Woof Pack - Week 9 | Barking Hard

Woof Pack - Week 9

Flugel

Awards
Heading into week # 9 there's a few important announcements. First, the deadline for all trades is Friday November 18th as displayed in Yahoo. Second, the regular season is only 14 games long BECAUSE week 17 usually has alot of elite players resting for playoffs. That being the case, we want to make sure the 4 teams that earn playoff spots here don't get handcuffed losing some of their best players. Third, the Thursday Night Games begin on November 10th (next week) so please plan accordingly.

Understanding there are only 4 playoff slots offered to 12 teams, the team currently holding the 4th spot has a 4-4 record with only 4 points seperating them and the next team. In addition, that means teams with 2 wins are only 2 games back. Point? ALL 12 teams are still alive with 6 regular season games remaining. For the arithmetically challenged, there's 14 regular season games. EVERY point counts so make sure you think about that before you allow yourself to be that team that starts someone who is injured or on a bye week. There's 4 playoff teams and 4 more pool teams (deciding rankings from 5 to 8).

I received alot of positive feedback about our 2 leagues remaining competitive from start to finish last year. That would NOT have been possible if we had a bunch of participants giving up early. Because I'm also competing in the league, you NEVER want me to take over someone's roster as Commish that didn't honor their commitment. Reason? What if I have to ADD a player for that person that somebody I'm competing with also needs? Conflict of interest? You bet it is. I've been fortunate because our leagues here and on our previous board also remained competitive from start to finish. Unfortunately, this got complicated for the guy running a money league I was in 1 year because he thought he needed to step in and do the right thing. When $ is on the line, you can't make rules as you go if it wasn't clearly spelled out ahead of time. HOWEVER, the teams that already benefitted from beating a vacated roster full of inactives wanted the person in charge to start making the vacated roster compete so they could maintain that unfair 1 game lead established via beating the unattended to roster. Turns out, that Commish had to leave a bellyup roster for all opponents to enjoy once a precedent was already set and he realized he never spelled things out before the season. Rationale was the commish couldn't could't just reward 1 or 2 opponents and then yank it away for all the following opponents especially if there was money riding on it. Luckily, we haven't had to worry about this last year or previous years for all you that came from the old board.

That's why Hiway and me take the time out to make the extra step and post the results and writeups here. She's done a fabulous job writing up the Kevin Mack league for Riffer Goodell. Above all, remember these leagues don't belong to 2 commissioners. They belong to 24 participants.

ON DECK:
Drink Beer vrs WOOF WOOF WOOF
Warren Dawg vrs Ramrods
BrownOut vrs FML
BIG Dawgs vrs Da Comets
TheNoblePhilSavages vrs Iron Haden
Taint Me vrs Team DangeRuss

STANDINGS:
1. Iron Haden 7-1 1227 pts
2. Drink Beer 7-1 1051 pts
3. BrownOut 6-2 1060 pts
4. WarrenDawg 4-4 998 pts
5. WOOF WOOF WOOF 4-4 994 pts
6. Taint Me 4-4 860 pts
7. Da Comets 3-5 1042 pts
8. Team DangeRuss 3-5 938 pts
9. BIG Dawgs 3-5 862 pts
10. Ramrods 3-5 819 pts
11. FML 2-6 976 pts
12. TheNoblePhilSavages 2-6 951 pts

Last edited:
Those bye weeks are TOUGH!!!!

Everyone should remember that you need to get your rosters set early AND don't forget to make your picks in the pick 'ems!

STANDINGS:
1. Iron Haden 8-1 1381 pts
2. Drink Beer 7-2 1157 pts
3. BrownOut 6-3 1143 pts
4. WOOF WOOF WOOF 5-4 1118 pts
5. WarrenDawg 4-5 1103 pts
6. Team DangeRuss 4-5 1051 pts
7. BIG Dawgs 4-5 979 pts
8. Ramrods 4-5 978 pts
9. Taint Me 4-5 967 pts
10. FML 4-5 1119 pts
11. Da Comets 3-6 1110 pts
12. TheNoblePhilSavages 2-7 1059 pts

SUMMARY:
WOOF WOOF WOOF 126 Drink Beer 106
Nothing says "Welcome to Canada" quite like a steel toe right between the lookers. Philip Niagra Rivers scored 38 points while Jordy Nelson added 26 points to lead WOOF WOOF WOOF to victory. Eli Manning countered with 21 points and Jason Witten added 17 points to prevent Drink Beer from going over the falls. Lucky for Drink Beer they got good prices on Molson to forget the beat down. WOOF WOOF WOOF is now 5-4 and Drink Beer is 7-2.

BIG Dawgs 117 Da Comets 68
The BIG Dawgs heated up thanks to Arian Foster's 30 points and Tom Brady's 24 points. Someone said sic em and they found alot of their favorite bones inside Da Comets uniforms. The Comets got solid performances from Josh Freeman and Larry Fitzgerald for 17 and 14 points respectively. The outcome of the game improved the BIG Dawgs to 4-5 and dropped Da Comets to 3-6.

Ramrods 159 WarrenDawg 105
Vincent Van Gogh Jackson had a starry starry night with 44 points and just to prevent any potential suffering for their sanity - DeMarco Murray added 26 points for the Ramrods. What's next - Bye Bye Miss American Pie? Good Lord! WarrenDawg received 27 points from Matt Ryan and 18 more from Matt Forte; but there weren't enough matts to get up off the matt. Both teams are now 4-5 as Ramrod was overhead: "Give me liberty or just beer!" He ain't right, which means he's just right.

Iron Haden 153 TheNoblePhilSavages 108
Speaking of ain't right, guess who ain't wrong while he ain't right? Iron Freaken Haden, make that - Iron FREAKIN Haden. You show up to play that team and they'll toss you around like a tornado. They're ragdollin everyone in sight. Give your soul to God because your ass belongs to Iron FREAKIN Haden! Wes Welker scored 28 points and Tony Romo contributed 24 for Iron Haden to overcome the 23 points apiece from Reggie's Bush-and-tush and Ben Roethlisberger. Iron Haden is 8-1 and the Noble ones are 2-7.

FML 143 BrownOut 83
FML brings a bunch of hitters and no quitters every week. I've been impressed by how well they've blocked people all season. Now they're starting to figure out they have to rathouse the opponent because the close games just haven't rewarded them. This little bit of extra giddyup and get after it has led to more points and an orientation right in the playoff hunt. Brandon Marshall scored 29 points and Antonio Gates tacked on another 23 points to lead FML to victory. BrownOut got 38 points Aaron Rodgers and 15 from Jermichael Finley, FML is now 3-6 while BrownOut is 6-3.

Team DangeRuss 113 Taint Me 107
When Team DangeRuss came off the bus singing dislexic Christmas carols like "Deck the focker with the earring" - they had some untapped testosterone that needed to be exercised. To back such a statement, Julio Jones went electric with 36 points while Drew Brees threw in another 22 points to lead DangeRuss to a tough fought victory. When someone asked which of the opponents were wearing earrings they went Barbershop harmony chorus with "Taint Me." Rob Gronkowski's 29 points and Anquan Boldin's 15 provided the lead vocals. Both teams are now 4-5, which means they're still battling for elbow room in the chase for 4 playoff spots.

Week 10 - Beginning Thursday Night:

Iron Haden (8-1) vrs Team DangeRuss (4-5)

TheNoblePhilSavages (2-7) vrs Da Comets (3-6)

BIG Dawgs (4-5) vrs FML (3-6)

BrownOut (6-3) vrs Ramrods (4-5)

WarrenDawg (4-5) vrs WOOF WOOF WOOF (5-4)

Drink Beer (7-2) vrs Taint Me (4-5)

Last edited:
Top Bottom