Pick #4 Denzel Ward | Page 8 |

Pick #4 Denzel Ward

Teams go as their QB goes.. End of Story!
The 2002 bucs, 2000 and 2012 ravens, the 2017 Eagles and some others disagree.
Qb is important but you can win with a "he doesnt suck" qb if the rest of the team is very good. You need a gameplan, a FO working together with the coaching staff, depth, and a lot of things. Not just a qb.
 
The 2002 bucs, 2000 and 2012 ravens, the 2017 Eagles and some others disagree.
Qb is important but you can win with a "he doesnt suck" qb if the rest of the team is very good. You need a gameplan, a FO working together with the coaching staff, depth, and a lot of things. Not just a qb.

Well the Ravens and Eagles examples are a bit superfluous because that "he doesn't suck" QB was balling out as good as they ever have. Even add Rich Gannon in Oakland, even though they didn't win I feel like he was put on a pedastal even though that one season was all he ever really did.

I agree overall but you're making it seem like you can roll Brady Quinn out there and win a championship.
 
Our front 4 or 7 or whatever the scheme is, have to put pressure on the qb consistently on every down! That’s what will make this secondary respectable. Otherwise, more of the same ole shit! This means Garret, Ogbah, and Nassib “have to” stay on the field . Which means staying healthy! What are the odds of that? I have a lot of respect for Nassib playing thru his injury last year. He showed toughness where Garrett and Ogbah showed weakness.
 
What's going on here? Dorsey basically overhauls the secondary to get faster and younger, like to an unprecedented level... commits a #4 pick to an elite corner, brings in young but talented guys at CB and FS, guys who had excellent seasons in 2017...

And we think the pass rush has to cover for them? That was last year. Gregg didn't trust his DBs at all, which is why we brought in Ward, Randall, Carrie, Gaines, Mitchell, and Thomas to go with BBC, Kindred, and Peppers.

You realize we traded Taylor because there was no room for him, right? He was good enough for another team but not for us?

I'm not sure what's happening here. It's so odd. You don't think we did enough, while doing what I'm pretty sure is more than anybody's ever done to a defensive backfield in one offseason?

I'm gonna back away. This is a level of offseason nuttiness I haven't seen in a while.
 
I agree the pass rush will either make a great DB, or lack of a pass rush will expose them for who they are ;)
On CBD the other say they had on the PFF guy, he's a regular on the show, who said the stats show a better secondary helps an average pass rush more so than a good pass rush pass rush helps an average secondary. I know! I was shocked too! I always felt it was the other way around!

If I knew the link I'd post it, but it was recently on CBD.
 
Now EJ Gaines thinks he was going to come to CLE and skate through his contract.

He feels like he was misled. PFFfffffttt.

Just earn your spot here and fulfill your contract. Don't let Ward's draft status affect you and ball out like you would if you were on Eagles.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey E.J. ...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tough times don’t last, tough people do.</p>— Ricardo Louis (@GuttaManRick) <a href="https://twitter.com/GuttaManRick/status/1012498411612921856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
WR competition gets real interesting if either Ricardo or Rashard show up big in camp and early preseason.

Gordon, Landry, Coleman, and Callaway are set. If they're healthy along with Njoku and Duke, those are your top six targets and nobody else will get enough looks to show up on the most sophisticated radar.

So who makes the most sense for the other two slots (maybe only one on game day)? Janis, Ridley, Louis, and Higgins are fighting for two spots (there are others but it comes down to these four). One could go on the PS or will be a frequent healthy scratch and frankly that sounds like Ridley.

Which would mean three guys fighting over one game day slot.

EDIT: Ridley, Radley, whatever the fuck (!).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom