2019 National Championship: Alabama vs Clemson | Barking Hard

2019 National Championship: Alabama vs Clemson

The_QCT

Resident CFB Guru
Awards
I've said all year...it's Alabama, Clemson and everybody else. Well, the National Championship is set and we have Alabama vs Clemson for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. :snoop:

A couple notes:

- Clemson’s 4 CFP wins are 1 more than the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 have combined.
- Alabama and Clemson will meet for the 4th time in the post season in the last 4 years...a 1st in college football history.
- Clemson held Notre Dame to it's lowest point total in bowl history.
- Alabama (six) and Clemson (four) have combined to win 10 of the 14 College Football Playoff games to date. Will be 11 of the 15 after title contest.

These two, Alabama & Clemson, are the standards of college football. The best. The elite. As shown yesterday, the gap to #3 is wide. It's not close. It doesn't matter who #3 or #4 were...we were getting the same National Championship regardless. This also shows that expanding the playoff is pointless.

As far as the game, the line opened Alabama -6.5...but has moved to -6. More on that later.

DvoFJ6oU0AIs7YV.jpg:large

Like I said when ND was paired with Clemson.

It's basically a scrimmage for Clemson before they move on to the championship game. ND never had a chance and I laughed when I heard WKNR's talking head say take ND and the points. Don't remember his name at the moment, but he's on all the time for them.
:tsk:

I was pretty miffed by all the people confident that Notre Dame would make this a close game. Vegas was praying to the college football Gods that Clemson dominated them because the public loaded up on Notre Dame.

The WKNR guys don't know anything about College Football. I mean nothing. Not that they know a ton about the NFL. I am also completely confused listening to Grossi and Rizzo that guys who have been involved in the NFL so long can be so clueless about so much. But as far as college goes...they sound like the random guys at the bar that might have watched a game or two, and think they're experts.

I think the gap between Clemson and Alabama and the next best team isn't very wide. And I'm not very hopeful of my Longhorns chances against Georgia on the 1st either.

I think the gap between Clemson and Alabama and the next best team isn't very wide. And I'm not very hopeful of my Longhorns chances against Georgia on the 1st either.

FTR - One set of Vegas power rankings has the gap between Clemson and #3 as larges as the gap from #3 to #15. That is huge.

The gap is really big. UGA, Ohio State, etc... all the next tier down.

Also FTR - I'll be pulling for your Longhorns to beat UGA. Can't stand those cheaters and shitty fan base.

Top Bottom