Cavaliers - 2022-23 season | Barking Hard

Cavaliers 2022-23 season

madmadworld

The Official TV Watcher
Awards
Been a slow off season there was the drafting of #14 Ochai Agbaji, #39 Khalifa Diop, #49 Isaiah Mobley, #58 Luke Travers.
Agbaji the likely only one getting some big minutes.

The big story is Sexton. the FO is just playing it out and nothing is happening. I'm guessing we offered Sexy more last year than he's getting offered now. there has been a few sign & trade rumors, with Dallas sounding most likely. I just want to keep him now. he has improved so much and we aren't likely to do better. plus we learned last year how important depth is.
Here is a very good write up on this status.

It seems he's kind of in a similar situation as Baker was.

Just not many teams that want him at a higher price than what the Cavs have him at. 15 mil for a couple years seems very reasonable at the moment, and it would be easier for the Cavs to trade him if they chose to. It might not seem reasonable to him and he'd be right, but if nobody wants him that's the way it is. I'd tell him to get what you can now and revisit a bigger payday in a year or two.

It seems he's kind of in a similar situation as Baker was.
Never would put them 2 together. but it kinda works. money wise, coming off the rookie deals is where you cash in and go on to make sh it loads for the next 10 years or NOT. if you don't start doing it then it gets harder and few ever get back to that dollar level.
if Sexy did not get hurt and showed a bit more efficiency he gets a pretty good deal from us or elsewhere. he bet all wrong not being able to play. Baker it seems now is work effort & leadership. easier for him to fix that this year and cash in. Sexy would have to ball out and make playoff game winning baskets, at this point. NBA teams were burned so many times by guys that were just Tall years ago. now the money is so big not many get TT deals anymore.

Speaking of money gone wrong......... what about Lamar Jackson ?
not getting a agent about some dumb 5% or less. he should have got paid big bucks last year. he's one play away from being RG3.

Since you brought up Lamar I don't think he's all that great of a thrower. He's a RB that can throw the ball well. He should sign the offer if he's only 5% lower than what he was asking for, but I heard it was over guaranteed money? He wanted guaranteed money like Watson? I don't know. I haven't followed his contract negotiations that closely. Also, something about his mom is negotiating for him? My God man if you're that paranoid about agents screwing things up get some help cause your mom is probably not helping.

I can see why the Ravens FO is pissed. They blame the Watson contract because they can't blame Lamar's mom. Fuck 'em! Deal with it.

He won't give up the 5% or less for a agent.
Last year he could've got Dak money (40m x 4 =160m) easy. so he will have played 2 years for 25m. if he doesn't do something. he will never make up that.
Talk about racism if he was white the talking heads would be ridiculing him. my guess. just can't understand his position.

edit
The Ravens don't mind all this nonsense.

Optimism for a Ctown sports fan is always a off season vision. but having seen the Cav's win total of 42.5. so they are saying we will not be as good as last season(44 wins). that's just stupid. we could've got 50 wins if we had better health. injuries are a part of sports but we are a young group and the tide should go our way. so going with the over.

Well I got no Big Thanks for all the money you people won last year lol that was easy $$$$$$
so if these guys go in the tank on me blame them and Ctown.

So the Lakers will win more games than us ? What are these guys smoking ?
  • Boston Celtics 55.5
  • Milwaukee Bucks 52.5
  • Phoenix Suns 52.5
  • Los Angeles Clippers 52.5
  • Golden State Warriors 51.5
  • Denver Nuggets 49.5
  • Philadelphia 76ers 49.5
  • Memphis Grizzlies 48.5
  • Dallas Mavericks 48.5
  • Miami Heat 48.5
  • Minnesota Timberwolves 47.5
  • Atlanta Hawks 46.5
  • Los Angeles Lakers 45.5
  • Brooklyn Nets 45.5
  • New Orleans Pelicans 44.5
  • Toronto Raptors 44.5
  • Chicago Bulls 43.5
  • Cleveland Cavaliers 42.5
  • Portland Trail Blazers 40.5
  • New York Knicks 39.5
  • Charlotte Hornets 36.5
  • Washington Wizards 35.5
  • Utah Jazz 32.5
  • Sacramento Kings 32.5
  • Detroit Pistons 28.5
  • Oklahoma City Thunder 26.5
  • Orlando Magic 25.5
  • Indiana Pacers 24.5
  • Houston Rockets 23.5
  • San Antonio Spurs 23.5
Odds provided by DraftKings - Subj

I just can't see AD ever being very "motivated". 7 years in NO only 2 winning seasons, 1 playoff series win.
a good player when he plays but for a guy that gets so much hype has delivered little. I think he's happy to have a ring. don't think he cares about another. would be shocked if he got another.

Then look at the rest of that team. the Russ trade stripped them of all that after Kobe talent they were able to get. that won a Ring.
just go look over that Roster, try to pick a player you want on the Cav's. frankly I wouldn't give up Mobly or Allen for AD. both of those guys have more Fire in their guts.

unless you forget I've been a Laker fan since The Logo was playing.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

As a Knicks fan, I’m thrilled we didn’t make this trade.

It makes so much more sense for the Cavs. They’re in a legitimate contending position with Spida, Garland, Jarrett and Mobley. It’s a starting five and solid depth which could theoretically win a championship, with Spida as the missing piece.

The same wasn’t true in New York. Brunson, Spida, Randle and Robinson was maybe a sixth to play-in kind of roster. You don’t blow your load unless you’re going all the way.

I’m excited to see what we have in Toppin, Quick, Reddish, Grimes and above all Barrett. I think all could have far greater value in a year or two.

I thought it was a little disrespectful for Utah to place Barrett and Sexton on the same value level. That’s wild imo. Giving up three firsts, two swaps, Barrett, IQ and an additional young player (Toppin, Grimes or Reddish I’m guessing) was just too steep.

Tye Knicks are always looking for the one who will save us. I’m thrilled we finally accepted that wasn’t going to happen in this instance.

love the deal for the Cavs tho.

Let me bring some honesty to this trade.
Guys how many times have you made a date to see Donovan Mitchell and The Jazz the past 5 years ?
The most memorable Jazz moment I have of the past 5 years is Rudy Gobert showing us how to pass on Covid using microphones.

More seriously maybe if I'm going to pick C/MT time NBA game the Grizzlies, Wolves,Blazers, Nuggets would be my pick. Yet I've seen Donovan playing a few games a year & in the playoffs. all that said the Cav's getting a 3 time All-Star player @ 25 in his prime is shocking. never before stuff here.

Our Win total jumped to 46.5. still thinking 50 here.

Danny Ainge you better know what you are doing. if not you'll be ripping off the Jazz owners lol
All-Star players don't grow on trees in Utah.
he killed it with the Rudy trade, maybe he should have stopped there. Sexy could end up as good but that's a wish @ 4years 72mil.
analyze that new contract. Big win for Sexy imo. the #1 picks 3,5,7 years out are a gamble yet thoughtful.

It's just a great move.
Damn entertaining right now.
Damn entertaining for the season.
And that's the point of it all.

Projected starting 5:

PG - Darius Garland
SG - Donovan Mitchell
C - Jarrett Allen
SF - Isaac Okoro
PF - Evan Mobley

6th man- Kevin Love
7th man- Caris Levert

As a Knicks fan, I’m thrilled we didn’t make this trade.
Were you forced into that ? Gun
Or live there ?
Because it's not a good choice for a Aussie. or anyone else.

You should not be that happy. he would be your best player and since Melo. a real reason to watch the team in NYC.
It makes so much more sense for the Cavs. They’re in a legitimate contending position with Spida, Garland, Jarrett and Mobley. It’s a starting five and solid depth which could theoretically win a championship, with Spida as the missing piece.
Thanks for that, but we got a win a playoff game & series first. we get 3 years to make Donovan want to stay a Cav and the other guys.
The same wasn’t true in New York. Brunson, Spida, Randle and Robinson was maybe a sixth to play-in kind of roster. You don’t blow your load unless you’re going all the way.

I’m excited to see what we have in Toppin, Quick, Reddish, Grimes and above all Barrett. I think all could have far greater value in a year or two.
I don't know ...........when you can get better don't you choose too ?
I thought it was a little disrespectful for Utah to place Barrett and Sexton on the same value level. That’s wild imo. Giving up three firsts, two swaps, Barrett, IQ and an additional young player (Toppin, Grimes or Reddish I’m guessing) was just too steep.
Sure Sexy has lots of upside. plus the rest of that haul. Markkanen is a real player.

Top Bottom