Browns - New stadium talk | Page 10 | Barking Hard

Browns New stadium talk

How long did the original browns stadium last?
What is wrong with it now?

Spoiled people….

I’m all for screwing over CLE and moving it to brook park.

This is the second ownership they have tried to fuck around with

Let Haslem pay for the entire thing otherwise sit still where they’re at and then just move by that time who gives a crap bunch of elitistS

The fan experience on the lakefront is far more restricted due to the size of the property, the lake, Science Center, RR HOF the Cuyahoga River to the East and the RR tracks to the south. It's completely boxed in.

The Brook Park idea has grown on me.
I’ve been waiting my entire life for the city of Cleveland to do something cool with the lakefront. No sign of it.

Go to Brook Park, you have airport traffic year round to help the restaurants and a hotel, and a dome allows for more than 10 days a year use.

I bet Haslam foots the bill out there too, assuming tax concessions by the city.

Cleveland just isn’t, say, like downtown Indy … which is hellu walkable anyway.

Now that you mention it @OconRecon A Browns plaza linked to the airport that could service people passing through on longer layovers has got to be a HUGE BONUS for the Haslam's. Particularly a Browns Hotel, too.
It's over. This deal is done. Just a question of how it's financed and the only one against it would be Cleveland's highly influential Mayor Erkel.

I think Donovan has it right. Unless the city changes its financial stance, big time, all of this stuff about Haslam stadium lakefront enhancement is window dressing just to show us they tried.

The current access sucks, the city walk-ability sucks, the parking sucks etc etc.

My money is on Brook Park.

And have zero problem with using the Vikings stadium as a starting point.

Speaking of facilities, there is a summer time pro sports team and a winter pro sports team that’ll keep downtown CLE busy with 100+ home games year round, and in a better downtown location.

This might all be for the best.

Some saying "Richfield didn't work for the Cavs". Well, Richfield was 25 miles from downtown, not 9. Also, it wasn't near the airport or on the Rapids. And who knows, maybe the Browns move to Brook Park for 25-30 years, downtown comes along, and the mid-century stadium relocates the team back to the lakefront.

•••••

The 2055 Cleveland Browns Stadium

IMG_9127.jpeg

ALL this talk about a 2.5 billion dollar facility sounds great. Brookpark is a much better idea than downtown.

Just don’t think it’s alright to ask us to pay for it. If its done right its a huge cash cow for the haslams.

Top Bottom