New Chat room setting... | Barking Hard

New Chat room setting...

Inspecta

The Abbot
Awards
I know there was talk of making our chat room semi private. Guests can't view the chat room, but we also didn't want some newbie coming in and being able to view our chat.

So I changed the chat settings so that you have to have a minnimum of 50 posts before you can view the chat room.

If you are a vet who just made it over and want to chat let me know and I'll get you the permission.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Yeah the chat gets some pretty honest conversation,maybe to honest for some of us.
Im glad to see this is for those who really want to participate and get into the spirit of the board.
Good Idea and keep up the good work.

Yeah it took me a while to find that setting. You guys would not believe how incredibly complex the admin control panel is. There must be a thousand different settings you can change all in various places.

Like Danamal said, we get very "honest" conversation going in that chat room and I don't want anybody who just registered the ability to view it.

For those who are short of that post count who want access the only way to grant you access is that I have to alter your post count. I hope that's not something you mind. Fudging on a handful of posts isn't that big a deal to me...

Greythan, you should have the ability to post there now. I bumped up your post count to 51.

If anybody else is lacking posts to get in and I know who you are, just post in this thread or shoot me "inspecta" a PM

Yea, hook me up, please. I noticed the chat the first time I came here and thought it was pretty cool the way it was active at the top of the page.

While you're at it, pass me that doob, too. I'ts been too, too many years since I had a toke.

-Al

I am a long time reader but I seldom post. With school and everything I just don''t have that much time to invest. I would like to have access to the chat room but if you think that's not possible right now, I'll deal with it.

I am so happy to have a board like this to come to to catch up on my beloved Browns I live in Dayton so , news and views of the Browns are hard to come by.

Thanks, Peggy

Top Bottom