Browns - New stadium talk | Page 8 | Barking Hard

Browns New stadium talk

And an easier drive for most just having to avoid navigating through downtown compared to getting off at the highway and you are there. Either I-71 and Snow Rd exit or I-480 and Brookpark Rd or the next exit west of I-71 by the rental car lots.

Wow the acreage for those newest, latest and greatest stadiums is huge compared to our current 10 acre lot.

I don't think the Browns stadium is locked into the lakefront, either. Especially if the lot is terribly small comparably speaking. Why even stay there?

The whole deal is based on corruption from top to bottom regardless of who pays what amount.

The truth is taxpayers will bear most of the cost. Whether they call it state, city, county, RITA or federal taxes...the funding is on us!

Brook Park residents gonna pony up for that? 18,000 people live there. A lot less than CLE, and a lot less sin-tax opportunities as well.

I'd vote less seating ftr. It's the trend everywhere. 65,000 quality seats with fancy gathering areas is my pref. Like the Cavs did a few years ago, and the Guards are doing now.

Retractable dome makes a ton of sense. Agree.

How did those smaller cities with giant stadiums do it? Follow their lead. Richfield did it back in the day when it was a farm field. It can be done.
65,000 is fine too and with all that space there will be tons of gathering areas to decide what to do with and where.

Brook Park residents gonna pony up for that? 18,000 people live there.
The Browns need to get the County to pony up some $$. maybe look at other counties, if for nothing else as a threat. just don't tip their hand to soon. how many people who live in Cleveland can afford to go to A game ? very few. making them pay in even a sin tax is unfair.

As a taxpayer it's all unfair. Taxpayers are going to be told how much money the team brings to the area using inflated numbers that will not be accounted for properly, and ownership will threaten to leave without us paying for it, even though they pay no taxes.

From the article, this is why I'm not a fan of dumping tons of cash into the current stadium to renovate it. It has always looked like it's from page 17 of the JC Penny stadium catalog.

"By current NFL standards, Cleveland Browns Stadium is awful. The location is miserable. The whole project was rushed when the team returned in 1999. The sight lines from some of the most expensive seats are terrible. The suites are lacking. No service level wraps 360 degrees around the stadium; it only goes halfway. There are safety issues between pedestrians and automobiles exiting the stadium postgame. The concourses are far too narrow and too tight. Not to mention it’s an absolutely miserable place to be in December when the winds whip in off Lake Erie. The whole thing is a wreck."

I wonder if the non-retractable "straight dome" part of the story is true.

"Weed, Wagers, and Dude Wipes Stadium" anyone?

As far as a non-retractable dome goes, this is from the Viking's stadium Wiki page:

=====

Design

"While the Vikings' owners wanted an outdoor stadium, the state and local governments would only provide funding for an indoor stadium capable of hosting major events like the Super Bowl and the Final Four. A retractable roof was the trend in 2010s football stadiums. However, retractable roof facilities are not typically designed for the roof to be opened and closed in sub-freezing conditions. When built in temperate climates, retractable roofs are generally kept closed throughout the winter months, both to reduce the stress on the roof and its components and also to reduce or eliminate the need to winterize the stadium's interior. In contrast, to be of any competitive on-field advantage to the Vikings, a retractable roof facility would have needed to be designed to operate in a Minnesotan winter so as to allow the Vikings to play a home game outdoors during the NFL playoffs. Eventually, this design was deemed too expensive."

Top Bottom