World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego! | Page 3 | Barking Hard

World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego!

Bauer wasn't horrible. Our bats weren't doing enough against their #1, but I like our chances with Tomlin in game 6 at home.

Get back up and finish this! :clap:

I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum: the Tribe's usual #5 starter going up against a pitcher who held them hitless into the sixth a couple nights ago, followed by the ace on back-to-back three days rest vs. the NL ERA leader.

Combined with the aforementioned karma for crowing about the Warriors and I don't have a good feeling right now.

On the plus side if they finish it off I've already priced a flight, car, and hotel for Wednesday through Sunday.

Nothing is given. Everything is earned.

The Cubs are a good team too. I never thought we'd win all 3 games at Chicago, but 2 outta 3 ain't bad!

It's supposed to be hard. Relax...

Do not go gentle into that good night
RAGE, RAGE against the dying of the light.

Let's close this Mother Fucker out!!!!!!!

Game 6.......the Jake by the lake.....wish I were going. Guess Smoltzee and his side kick will have to do. Go Tribe! Close it out in Cleveland!

Shiiit Trick. None of these announcers are doing anything pro Tribe. They're all over Cubs cock.

Shiiit Trick. None of these announcers are doing anything pro Tribe. They're all over Cubs cock.

Especially Joe Suck!.. And I'm even more pissed off at buck because his Father , Jack Buck was a broadcaster who moved to Cleveland in 1939 and got his start here.. I would've at least expected some respect.

Last edited:
He's another media guy who regurgitates bull shit and will continue to do so cause it's easier to do that than research for himself.

How's this for an oddity?

It's rare you see a pitcher who is more successful when batters put the ball in the air against him.

But in 32 starts and a relief appearance, Josh Tomlin has been better when he records more fly balls than ground balls.

In starts with more grounders than fly balls, he's 1-4 with a 7.01 ERA and four no-decisions. That lone win was against Toronto in the ALCS.

When he has more (or equal) fly balls to grounders, he's 14-5 with four no-decisions (five if you count his no-decision in an inning of relief) with a 3.52 ERA.

So, I feel like tonight could heavily hinge on what the wind is doing. Let 'em fly, just keep it in the ballpark.

EDIT: Forecasts are calling for 10 mph from the south. According to a site on baseball physics, "An average head wind (10 mph) can turn a 400-foot home run into a 370-foot routine out." So this could affect things a little if true in the opposite direction. I'm holding my breath.

Last edited:
Positivity: Tomlin pitched well in Chicago with a 14 mph wind blowing out, in Cleveland against Toronto with it 14 out to center, and in Boston with a 17 mph left-to-right wind.

So... there's that.

And he's had six starts with the wind blowing out at 8 mph or higher. In those six he had two Quality Starts (based on the 6 IP and 3 ER definition), two bad starts (both less than 5 IP and 5 ER), and two that were good but not the definition of a QS (which were his last two starts against the Cubs and Blue Jays).

So maybe I'm overestimating this whole wind thing.

Last edited:
Positivity: Tomlin pitched well in Chicago with a 14 mph wind blowing out, in Cleveland against Toronto with it 14 out to center, and in Boston with a 17 mph left-to-right wind.

So... there's that.

And he's had six starts with the wind blowing out at 8 mph or higher. In those six he had two Quality Starts (based on the 6 IP and 3 ER definition), two bad starts (both less than 5 IP and 5 ER), and two that were good but not the definition of a QS (which were his last two starts against the Cubs and Blue Jays).

So maybe I'm overestimating this whole wind thing.

Just WIN Baby!

Legacy game if Tomlin dominates. Tribe fans around the world will long remember extraordinary feats witnessed today for years to come. I know I will....and they'll remember Tito...and Kluber...and Kipnis and Carlos and Franky and Perez and JRam and all of them. This is some legacy shit right here.

God please no game 7...my heart can't take it.

Go Tribe

Last edited:
Chisenall and Naquin has disappeared at the plate this post season run... thats not good!

Alright guys.....I can assure you all the brownies are the last thing on my mind tonight. This is it! Game 7! For The World Series Champions! Go Tribe!!!!!!

I'm 50%...

raw

and 50%...

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

Top Bottom