Forum Upgrades | Barking Hard

Forum Upgrades

Awards
As you can see the skeleton of our upgrade is in place.

Please let me know of anything that is broken, and try to post the error here. (if an error appears) There will likely be more than a few things we need to fix.

In the coming days/weeks/months I will be changing the style, adding mods, and trying to get this back to a place we are all satisfied with.

Any suggestions as to functionality you would like to see back, or new stuff that we didn't have before. State it in this thread and I will at least make an attempt at everything.

We could use a new header for the forum. Anyone who is good with graphics, and feels they can make something better than our old dated header... please let me know.

Also, I will be revamping the automated section of the forums. So any places you would like me to include down there ...provide me links. Good news sources, local Cleveland papers, Cleveland sports blogs ...etc.

As the great Eric Mangini used to remind us ...it's a process. I have a lot going on right now, but we'll get it all squared away in time.

We also have the latest greatest version of Vbulletin, but it is too new and there are still many bugs and lacking functionality. We can upgrade to that in a year or two.

Thanks to those who donated, I kept your names and we will figure out something in terms of honoring your commitment to keeping this place alive.

I'm excited for all the new potential functionality. .

Even though the software being used before was dated.. dud all the functionality you overhauled into it was miles ahead of 99% of the other forums out there. You do amazing work.. and everyone and myself really appreciates you for it.

Let us know of any differences we should be aware of if you can.

Keep an eye on that one riceloft, I have had some funny moment's with quick replying but I might've tried posting in a closed thread or something too. Either way. It's running more efficiently, for sure.

Edit: I got the exact same error message but it still posted my post...

Looking forward to the finished product.

Hopefully it will have my favourite feature of boards with the "who quoted me" section.

also just noticed as I was typing this quick reply it said "reply saved" that's gotta save some people that do extensive replies only to lose them with the click of a wrong button or internet problem.

Had this weird message while posting a quick reply.

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

Known error. Will be getting rid of it soon. TY!

Question, is there eventually going to be a chat box like before?

And thanks for all your hard work.

Yes!

Looking forward to the finished product.

Hopefully it will have my favourite feature of boards with the "who quoted me" section.

also just noticed as I was typing this quick reply it said "reply saved" that's gotta save some people that do extensive replies only to lose them with the click of a wrong button or internet problem.

Can you give me a link to show me what you are talking about? Not sure I have seen that.

It does say it saves the post, but if you leave the screen accidentally it still deletes what you've written.

Edit: Just based on the buttons, I'd assume there's some kind of "Draft post" feature with this new version that the previous didn't have...

Edit 2: Got these messages when I edited my post... Similar to the quick reply one:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 323

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../editpost.php on line 327

Last edited:
Just 2 things..

1. Can we get a link for user CP (control panel) up on the bar so we can review our Rep

2. Is it possible to change the Icon (button) at the bottom of posts to give rep? I notice newer users sometimes dont realize its an option or that it exists. Maybe if the button was something like a plus/minus.. or the word rep or something more obvious to encourage use of the reputation system

With the new system, we will likely have to jimmy rig a custom scheme (will just take time, focusing on working out the kinks first before beautifying up the place). The old scheme isn't compatible with this new software. We're just going to have to tough out this generic look for a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom