the bye week and did. Freddy Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick Buffaloed the opponent with 32 points and 17. Da Comets gave it a valiant fight in spite of depth issues and received 29 points from Josh Freeman and 224 points from Jimmy Graham. Lucky for Da Comets they just looked to Ditka Jr (Ramrods) for one of those blockbuster trades the Ditkas are best known for like Ricky Williams for an entire draft volume. Only this one was even more generous. Da Comets are getting Matthew Stafford (158 points on the season) in exchange for Vincent Jackson (90 points on the season).

STANDINGS:
1. Iron Haden 5-1 939 pts
2. BrownOut 5-1 853 pts
3. Drink Beer 5-1 778 pts
4. Da Comets 3-3 840 pts
5. WarrenDawg 3-3 812 pts
6. WOOF WOOF WOOF 3-3 795 pts
7. Team DangeRuss 3-3 718 pts
8. Ramrods 3-3 593 pts
9. Taint Me 2-4 637 pts
10. BIG Dawgs 2-4 625 pts
11. FML 1-5 789 pts
12. TheNoblePhilSavages 1-5 692 pts

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Koa
In honor of all those teams that won this week and to FML getting their first win...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoeYD_r2uDQ"]Classic Ditka - YouTube[/ame]

Top Bottom