Pick #4 Denzel Ward | Page 9 |

Pick #4 Denzel Ward

Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Callway are locked in. I'd like Janis to be our 5th receiver and if we go with a 6th, Damion Ratley would be nice to have.

Unless Louis and Higgins have some sort of mind-blowing camp and preseason I'm pretty much done with them.
 
Higgins has shown more promise than Louis... but Louis does still have the upside advantage.

I can't stop checking down to Ratley being this brass' pick though. Ditto Janis.
 
They brought in Janis for St's and compete at the WR spot so he's got an advantage right there over Higgins and Louis.

Those last two WR spots are definitely a question mark.
 
Louis is brimming with potential, big and fast. Higgins is a guy who won't blow you away with size or speed but is starting to look like a slithery get open and move the chains guy. Doesn't have dropsies.

Ratley is crazy fast, had like 23 yards a catch, and was drafted by this regime.

Thing is, they moved the target: "Upside" is king now because our prime targets are all set. If we assume Janis is the 5th, the 6th might bounce on and off the PS and be a healthy scratch much of the time.

That sounds like Ratley.
 
You can never have enough pass rushers. A great pass rush with an average secondary is better than a great secondary with an average pass rush. The name of the NFL game on the defensive side of the ball is to put quick and consistent pressure on the QB. NFL QBs will find people if given enough time. Don't give them enough time. Make them throw it before they're ready. Let's stop making the game so difficult. Get that QB!
 
100% agree and we will. If we can keep our stud bookends on the field, Garrett and Ogbah, that'd be a great start. But adding epic off-ball LB pass rushers Kendricks and Avery is really smart too. And Peppers closer to the line.

And Chad Thomas inside on passing downs. Some really, really good moves made... but being better in coverage helps the pass rush a lot too. Those free-range backs and TEs were not helpful.
 
You can never have enough pass rushers. A great pass rush with an average secondary is better than a great secondary with an average pass rush. The name of the NFL game on the defensive side of the ball is to put quick and consistent pressure on the QB. NFL QBs will find people if given enough time. Don't give them enough time. Make them throw it before they're ready. Let's stop making the game so difficult. Get that QB!

You pretty much described the Dawgs defense of the mid- to late-1980s when the Browns had Dixon and Minnifield at the top of their game but a mediocre defensive line with the likes of Carl Hairston, Bob Golic and Sam Clancy. They were better at stuffing the run than pressuring the QB. It's why the elusive, strong-armed John Elway took his Denver Broncos to the Super Bowl three times in the 1980s instead of the Browns. He had time to find his receivers despite them being covered by two of the best. Felix Wright was also a pro bowl safety. You can't cover WRs forever.
 
The PFF numbers disagree.

Their stats say it's better to have a stellar secondary. It's easier for an average lineman to make plays than to have an average secondary and rely on the pass rush.

I had a link at one time, but I don't know it off hand.
 
Jay and BF. I'm building an assisted living community. Complete with a memory care wing. Should be complete around April. They are selling units already. I'll see if I can get you a discount. Maybe you can get the NFL ticket. Only one downside. You'll have to find someone to take care of your "hotazz wives" ;)
 
The PFF numbers disagree.

Their stats say it's better to have a stellar secondary. It's easier for an average lineman to make plays than to have an average secondary and rely on the pass rush.

I had a link at one time, but I don't know it off hand.

I agree. The book on the Browns was so easy last year.

"They have Myles Garrett, so let's do all 2-second passes since they don't have the DB's to handle it". The LB's in coverage to a degree too.

GGG feels good about his rush if the press corners can be upgraded, thus the high priority placed on drafting Ward.

The Bills ranked 32nd in pressure percentage as a team last year, but they had PFF stars Tradaviouis White and E.J. Gaines to keep things in check.
 
Jay and BF. I'm building an assisted living community. Complete with a memory care wing. Should be complete around April. They are selling units already. I'll see if I can get you a discount. Maybe you can get the NFL ticket. Only one downside. You'll have to find someone to take care of your "hotazz wives" ;)
I gave her a pearl necklace just last night. And I don't mean real pearls!
:sex2:
 
Literally laughed audible to others' ears (AKA, "out loud"). I've had a distracted/shitty memory most of my life, extremely selective... but with the perpetual informational landslide that is Twitter and other digital media, the best I can do sometimes is remember seeing "something," possibly something with a link.
 
Browns on Breeland's list now, have talked to his agent and he's coming in for a visit. Healthy now. Browns seem semi-interested in adding corners to an already crowded room... something tells me they may be hoarding them to trade one for something else.

Maybe a WR or 3-tech. An outside WR over 6'2" would be a strong idea with Josh being a bit of a mystery right now.
 
Back
Top Bottom