Shep | Page 3 | Barking Hard

Shep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not speculating or smearing or anything. He's a huge MAGA and a Tomi L. fanboy. She throws up White Supremacist signs, the thumb and forefinger, all the time. It's known and if you think it doesn't matter to black players, you're 100% lying to yourself.

Fact: You can't support White Supremacists unless you are one. If you aren't, you'd vomit on the hour at the very notion of doing anything but throwing dog shit at people like that.

White Nationalism approving of Trump is a known fact, and he's careful to never make them feel unloved. He's stated it and shown it and employs Stephen Miller, who is as hardcore as they come. It's unavoidably true. Laura I., Tomi, and the weird bowtie do not need your assistance, they're out of the closet entirely.

...aaaaaaaaaand it's a political discussion.
Now I can pick if people will call me a dumb Nazi or a jobless useless potsmoking feminist hippie.
Yay!

Agree, I do not intend to flog it, but Mason's, uhm... affiliations? They're not cool, especially to POC, which is 70% of the league. Players would well to keep this stuff private.

Rumors floating already that it's 5 games. PFT says it'll be announced today. Man, I want it to be 4.

If the Bengals wanted something to celebrate in a nightmare season, this'd be it. Steelers are deeply wounded on offense, feels like an "anything could happen" game.

Thinking a few edge rushers of color might wanna get a crack at Fox News' favorite QB.

Don't be shocked if this blows up into a massive story before too long. The league has a very iffy reputation, culturally and politically backwards, didn't handle peaceful protests well at all (and easily could have), continue to be way behind all other leagues on marijuana (including for pain), and Rooney Rule is a sham.

You have a league that's 70% black but almost all white coaches and administrators making it the South Africa (or Bolivia) of sports leagues.

If the league covered up a racist insult from a dude who follows/likes white power types... and the team/league convinced Myles to play along but then it leaked anyway... and he got no reduction in his suspension while Mason got no suspension at all?

Oooh boy. Sounds like a documentary waiting to happen.

Yeah, he came in guns hot and never let up, forced me to reminisce about the bad ol' days. I wouldn't dream of going down that hellish rabbit hole again.

Might as well call it what it is, because the language is obvious: This new organization is young, Ivy-educated, forward-thinking, diverse and annoyingly fit except for Van Pelt. Dorsey brought a gruff cowboy vibe, some Marlboro Man, bit o' the Gipper, tossin' analytics in the circular file and all that. Freddie was Freddie, fit in with that just fine.

The people hating on this new group are using words like "Beta" and "pencil-neck," stuff like that. It's clearly MAGA V. Libs. God help me, I really hope this isn't how life's gonna be in every corner of society, picking sides. Blech.

Racism in America has been an absolutely horrific and damning problem since we hit these shores, isn't remotely a debate. It's been shameful and denying it only makes it more shameful. What's happened with African Americans SINCE 1865 is more horrifying by pouring salt in the wound by denying any of it happened, leaving it all out of the history books.

America lost one war on its own soil... to the American South when we undid the victory and told them nah, never mind, do what you will with the dark skinned folks.

Trump didn't create White Nationalism, he revealed it. It's real. Systemic racism is a sickness, rampant in every corner of life including law enforcement and the legal system. It's not bad. It's miles and miles worse than that.

Otherwise, I agree, Gabe. I don't report people at all, it's always right there to be seen. I think you've done a good job when it crossed the line. Otherwise, I have the power to mute the people who ruin my experience and I have.

I do think the death % will go down, looks like the antibodies are suggesting WAY more infection than expected (not to mention East Coast and West Coast strains, mutation, etc.).

It seems certain we're going to be talking about 140,000 deaths over a few months, which is obviously beyond tragic, biggest US lost of life ever other than WWII. Some horrible, horrible deaths (ventilators, man) and so much heartbreak and economic devastation. It's bad and at best we can say it was a learning experience on how a federal government can do everything wrong, including spreading false and contradictory information, inspiring disturbingly low trust/faith, and promoting snake oil treatments while Tweeting for people to liberate against his own administrations guidelines.

Just the worst mess that could've been made, and all these loopholes (including oversight) must be closed. Nobody knew just how voluntary our Constitution makes everything for a president.

I just want it to be the fuck over. I'm all for just striking this year from all records, getting it Eternal Sunshined right out of being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom