Waiting for Sports | Page 2 | Barking Hard

Waiting for Sports

Footy

they are holding up league play while they wait?
no
They just canceled 1 game last week. the other 8 games were played. all 9 games played this weekend.

No. I actually never even knew it existed until I saw the articles linked in your posts.
I was lucky and seen a hi-lite show on PBS about 50 years ago. it was a Rougher game then Like the NFL was hitting wise. it is the best team sport on the planet. 18 men a side on a field 3-4 times the size of our football. with little sports here our sport channels are showing 4-6 games a week on Fox sports 1 & 2 and ESPN2.
DVR one if you can. Geelong Cats Vs Gold Coast Suns Friday 8:30 ET on Fox sports 1 is one I'm looking forward to next weekend. check it out

no
They just canceled 1 game last week. the other 8 games were played. all 9 games played this weekend.

I was lucky and seen a hi-lite show on PBS about 50 years ago. it was a Rougher game then Like the NFL was hitting wise. it is the best team sport on the planet. 18 men a side on a field 3-4 times the size of our football. with little sports here our sport channels are showing 4-6 games a week on Fox sports 1 & 2 and ESPN2.
DVR one if you can. Geelong Cats Vs Gold Coast Suns Friday 8:30 ET on Fox sports 1 is one I'm looking forward to next weekend. check it out

That time is wrong 2:30 AM Saturday
got my 3 hours mixed up there lol

A couldn't care any less about UFC or NASCAR. I probably won't watch any NBA if/when it comes back because it's an awful product and the Cavs aren't playing. MLB is meh. Their whining and greed has turned me off.

I have watched a lot of the EPL (big Chelsea fan); some Serie A (big Inter Milan fan); and a lot of the PGA Tour. Those will get me through to football season.

What's made it even more enjoyable is that Captain America has been absolute fantastic since the restart of the EPL season and has looked like Chelsea's best player.

Eb5q7OUX0AAd7Ug

Where's the plan ?

I would be more than surprised if MLB or NFL get thru 2 months. too many people involved. coaches old. this could be a train wreck. I hope not.

I still think that with enough testing to prevent the spread, they can get through the season. The thing that they must avoid is the false positive. Everyone understands that if a player has the virus that he can't play, but if a key player is prevented from playing due to a false positive test, it could add a bad smell to the whole season. False positives are easily caused by cross contamination in laboratories that process a lot of tests. Using alternate laboratories to confirm positive tests can avoid this pitfall.

Mlb Nfl

What they need to do is to isolate themselves. nothing short of that can work. NFL example.
AFC North With NFC South 8 teams can play out 10 games. the 6 in conference plus 4 other out of conference. etc

Set up 4 hubs in resorts etc

edit
Take over TV and put on games every night of the week.

Some numbers as of July 9th, 2020

1918 Spanish Flu

World population 1 billion
50,000 million dead
5.3% of the population died

2018 Flu (which was a typical infuenza year)

World population 7.5 billion
650,000 dead
0.009% of the population died

CoVid-19

World population 7.7 billion
500,000 dead
0.006% of the population has died

We should still social distance
We should still wear a mask for now, when close to others
We should still make special rules for hot spots/urban areas
But, we shouldn't shame a farmer in rural Wyoming for going mask free when going to Rural King to buy grain.

So at this point, there needs to be an additional 150,000 worldwide deaths in order to get us up to a "double flu season" mortality rate. We won't know until the end, but so far, every epidemiologic prediction has been way, way, way high, and it started with a massive over-estimation of the surge, and yes those estimates were supposed to account for the shutdown.

Yes, we're using more ICU beds now, but we are NOT and will not run out of ICU beds. It's a long explanation on how hospitals manage ICU beds as to why.

I'm not making light of any of this (I treated 3 CoVid patients yesterday, and they're now at home and doing well), but it's amazing to me how politics and perception is always what the headlines are made of.

Something else I've learned during this pandemic. Much of the general public can't "take" a new disease.

500,000 deaths due to smoking related illness per year in the U.S. ... we're used to it.
7,000,000 deaths due to smoking related illness per year worldwide. ... we're used to it.
650,000 deaths due to influenza per year worldwide ... we're used to it.

135,000 U.S. deaths due to CoVid, and the press is relentless on the poor job all of the governors have done, and how stupid everyone is.

Just watch, our death rate in the U.S. will compare well vs the rest of the world when it's over. I know wayyy more on how to treat this than I did in March. There may be no cure, but there is better treatment and management now, and it's only going to get better the more we get to know this disease.

xu5lcDupoXGwOgfCAXJUBjOg2kJlKBZEwDREQmjGoTDj2jdkrDnxlmH89IWg96X8NB6UnLygLyOKAsf-SRhgIrYlvZAGyuZFNMzwmuSDyUUetKclC_yeDgwtUgoKw_DTFeq1Jry90kF2GSA24ULpoB-f82GaDH41RSrEv3p1wVzfTv1kCGZVnuknLVf0qiF4Wa6xnvxnwF0sbbBQXKIYwRaJnzf2uzMObzf91VTf-SfW0UytKrA6pG90teetSEYjTCUxSR43lucdBUS4Cx-XxzfZkqvG4aI_K0gNbddIzPF4rAwAaWkfx0J5iK0tk4Yw8zFda2CP83-CuD8rG-m8XVsvbuhXRTWCyb0b-fWVMaKg1nqkFS-n1Ax8Z4yfy8-kWYx8ExWhinZyPATj-eS891TS5ggROoX-ukN6jp5-iuNi8BjhQZoJ5TxUqn0aeOD1mamnvs7kh6Ydvxb1AL0dByM7zWDe21l2JmtKW4PU0LlEVPbE7ya_cr1UBd-giFrYcpWfDV_aIfjH-Q2e1xMdWVleYUTKQ4vUWWdymJeofVJ1IlL1UNyxudAkwIDlvyYHK2cqd0bjsJcJMW_cxGRDGxpCxs1NRps9EAGhFliYiAJPc2RLn5xyTyFJixepfhs3YW6r1SjziatpPkjzxCrAGnQz23PM-aheUbCTJmx3uvSJBYIAxcl8lDhvfFD5tfc=w800-h419-no

Last edited:
Considering they are counting anyone with Covid who dies as a Covid death, those numbers are meaningless to me.

Take away the nursing home massacres, and those numbers look quite a bit better as well.

I am paranoid with my kids every flu season, I hate it. But this is beyond the pale.

counting anyone with Covid who dies as a Covid death

True, I've had 1 patient die of a heart attack, but he incidentally had CoVid, so he counted, even though it had zero to do with it.

Agree on nursing homes, and add prisons too. In Ohio, that counts for 75% of deaths.

There is no country in the world whereby the average death from CoVid is less than 80 years old (I think I've said that a time or two, lol)

Plus, some states, like Texas, are counting "pool positives", so if one member in a house of 4 tests positive, it then counts as 4, as the rest are to assume they have it and are told to quarantine too. I get medically why this is the case, but man, more number skewing.

Next news spin is going to be vaccines. They start in Texas this months. Not sure how, but they will.

The criteria? You have to mingle a lot, you have to live in an urban area, and have to be relatively healthy. Oh, and you get a $1000 and are encouraged to frequent crowds.

There are a lot of young people, who would take the $1,000 with encouragement to mingle with others.

10-bucks the media gets that all wrong too in the coming months.

Tryin' man.

I understand "let's be reasonable" doesn't grab headlines, and "Arizona, Texas, and Florida are a mess" does.

It's still frustrating though, and again, I get it's serious, but let's reasonably navigate our way through this thing. Most people are, it's just they're the silent majority.

Numbers

Some numbers as of July 9th, 2020

1918 Spanish Flu

World population 1 billion
50,000 million dead
5.3% of the population died

2018 Flu (which was a typical infuenza year)

World population 7.5 billion
650,000 dead
0.009% of the population died

CoVid-19

World population 7.7 billion
500,000 dead
0.006% of the population has died

500,000 deaths due to smoking related illness per year in the U.S. ... we're used to it.
7,000,000 deaths due to smoking related illness per year worldwide. ... we're used to it.
650,000 deaths due to influenza per year worldwide ... we're used to it.

135,000 U.S. deaths due to CoVid, and the press is relentless on the poor job all of the governors have done, and how stupid everyone is.
Thanks for the pep talk first. good to hear from you on the front line. stay well

All those numbers are up for debate daily. they are in some cases inflated for causes and cash or other reasons. the bottom line is humans die. unavoidable.

on topic
Anyone checking out the NRL and Super Rugby ?
They are a bit different yet the same. but both are action packed. yummy

Super Rugby NRL

NRL FOX SPORTS 1 & 2

Super Rugby ESPN & ESPN+ they have replays on the watch app
both on Sky Sports UK all games

Always looked good but never had the time to watch.. that's changed

NBA has been interesting but they missed a huge opportunity to induce urgency which they've been lacking till the late rounds of the playoffs forever. I would of rather seen 3-5 game early rounds. Also, Suns go 8-0 and don't make the playoffs. Why where they there then, possibly so Zion could be in the bubble?

Top Bottom