World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego! | Page 2 | Barking Hard

World Series! The 216 in 2016 is en fuego!

Cubs have a really good pitching staff, but their best hitters have been rather bunk this post season. Like the Tribe, random guys just seem to step up and help the cause when it matters most.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Could go 7 games.

Manufacturing runs is the greatest tool a Manager can use at his disposal , besides having a stout Bullpen in tow... Of course you need what I like to call "Pesky" hitters in order for this to work. We have that.. And the greatest goddamn manager who is a freakin genious and , dangerousely adept and deft at using it.. Its gonna be a trip boyz!!.. GO TRIBE!!!

You guys just made the Jays look impotent and IMO that's huge. The Tribe should have a ton of confidence going in and they will need it facing off a team that hasn't been to the WS since World War Two.

IMO this is just a huge story for Baseball, the Indians vs the Cubs, I hope this is a series to remember and not for the same reason as 1995...

For the first 5-6 innings I thought the home plate ump was giving Kluber the Greg Maddox strike zone on the left side of the plate. Then after Lester talked to the ump it seemed to have changed. It didn't matter after Perez hit the 3 run blast. It was over.

I hope Bauer is on tonight cause we need another top notch pitching performance tonight to really close this thing.

It's interesting to see how even keel Tito has these boys.. Lets get another and put the pressure on!

We need this game tonight to be sure we get back home in this 2-3-2 deal. never liked that format glad the NBA ditched it.
Go Tribe

That is a shitty format to give the lesser team 3 straight at their home park. They can get back their mojo strong if a game 6or 7 is needed.

Last edited:
Has Greg Brinda always been a giant cockmonger, or is this a recent development?

I could understand his disdain for Bauer if he had destroyed his finger shouting "Hold my beer and watch this shit" while lighting off firecrackers in his hand, or if the Indians were slamming Arrieta all over the place last night, but if you listen to him you'd swear he was the only reason the Indians lost.

I called him out for it and he joined Grossi and Ruiter as the Three Amigos of Asshattery to block me on Twitter for daring to think differently.

Bauer tried his heart out.. I don't blame him.. The O left runners in scoring position and didnt execute.. Arrieta was on.. Theres a reason why the Cubs are here.. And it's not because of suckage.. they may be our biggest test yet and to Me.. They plainly are.

The team lost and hell you could argue Bauer kept us in the game for 4 innings. Similar to Merritt against the J's.

Arietta is one of the best pitchers in the league when he's on and it's clear he was. To split the first two games is pretty good IMO, if you can take one or two of the next three in Chicago you're looking pretty good. Cleveland apparently has a .050 difference batting on the road (.220 compared to .270 at home) so that's something to think about.

Hendricks may be one of the most underrated pitching stories this year. He has a respectable .288 ERA this post season. His outings have been progressively better so I hope the Indians can get to him early and he doesn't settle down like Arrietta did.

The only reason I know so much about the Cubs is 1) my buddy is a huge Cubs fan and 2) the Cubs, for whatever reason, get a lot of air time (I get a Chicago station for some reason) so I watched quite a few Cubs games this year.

Plus Tomlin has been good for you guys thus far in the Postseason, I'd feel a bit of security with him pitching the first game on the road. Hopefully the boys are fired up. They need to take Game 3.

They really need to just play the game in front of them and keep doing the things they have been doing since the playoffs started. Work the opposing pitchers into deep counts and be smart on the the bases when you get on and pitch like the bad ass pitchers ya'll are.

It's going to be interesting to see how Santana does in left field...pretty risky move by Tito. I hope his bat heats up....I hope ALL their bats heat up. If Tomlin can put together 3 or 4 gritty innings it could spark the team.

Let's steal this bitch and make them nervous! Go Tribe!

Now we're up 2-1 with Klubot on the mound tonight. And in our 2nd game loss we beat ourselves more than the Cubs beat us.

We just gotta keep playing smart and hard and pitch the living shit out of 'em.

Top Bottom