NFL Draft - Pick #74, Cedric Tillman, WR, The Vols | Page 4 | Barking Hard

NFL Draft Pick #74, Cedric Tillman, WR, The Vols

Ok. So the math formula says "x" amount is what he's due. Do that. If he isn't signing what's the problem. If the Browns are offering less than that, why? Well, we all know why but he's due a pre-determined amount.

Unless the FO is gaming the roster spot somehow and waiting for a perfect time to strike. A time that coincides with a roster spot opening up suddenly and them getting a very good player for a bargain.
Bill And Ted Party On GIF

IR player doesn't take up a spot on the active roster. It's why you see teams having to release/waive players when a guy comes back from injury.

It's all about money on both sides. The question is how far apart are they. Just hypothetical, but say the Browns doctors say he'd be out for 4 weeks with his injury. Schwartz outside doctor says the recovery is 8 weeks. He'd be dumb to take 4, and CLE wouldn't want to pay 8. I am not completely sure, but I think he could also just stay on IR all year, this getting for than a settlement for X games.

Schwartz when waived as waived/injury had to first clear waivers because he is on his rookie contract (rule to prevent teams from trying to stash a young player on IR to keep them). That means no market for him, or at least at his current salary/contract with.

So all about $$ on both sides. The only issue it creates for CLE is about money out of their pocket, and I guess freeing up a jersey#.

Top Bottom