Browns - Jaun Thornhill baby - 3 yr/21M | Barking Hard

Browns Jaun Thornhill baby - 3 yr/21M

Nice! I'm confused, though -- I'm trying to square the ranking of 9th you shared here, Ocon, with the MKC Plain Dealer article in which she writes, "Overall, PFF had him ranked No. 44 among qualifying safeties in 2022." Is that a typo?? Seems like it must be. . .

Edit: I see. Your screenshot is showing coverage-specific grades. Does PFF really have him at 44 overall? That's . . . not all that exciting, if so. Must mean he sucks at something . . .

Last edited:
At least the scouting department seems to be doing it's job finding guys that have a legit shot at being good before they're up for a big payday. It doesn't always work out but they at least find players on the upside with a chance and cheap atm.
🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

He’s 30th overall with all qualifiers
He’s 22nd overall with 20% min snaps
He’s 15th overall with 50% min snaps
He’s 3rd overall with 80% min snaps

He’s very balanced as far as grades go, but he’s best at ball-hawking & coverage

I can get him down to 44th no matter how I slice it lol

Dude played a boat load of snaps last year. A warrior.

4F56D135-834C-46D6-9C6E-EC9CD69EFC08.jpeg

more from twitter

PFF Forced Incompletion Stat (50% min)

Juan Thornhill - 20% (3rd for S)
Martin Emerson - 20% (6th for CB)
Denzel Ward - 19% (7th for CB)
Grant Delpit - 14% (12th for S)
Greg Newsome - 11% (39th for CB)

For Reference
John Johnson - 8% (47th for S)

•••

I can appreciate his enthusiam and positive spin... But he will learn...
He knows his job, is all we've seen of him for the most part. Not a lot of high school and college fans "boo" their teams. We have, and many of these players haven't savored a lot of defeat, mired and marinated in mediocrity. So, no, he doesn't understand.

Virginia is certainly no powerhouse program and is hardly expected to be, but Thornhill stayed and graduated (Anthropology), AND got himself drafted to the NFL so even college was still a huge success for him. 2 SBs with the Chiefs, 'nuff said. Has played against the best offenses in the league deep into post-season play. He knows what success looks like, and I hope that his experience helps suss out a lot of that small stuff that comes with lack of experience from the other guys.

It's the best attitude a player can have, and we need that too. As a fan tho, I get it, and I've got two feet firmly in the "show me" camp, regardless.

He knows his job, is all we've seen of him for the most part. Not a lot of high school and college fans "boo" their teams. We have, and many of these players haven't savored a lot of defeat, mired and marinated in mediocrity. So, no, he doesn't understand.

Virginia is certainly no powerhouse program and is hardly expected to be, but Thornhill stayed and graduated (Anthropology), AND got himself drafted to the NFL so even college was still a huge success for him. 2 SBs with the Chiefs, 'nuff said. Has played against the best offenses in the league deep into post-season play. He knows what success looks like, and I hope that his experience helps suss out a lot of that small stuff that comes with lack of experience from the other guys.

It's the best attitude a player can have, and we need that too. As a fan tho, I get it, and I've got two feet firmly in the "show me" camp, regardless.
And I respect that.. Anthropology is NOT for everybody... It takes a keen eye and intense study and understanding the fiberous structure of bone density and other factors as well.. So I can definitely appreciate that type of work ethic...

Top Bottom