Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Bourbon Beer Cigars Guitars Women and Cars

Tried Johnny Walker Red for the first time last night; incredible stuff. Wouldn't take much to get you drunk haha.

And not totally end of the world, but does the offtopic section get any busier when the season starts or will I be just talking to myself most of the time haha?

People do venture over now and again.

I’ve had every Johnny Walker out there. $$$$ blue is too Smokey for me.
I can see that and no worries if offtopic is not the busiest, was just curious! Cool if some post in it periodically as you say.

As I put loved the Red but my brother hated it; everybody has their own preferences. Bought some Southern Star last night, supposed to have won awards and such, we shall see later; I've never had any before.

Tried Johnny Walker Red for the first time last night; incredible stuff. Wouldn't take much to get you drunk haha.

And not totally end of the world, but does the offtopic section get any busier when the season starts or will I be just talking to myself most of the time haha?
I used to work next to a liquor store and befriended the 2 employees that worked there.
One was a knowitall snob who had the 'right' opinion about every bottle "big brands bad" and "pure stuff good".
The other guy was just a laid back dude who just knew how everything tasted and at least knew where the bottles came from but didnt care how many kinds of wood was used to make the barrels.
At the time, my fav drink was an 8 dollar german vodka.
The slob thought I was crazy "that's not real vodka". The other guy understood it. "yeah, smooth after taste".
What I'm trying to say is... liquor is 40% alcohol and 60% whatever you want it to taste like.
I never really liked booze though. Made me drunk to no end.

So I had my bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof and it went over well yesterday. As I was leaving I dropped the bottle which was mostly full a-a-and it's gone. Shot to hell. We were in mourning for a few minutes while we cleaned it up and I went home even more pissed. My wife was like "See! It's a message that you shouldn't be drinking."

I was like
Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

My wife and I celebrated 21 years together recently and she got me this:

Bnb Sazrye 40.jpg

She knows me well, but not the bourbons so much. I'd have preferred one a cut above the rest bottle of bourbon instead of two very good ones. This here is absolutely fine. If I start posting weird shit you all will know why. Well, weirder than I normally do.

drinkingbuddy.gif

The single barrel Jack Daniels and single barrel Knob Creek are out now. Jack Daniels also added a single barrel rye. You best get out early if you want to snag a bottle.

I got an email from OHLQ Friday morning announcing Old Fitzgerald would be on sale Saturday morning at certain locations.

OHLQ.jpg

By the time I got out there in the afternoon it was gone. Ohio liquor control is fixed. The state is all over it unlike other states. I knew it too. I knew I had to get out there when the doors open but I had obligations.

Top Bottom