Browns - Thoughts Four Weeks In |

Browns Thoughts Four Weeks In

sailorsam

I come in peace
1) 3-1 in first place woo hoo! Lamar is hobbled so the division is there. Bengals and Steelers are shaky.

2) looks like the road to the Bowl goes through KC. again. (boo)

3) aside from the Chiefs and maybe the Niners the NFL looks like a mass of mediocrity.

4) so far I think the Raiders are the biggest surprise and the Chargers the biggest disappointment. 3-1 Giants and 4-0 Vikings? illusions.

(did the Bears really score 50+ points a few weeks ago???)
 
I had us at 12+ wins based on adequate QB play and the young guns. We're getting it now but we ain't there yet. Gotta clean up those penalties or that's gonna cost us a game or more. Sure would like to see a smooth no doubt win but......
 
Strange I just cut and pasted a yahoo review of the Browns 4 weeks in (all teams were reviewed) and I was wondering where I would post it. So good timing with this thread. I agree with this assessment from Yahoo Sports......but with a few tweeks which I will add after the the post below .............

Cleveland Browns (3-1)​

There are reasons to be skeptical. A team can't live off close wins in the final minutes, and in all three Browns wins they've grabbed the lead in the final four minutes. Cleveland's offense is still up and down, and the idea that Deshaun Watson is playing very well is overblown. Still, what more could Cleveland have wanted than a 3-1 record? New head coach Todd Monken has done a good job, and many young players are playing well and offering a bright future. The Browns are unlikely to maintain a winning record for much longer unless the offense finds more consistency, but it has been a great start to the season.

Grade: B

I'd argue Monken has done a great job (not just a good job).. aside from establishing some type of team discipline... after all 14 penalties with only the Chargers (see dumpster fire) have more over the first month. It's a sure recipe for losing games. He has established a belief they can win and a belief in each other with the players and that stands out loud and clear. That Watson is playing well being overblown.. is MONEY. I couldn't agree more. Granted the bar for Watson was submerged in Lake Erie so the way he's been playing is refreshing...but it's a long way from where we need to be at that position. it's still 99% dink and dunk...but he's improved every week. He needs to keep making leaps.. we don't need him taking steps.. we need leaps.. They also failed to note how well the Defense is playing after moving off of the best defensive player in the league. Summary: the B grade is perfect for 4 weeks....They better sort out the penalties or the Jets will embarrass us this week.
 
Back
Top Bottom