Pick #4 Denzel Ward | Page 14 |

Pick #4 Denzel Ward

Love the guy but Grey is correct. He needs to do Everything required to heal from this and do nothing til he's 100% healthy. Then come next season if he continues his high hits he's done. You can be smart and physical at the same time. Hope that makes it through his cobwebs.
 
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Browns?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Browns</a> Denzel Ward shut down for game 16, here’s a look at some of his final rookie numbers among 130+ qualifying cornerbacks:<br><br>Passer rating allowed - 70.7 (13th)<br>Yds. per cover snap - 0.88 (24th)<br>Defensive grade - 79.0 (13th)<br>Coverage grade - 83.6 (6th)</p>— PFF CLE Browns (@PFF_Browns) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1079024012745953281?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 29, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
 
I think he's earned it. A team player, a small CB who plays the run as well as any other pound for pound. His only issue is injuries because he's willing to put his shoulders into a RB when teams run at him. And they do that a lot.
 
I could go either way on this.. concussion history is a concern..but he's still at the top of his game. I have to believe we will use a premium pick on a CB in next years draft...but he's likely gone by the time this team comes together as a consistent playoff team IF the youth movement here comes together. .. that being said. Darryl Green played until he was 103 years old.... I'm not sure if I like this move or not.. but it's not because he's not a good player.. I'm thinking of future team building and health. I'm praying he can stay healthy and avoid the concussions for the rest of his career. Not just for us...but for his WHOLE.. life.. health is wealth.
 
We'd be splitting hairs on the most talented player on the team but Ward, Schwes and I'd add Campbell & Verse to that conversation, are all up there.
Schewes and Verse don't have enough time in to be compared with Ward. Ward has been a top 3 cover corner since day 1. I hope someday we can say Schewes was more talented than Ward, but he has a long way to go.
 
Back
Top Bottom