NFL - Free Agency and More 2024 | Barking Hard

NFL Free Agency and More 2024

Who's in transition these days?

Anyone??

the ellen show mic GIF

Those are the type of FA's that I think we'll go after. Guys on the cheap with tons of upside but the roster has changed from their re-building mode so who knows.
Before, AB's Free Agent picks were bonafide starters we could plug in like Conklin, Clowney, Cooper and others. Since our salary cap is about maxed out we might be looking for valuable bargains.

The only person I see worth franchising would be Takitaki... What say you? or maybe Bryant?
I love Takitaki, but he might get paid more than we can afford. The money has to be right for us and I'm guessing somebody will be willing to pay more than we can afford. He's also a good ST'er which means...more money. I can't blame him for more money as he is 28 and this is his year to get paid a huge contract.

Bottom line is I think he'll be a damn good player that we lose in FA and we'll probably expect Mahamoud Diabate to step up and take some of those snaps.

Jordan Kunaszyk is a sleeper to come back to us I think, since Schwartz likes him as well as Bubba and he's coming off an injury plagued season. Aka, cheap and knows the systems.

The only person I see worth franchising would be Takitaki... What say you? or maybe Bryant?
As far as Harrison Bryant I don't get a good feel for what the FO or staff thinks about him. They like his blocking. I never see him making any great blocks, but ok. It seemed a couple years ago he was making catches and had a string of fumbles and the staff soured on him in the pass game, but then again Njoku wasn't exactly getting a ton of targets either. Bryant never saw many targets after that.

I don't think a franchise tag is in either guy's future. If Takitaki gets paid by somebody else we'll get a 3rd round comp pick for sure, and that's likely the thinking for Bryant. An unlikely trade is always possible, I guess.

Both good players that we can't afford at this time that another team will benefit from picking up. Tagging either is probably unaffordable.

Except that the QB has shown he can be a top 5 or 10 player at his position and nobody will say that about Sione or Harrison. Unless you've been talking to Tannenbaum again.

It's been discussed that this will be Watson's last year to show he can be that guy here. Idk. It's in him somewhere if you ask me, but this is the NFL. He needs to get it back sooner than later.

Top Bottom