Browns - WR Talk - 2023 | Page 4 | Barking Hard

Browns WR Talk - 2023

I don't see Theilen either.

Yes, we need a guy who takes top off the D, but also, we need a guy who instinctively keeps moving after his diagrammed route.

Not sure who that-guy is, but we need him. It's what Cooks and Hopkins do.
I'd contend Cooper already fits that bill. DPJ to some extent as well. Working on broken plays is not the bigger issue imo. CLE needs speed to take the top off, and someone who can get 50/50 balls. Preferably one in the same

Tuesday morning: Marquise Goodman news
Tuesday afternoon: Jerry Jeudy rumors

Rumor is a draft pick + Greg Newsome for Jeudy.

AB has been labeled aggressive for quite a while now. Seems like it’s “wide receiver week.”

Maybe a 3 or 4 plus Newsome? Why not.
CLE would only have two starting CBs in a league where you need 3, plus depth for injuries.

Newsome is under contract for a low cost for 2 more years, plus a 5th year option.

jeudy is on the last year of his rookie contract with only the 5th year option left (which has not been pick up yet by DEN). So he is going to be looking for a big contract now.

When I see these rumors the first question I ask myself is why would the current team want to trade him. Den needs receivers too.

CLE would only have two starting CBs in a league where you need 3, plus depth for injuries.

Newsome is under contract for a low cost for 2 more years, plus a 5th year option.

jeudy is on the last year of his rookie contract with only the 5th year option left (which has not been pick up yet by DEN). So he is going to be looking for a big contract now.

When I see these rumors the first question I ask myself is why would the current team want to trade him. Den needs receivers too.

Jeudy has 2 controllable years on his contract. Newsome has been mediocre. Explosive WR's are one of the most valuable assets in the NFL. This is an absolute no-brainer for Cleveland. Give up 42 and Newsome and let's go.

We have Ward, Emerson and Newsome. If Newsome is gone in a WR trade I'd rather get somebody else than Jeudy and he is not worth that much. Give them one or the other. Their choice.

It sounds desperate on our part to make that trade and like Denver wants him around unless some fool blows them away.

Maybe they are fearful the Browns will embarrass them like they did Dall-ASS with the Cooper trade, idk.

Maybe they are fearful the Browns will embarrass them like they did Dall-ASS with the Cooper trade, idk.
Seeing the buzz that AB is driving a hard bargain, which is what he's known for.
I still don't get why Denver wants to trade him, if he's sooooo good.
There's some soft info, like maybe they need picks since Russ has ceiling-ed out, their other WR's are more contract friendly coming up, etc.
But like us, Denver has a rich owner. The richest I believe. So, you'd think the convert to signing bonus trick would be an option. Maybe he's a miserly owner.

Jeudy has 2 controllable years on his contract. Newsome has been mediocre. Explosive WR's are one of the most valuable assets in the NFL. This is an absolute no-brainer for Cleveland. Give up 42 and Newsome and let's go.
Well yes and no on Jeudy with 2 controllable years. Right now DEN hasn't yet picked up his 5th year option. If they trade him before the date to exercise the option it becomes CLE issue to exercise it without really knowing what they are getting. I would suspect he is looking for the extension now, and not on the cheap. He could always hold out on the 5th year for as long as he is willing to lose money if he doesn't get a deal. Potentially a reason DEN is willing to move him. CLE extends him they will have to move off of Cooper. So getting him comes with a lot of risks.

As explosive WRs are one of the most valuable assets, so the are the guys who can cover them. Newsome was pretty good his rookie year, and not as good this past year. Of course wasn't a lot of good in the entire Browns secondary

Well yes and no on Jeudy with 2 controllable years. Right now DEN hasn't yet picked up his 5th year option. If they trade him before the date to exercise the option it becomes CLE issue to exercise it without really knowing what they are getting. I would suspect he is looking for the extension now, and not on the cheap. He could always hold out on the 5th year for as long as he is willing to lose money if he doesn't get a deal. Potentially a reason DEN is willing to move him. CLE extends him they will have to move off of Cooper. So getting him comes with a lot of risks.

As explosive WRs are one of the most valuable assets, so the are the guys who can cover them. Newsome was pretty good his rookie year, and not as good this past year. Of course wasn't a lot of good in the entire Browns secondary

Jeudy has 2 controllable years left - fact.

Newsome has been mediocre and we have CB's who have played better (e.g. AJ Green). Explosive WR's are a much more important asset than a mediocre CB.

This is now a moot point with the addition of Moore.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, us old fuckers know. You can try to run fast but it just doesn't happen as you get older. It just pisses you off.

old man GIF

The OBR's 2 cents on 2023, which isn't bad at all...

WR1 - Cooper
WR2 - Peoples-Jones
WR3 - FA Will Fuller
WR4 - Bell
WR5 - Day 2/3 Draft Pick
WR6 - Darden vs Schwartz vs Woods

Well OBR, here’s where we are

WR1 - Cooper
WR2 - DPJ
Slot1 - Moore
Slot2 - Goodwin
WR5 - Bell
WR6/gunner - Schwartz
WR7/returner - Grant

At least that’s how I see it at the moment.

I thought Woods played better than Bell in the very few times he was targeted.
I also want to get a good look at Isaiah Weston the 6'04 214 lbs WR from Northern Iowa. I don't know if he can catch on account he was out injured his whole rookie season. We have a need for a big WR that can play. He has 4.43 speed and a 9.9 RAS score. Whatever that means. He just needs to, "CATCH THE DAMN BALL!"

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 6-Priority free agent
Overview
One-speed route runner with the height, weight and speed to beat up on FCS opponents down the field. His primary function was to stretch and challenge defenses vertically, but he appears to have the physical tools to become a more nuanced route runner with more coaching. Weston will find that getting a clean release and outracing an NFL cornerback will be a much greater challenge. The downfield ball skills can be spectacular at times and his productivity would have skyrocketed with a more accurate quarterback. There is upside worthy of exploring but it might be as a late-round pick with an early home on the practice squad.
Strengths
  • Long body type with NFL proportions.
  • Flexible, fast and athletic.
  • Leverages coverage to create a clean runway vertically.
  • Build-up speed to blow by FCS cornerbacks.
  • Gets the most out of his catch radius.
  • Length and lift to go up and swipe the jump ball.
  • Displayed improvement in making contested catches.
Weaknesses
  • Might need additional time to clear press corners.
  • Routes are run at a monotonous tempo.
  • Needs to locate and adjust to deep balls quicker.
  • Too delayed in framing and bodying up defenders.
  • Career drop rate is a bit high.
  • Feet need additional runway to gather and open for comebacks.

Top Bottom