XFL Starts Today!!! | Page 2 | Barking Hard

XFL Starts Today!!!

Adding my thoughts here:

1. I like the ACCOUNTABILITY of the process. Things are broken down basically in real time, and we can understand the decisions that are being made thus the calls don't exactly seem like "bullshit". Such a step could REALLY help the NFL and I think we will see this implemented down the road or something similar.

2. The decision making speed helps with the previous "aura of accountability". Like at my job. I'd rather be wrong and corrected after the fact than take my time, still come to the wrong decision, and look like an idiot in the moment.

3. Agreed completely.

4. Especially after we saw Miles lose his cool, this is something I'd like to see trickle down to the NFL.

5. Am I the only one who loved the black and red OG XFL ball? LOL

6. They still talk about how they're just "not calling holding" at all in this league and the players, knowing that, they work around it. Honestly I think this is nice not bogging down the game with 10+ holding calls at inopportune times. Especially when, in the NFL, you know they're gonna relax it in the playoffs...

7. I fucking LOVE that, it adds some drama and intrigue. Going for 3? NEED the three point play? Fuck yes.

8. I agree, this is nice especially given the pace-of-play for the rest of the game. Slow the game down where it NEEDS to be slowed down, it helps add to the drama.

9. As I said in my previous post. This is the best time of year for a quick paced, intense 10-week league like the XFL plans to provide. I think starting right in the Superbowl Hangover week is a great idea, as a lot of fans are left wanting more after the Super Bowl and suddenly have no fix.

10. I love this aspect of the presentation. Sports fans, at our core we're just big nerds. A peek-behind-the-curtain like this is just money.

11. Is McGloin still PE#1 after getting benched in week 2? Seriously you can't top the entertainment value of a heat-of-the-moment in-game interview.

12. I also like how there's the odd college standout who maybe is looking to get noticed in the XFL because he's on the bubble of "draft darling". How many kids are going to try the XFL to raise their stocks before the draft? That's a trend I'll keep my eyes on.

13. I think as long as they keep to the "basics of football" and what they try isn't hokey or gimmicky that this version of the XFL has real staying power. It's different enough from the NFL to avoid direct comparison and they aren't trying to be a competitor, offering itself as a clear alternative/addition to the sports landscape.

Okay, after 3 weeks, here are some differences/appreciations, so far, for the better in the XFL vs NFL

1. The replay. It's more informative and smoother. The booth reviews everything and decides.
2. The college refs. They're just faster at things. The NFL refs snail-pace things.
3. The kick-off. Safer, less penalties, equally as entertaining
4. No penalty when a player takes his helmet off.
5. The ball ... I know, cheesy, but the X's on the ends make it more visible.
6. Less penalties. So far, there haven't been any noticeable flag fests.
7. The 3 levels of PAT. It's about entertainment, right?
8. The Comeback Period. Clock stops every play for 5 seconds for the last 2 min of each half. Allows the offense to use the middle of the field.
9. Time of year. Real games is way better than mid season basketball, MLB Astros drama, or Myles vs Rudy drama.
10. Hearing the coaches call the plays. They don't beat you over the head with it, but splash it in just enough to make it entertaining.
11. The quickie interviews. They lean towards when a player does something positive, and so these kids are happy to give a few words. I like it.
12. Names you like to watch. We've actually heard of some of these players and coaches. Cardale. Past Browns. Jim Zorn. Pep. Tressman.
13. The freedom to try new things. Some will work. Some won't. Who cares?

XFL says will NOT be back next year.rats.I guess an NFL-D league is inevitable. this could have been it.

Top Bottom