Pay Respect; It's Time | Page 5 | Barking Hard

Pay Respect; It's Time

Shocker. A thread to pay respect to best QB we've had in a long, long time ....who beat the odds and came back a winner after a devastating injury, (most QBs take two years to get back to form) who gave us an exciting, winning, playoff hope-filled season ...and you have the usual JFF trolls in here pissing all over him.

You people are disgusting.

I don't know about you, but I am a BROWNS fan. Not a Brian Hoyer fan, not a Johnny Manziel fan, not a Josh Gordon fan. I mean the team isn't called the Cleveland Hoyers. If the organization thinks that benching Hoyer is better for the TEAMS future, then I am behind them 100%. Especially when Cleveland's golden boy is about to throw away our playoff hopes. Again, do you think Isaiah Crowell would still be starting if he coughed up 6 turnovers in a row??? But it's ok for your franchises most important player to serve up interceptions like pancakes at IHOP's.

The logic of some of you people is really DISTURBING to say the least. So you are willing to roll with Hoyer out of what? Loyalty? And risk not making the playoffs? So, what's so encouraging about his numbers the last three games to make you want to stick with Hoyer? Some of you people need to check your priorities, because mine have always been about the future of the franchise and WINNING.

You know, I just realized something funny. If they would have benched Hoyer for Conner Shaw, I bet everyone panties wouldn't be in a bind. But since it's Johnny Football...........lol

edit

I only say this because they put Johnny in there because Hoyer was INEFFECTIVE, nothing more. Not because the coach has a secret man crush on Johnny Football:blush: They did it to give the team a spark so they wouldn't , you know, lose the game.:crazy:

Last edited:
Great thread.

Thank you Brian. You helped make this the funnest season since 07. Man, we had some fun wins, didn't we? Hopefully more to come..although I'm still pretty pissed at them...><

Pettine-Hoyer-Whitner.jpg

People clamoring for Manziel in this thread need to respect the OP, this is NOT a thread to trash Hoyer but doubly so it's not a thread to champion Manziel or bring it in to that so please lets try and check ourselves

It's doesn't really take a high level of intellect to understand this and yet here we are. More parroting of things said in 20 other threads. We get it already people! You hate Brian "St. Iggy's boy" Hoyer. You appreciate that he's a winner but hate his guts. Is this some sort of brainwashing technique? Must you state the same opinion in 30 different threads? I am not sure what it is you think you are gaining.

Funny. Respect you have, acceptance has nothing to do with anything. I wanted to draft Johnny. I desperately want to see him succeed for us, and I believe he might beat the odds and be something special. But you won't find me nitpicking Brian Hoyer. Especially in a thread created to PAY RESPECT to the man. A champion he is in my mind. I think some of the devastating hits he has taken the past four or five games may have done some damage. Don't know of its the knee or the brain but so ething has been off. Still absolutely willed us to victory many times this year. He was who he showed he was last year ...and had the best season ever other than Tom Brady following his type of injury.

Broke multiple NFL records this year.

Kudos any many many thanks to you Brian. Would not be surprised at all to see you back under center soon.

Hoyer is done when the coaches say he's done and not a minute before.
Face it, most of us would be just as bad for this team as any of the idiots that ran it over the past 20 years. There's a reason we're the fans with our opinions and the coaches could care less about what we think so long as there are enough tickets sold to cover his salary and he's not getting fired for taking our advice.

The trouble is people have been trained to like sensationalism over substance.
they have done a great job with it.

In this type of context Brady & Mr Bill were being questioned "is their time over" about 2 months ago after a so called weak win over Oakland then a loss to KC. dang what bs

Funny. Respect you have, acceptance has nothing to do with anything. I wanted to draft Johnny. I desperately want to see him succeed for us, and I believe he might beat the odds and be something special. But you won't find me nitpicking Brian Hoyer. Especially in a thread created to PAY RESPECT to the man. A champion he is in my mind. I think some of the devastating hits he has taken the past four or five games may have done some damage. Don't know of its the knee or the brain but so ething has been off. Still absolutely willed us to victory many times this year. He was who he showed he was last year ...and had the best season ever other than Tom Brady following his type of injury.

Broke multiple NFL records this year.

Kudos any many many thanks to you Brian. Would not be surprised at all to see you back under center soon.

Awesome career....that Honorable Mention all Big Ten award has been the high point to date but I am sure that many more will follow...sometime. And to all of you that think that the Browns have been winning despite Hoyer, or that his stats reflect the player who truly is or allow your eyes to to be involved in your assessment of Brian's overall performance...just stop it!!! This is a place for blind devotion untroubled by facts or well founded opinions.

Im a Browns fan, and I could care less who is the qb. Brain had a good first four and meh second four and has been awful since then. People talk about you don't pull him cause where in the playoff race, you wont be much longer if you let this continue. Im ok either way on who starts but if hoyer does start and be plays like he's been playing then his time as the Browns QB1 is done for me. Were like battered wives, every qb has beat us, and hoyer comes along and is sweet but he become a Ahole after we get married and we say to ourselves, well atleast he doesn't beat me, and we find that acceptable and cant let him go.

Like I said im not one of those fans that want one over the other, but those who rag on JFF and praise Hoyer no matter what would be killing JFF if he had 1td/6ints and the offense looked like it has. If you put a gun to my head and say pick, im going JFF. Teams don't know really what he brings and how to defend him, and that can get you a 2/3 wins if he balls out

I think we're getting a little bloated on the "respect" thing for Hoyer. He seems like a good enough guy but none of us really know him. I think he's been less than "all team" since getting pulled, so I'm not sainting him or anything. He's not a long-time Brown. He's not Bernie Kosar.

I have no reason to dislike Hoyer. I have no reason to love him, either. I think he's one of a ton of dedicated athletes with limited talent who work their asses off, including coming back from injuries.

We can say 9-5 all we want (the other one belongs to Weeden) but the truth is, at a sub-80 PR and an inability to take advantage of short fields or complete 60% of his passes, he hasn't been very good. Nor should he have been expected to be "very good."

Derek Anderson was 10-5 at one point in his career. So was Matt Cassell. So was Trent Dilfer.

Of course, none of this guarantees anything about Manziel.

Thank you Brian. Now how about a thank you Miles Austin thread? He helped get us this far and his career might be in jeopardy.

Twiz.. the reason being is.. The Browns fans are being converted to "Zealots"... but if thats the case.. then wouldnt the "Zealots" be the browns fans and the prior just be.. well out there..or my coined term..

HOYERS HEROES

Twiz.. the reason being is.. The Browns fans are being converted to "Zealots"... but if thats the case.. then wouldnt the "Zealots" be the browns fans and the prior just be.. well out there..or my coined term..

HOYERS HEROES

Considering zealots is for those who are only here for one person, then no.

I jokingly use it toward you and Shep, but I know who you really root for in the end.

Why can't Manziel fans be Browns fans also? You're telling me nobody has a favorite player on their favorite teams and if they do, they're not true fans?

Top Bottom