World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego! | Barking Hard

World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego!

OconRecon

If you're juiceless, you're useless
Awards
#RallyTogether
#GoTribe

Can't believe it! Miller was an insane acquisition. Tito always seems to pull the pitcher a batter or two before I think he should, and it seems he's always right. Masterful even. Future HoF-er.

Getting past the Sox without Cookie and Salazar, and then losing Bauer too, and getting by the Jays with the drone induced staff-start and a totally green rookie in Merritt to earn the trip - well, you can't make this stuff up!

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20ALCS-master768.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed 100% op. The stars are aligning. Have you ever seen this kind of pitching in the post season in your life? Our bats have been pretty silent and the pitching phenomenal. And what a combination up the middle. I just love Lindor. I think he is our MVP. And the love he and Kip have shows through big time. The common theme is play the right way and go out and have fun. What a fun team to watch! Go Tribe!!!!!

I said awhile back this team is fun to watch. Ya'll late, but welcome to the bandwagon brothers.

Good to be back on the bandwagon. I hope this doesn't mean I've been a fair weather fan. :) (I've been a tribe fan since I can remember)

I've been a fan since the 1970's.

"Double header jacket day" locked me in as a young'in at Municipal. #ThunderThornton

I quit being a MLB fan when they let Joe Carter go over $$$$ in 1989 ish. quit getting my money that I had spent watching garbage since Leon Wagner The Rock etc

Spent $1,000 on 2 World Series tickets in 1997 that still could not get my mojo back for baseball. and they won that game in freezing weather.

But would like to see them pull this out for My Town C-Town just all that Tribal stuff. lol

Last edited:

"Double header jacket day" locked me in as a young'in at Municipal. #ThunderThornton
I remember getting those little red wooden souvenir bats. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that these days, huh?

How bout .10 beer night? :) I remember buying $3 bleacher seats and sitting behind home plate because there were only 4000 people in old Cleveland stadium. I did get an autograph from Joe Tate and Pete Franklin though. Damn I'm getting old.

Ahhh the good ol' days??!

Watching for shit baseball for just a few bucks and slamming the seats during a rally. Moving to way better seats than ya paid for. You can still get away with "upgrading" your seat...in April and May. ;)

Who's the announcers for the series and I guess it doesn't matter if the Cubs make it 'cause the media shitstorm will be grossly over the top for the Cubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Go Dodgers!

Who's the announcers for the series and I guess it doesn't matter if the Cubs make it 'cause the media shitstorm will be grossly over the top for the Cubs.

- - - Updated - - -

Go Dodgers!

Yes I was watching MLB Tonight this morning and all they talked about were the Cubs. Dodgers don't have a chance and no mention of the Tribe and world series in the same sentence. More of the same from the media.....

Candidly (yes i'm making fun of Jimmy), I can't decide who I'd rather see them play.....from the standpoint of who would be an easier kill. Too hard to know...impossible to know for certain. In either case, we would be the underdog media-wise...and we seem to be thriving in that roll...so I am heartened by that.

I think playing the Cubs would be the best case story-wise....2 starving baseball franchises....the Cubs being the more suffering of the 2 (not to mention having arguably more public support)....but I'm not interested in that type of story right now. I'm interested in winning. Go Tribe! Go Tribe! Go Tribe!

And fuck everyone else!

Cubs it is.

:fencing:

So let's hear everyone's thoughts. How do we match up? Can our pitching endure? Will our bats light it up? And once again, we are the long shot to win this thing. An underdog with home field advantage.

Last edited:
So let's hear everyone's thoughts. How do we match up? Can our pitching endure? Will our bats light it up? And once again, we are the long shot to win this thing. An underdog with home field advantage.
I really would've liked our chances if we had our full compliment of starting pitching. I think our small ball hitting is so underrated and is generally why people think we're the underdogs, but it fuckin' works. Our defense is top notch. At this point there are no easy teams to match up with and we just have to continue to have good at bats and make their pitchers work. If Salazar can start that would be huge and Merritt can be a lefty in long relief if needed. If Salazar becomes a guy in the pen he's probably the first guy out of the pen and adds depth. I honestly don't know much about the Cubs.

Top Bottom